+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I was on my way to being scammed just now..

Re: I think I was on my way to being scammed just now..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I've always found the ones trying to scam you do put the effort in and they'll listen to you talk about the most random shit you can think to say, becausw while you're talking you're still engaging with them, but I've been hung up on numerous times when I've not spoken to them for any period of time.
    Yes you're right some do put extra effort in, probably because they have a good commission deal.

I remember one call which I particularly enjoyed. The pitch was moving your pension so I went through the same old rigmarole and pretended not to have understood the reason for the call.

When I kind of haphazardly asked the chap on the call to excuse my state of confusion because I was suffering from depression and then mentioned it was because my retirement income was barely enough to live on he kinda stuck around for ages. Putty in my hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Anyone ringing you is lying.
    yep .
    Got a golden rule no response to automation systems without password entry , only agree transactions via me contact the vender

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Yes you're right some do put extra effort in, probably because they have a good commission deal.

I remember one call which I particularly enjoyed. The pitch was moving your pension so I went through the same old rigmarole and pretended not to have understood the reason for the call.

When I kind of haphazardly asked the chap on the call to excuse my state of confusion because I was suffering from depression and then mentioned it was because my retirement income was barely enough to live on he kinda stuck around for ages. Putty in my hands!
    I had an awful job in my late teens selling phone contracts via a call centre. We called people up under the guise of renewing their 3 contract.. Most fell for it but anyone with a bit of sense or who weren't pre occupied clicked on and asked "are you calling from 3" to which we had to say no and try more sales spiel. I was good at it but quickly found another job. Was semi honest I guess but didn't sit right.