+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football Talent In South Wales

Football Talent In South Wales

There is loads of it

How come we , as the biggest club in south wales , don't pick much of it up ?

Kids in South Wales are football crazy

My local town team has over twenty football teams from juniors to seniors

Thats just one town

Where is the next Aaron Ramsey or Robert Earnshaw ?

Re: Football Talent In South Wales

pretty sure we will unearth a gem or two in south wales now and again but my thoughts on the whole are widely known that young elite footballers in this country and UK haven't much of a leg to stand on in terms of making it as a top professional . The standard is so high and most of the top footballing nations have a different approach to producing top footballers than the UK . Just look at these stats in terms of english players in the prem league taken from 2 years ago . Would imagine its around the same now

https://www.90min.com/posts/6145762-...-19-is-english

England and wales both have more talent coming through into their national teams than at any point I can remember.

It sure as hell isn't being generated by us though.

First Team

In both England and Wales the system for bringing through talent is appalling.
    The raw talent has always been there but for as long as I can remember physical prowess won over technical talent despite the plethora of youth teams on local pitches.
    To an extent the English Authorities have attempted to address this with both the academies and the St George’s Park project. However, the best youngsters still go to the best teams who then prefer to exercise their financial might and buy in, mostly, proven talent.
    Therefore , at just below first team level there is a log jam off youngsters who get loaned out and many just then drop off the radar.
    Once it was the Dutch and now the French who seem to have developed the knack of bringing on young talent in batches rather than the odd success so maybe we should once again look to others and adopt or at least incorporate the better practices that are proving successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    In both England and Wales the system for bringing through talent is appalling.
    The raw talent has always been there but for as long as I can remember physical prowess won over technical talent despite the plethora of youth teams on local pitches.
    To an extent the English Authorities have attempted to address this with both the academies and the St George’s Park project. However, the best youngsters still go to the best teams who then prefer to exercise their financial might and buy in, mostly, proven talent.
    Therefore , at just below first team level there is a log jam off youngsters who get loaned out and many just then drop off the radar.
    Once it was the Dutch and now the French who seem to have developed the knack of bringing on young talent in batches rather than the odd success so maybe we should once again look to others and adopt or at least incorporate the better practices that are proving successful.
    your home town club has always had a good set up to be fair

All my mates turned to drink or/and drugs.ate of mine good boxer had trials at Swansea and others were scouted at a young age and tainted with the "he's got it" comments and weren't committed enough. I honestly doubt any of them would have had noticeable careers but when you're young and you hear all that talk you've only got to wonder what a bit of training and coaching could do.

Difference between a building site and vamarama league I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    England and wales both have more talent coming through into their national teams than at any point I can remember.

It sure as hell isn't being generated by us though.
    Second time you've posted this. Absolutely true. Exciting times.

I was involved with running, and later coaching, boys football teams for about ten years (aged 8 to 18). The team I was involved with played mainly at the top of their league structure, and in all that time, I never saw a single scout at any of our games.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I was involved with running, and later coaching, boys football teams for about ten years (aged 8 to 18). The team I was involved with played mainly at the top of their league structure, and in all that time, I never saw a single scout at any of our games.
    Is this the situation for all clubs

Or are cardiff city just shit ?