+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R number above 1. Effect on football🙄

R number above 1. Effect on football🙄

Herd immunity or lockdown 2.
    What will they go for.
    This might end the season before week 3 if they react like last time.
    Hold on to your season tickets this will be a bumpy ride.

Re: R number above 1. Effect on football🙄

I don’t get the numbers, so they think 20 people in every 100,000 have got it? So 600 people in wales? They test positive they self isolate....am I missing something? What’s the latest OTT panic about? Didn’t they just tell people who have been self isolating for months they don’t need to?

Think we may have to just accept the virus is with us and we have to go about our business and manage as best we can , with some restrictions, whilst providing extra care for the vulnerable and over 70's .

It wont hurt us all to wear mask this winter on public transport and in shops ,we can't stay lock down forever , we we will go bankrupt if this drags which will bring on other health issues , never mind the mental anguish for folk being lock down and young children needing normal interactions . ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I don’t get the numbers, so they think 20 people in every 100,000 have got it? So 600 people in wales? They test positive they self isolate....am I missing something? What’s the latest OTT panic about? Didn’t they just tell people who have been self isolating for months they don’t need to?
    Well that's the numbers who have tested, true numbers are probably far higher but it's used as a guide.

It's still relatively low compared to March / April where there were about 6k a day in the UK but there was far less testing. Seen some estimates reckon the true number then was 100k.

I think we will keep things open, but restrictions on gatherings, mandatory masks etc will remain for a long time.

At present hospital admissions aren't really rising, when that happens though then I think it's anyone's guess on what they do.

I’m not expecting stadiums to be at capacity at any time during the next few seasons.

I think next summer might be interesting for the euros. Maybe locals only to attend in reduced attendances?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I’m not expecting stadiums to be at capacity at any time during the next few seasons.

I think next summer might be interesting for the euros. Maybe locals only to attend in reduced attendances?
    Yea seems weird and far fetched to think in less than a year people will be will freely travelling around Europe to watch football. They probably should have amended it to far less countries but probably a nightmare whatever they do.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Herd immunity or lockdown 2.
    What will they go for.
    This might end the season before week 3 if they react like last time.
    Hold on to your season tickets this will be a bumpy ride.
    There will no herd immunity without a vaccine and even then no one knows how long it will last. To achieve herd immunity without a vaccine immunity requires up to 70% of the population to get the disease. Looking at the death rate in the UK, which seems astonishingly high, probably due to a lack of testing, but you could be talking about hundreds of thousands dying.

A reliable vaccine would make a huge difference. We're at a stage now where its been almost completely bad news for the last month or so For myself, I was expecting a second wave or whatever you want to call it, but I thought it would be a while yet before we reached where we are now. Short of a medical breakthrough or a vaccine arriving a lot quicker than anyone is predicting, I can't see how crowds will be allowed at games this side of Christmas and it may well be that we end up with no football again in the coming weeks.

However, think back six months or so and no one was predicting that the 19/20 season would be completed by August and the 20/21 campaign would be starting in early September - there is a will among all Governments to keep sport going and open it up again quickly if it has to close down because it gives a feeling of relative normality. I reckon if a vaccine is found and made available to everyone, the crowds would be allowed back at sports events in no time.

Herd immunity is being achieved now.
    The virus has mutated... it is not as dangerous as they thought.
    Being overweight is a serious worry.
    Strangely Asthmatics are not seen to be any more at risk than others.

A vaccine is more than unlikely in my opinion, but for those that want to risk a new jab it may bring some comfort.

Fans need to be allowed back now.
    Season ticket holders only might be a good way to get the thing going.
    I've not got it and I'm not scared of it either.
    So if all non worried season ticket holders are allowed to games we are back up and running.

I'm slightly confused what's going to happen if the spike in deaths that they are obviously trying to prevent doesn't happen - see Italy. What happens in a months time if all these cases don't translate to an increased rate of deaths? Drop all of these measures and open more stuff up as they'll take the stance that deaths are a more important statistic to follow than cases and rush to get everything open?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Herd immunity is being achieved now.
    The virus has mutated... it is not as dangerous as they thought.
    Being overweight is a serious worry.
    Strangely Asthmatics are not seen to be any more at risk than others.

A vaccine is more than unlikely in my opinion, but for those that want to risk a new jab it may bring some comfort.

Fans need to be allowed back now.
    Season ticket holders only might be a good way to get the thing going.
    I've not got it and I'm not scared of it either.
    So if all non worried season ticket holders are allowed to games we are back up and running.
    The virus hasn't mutated to a less dangerous form.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'm slightly confused what's going to happen if the spike in deaths that they are obviously trying to prevent doesn't happen - see Italy. What happens in a months time if all these cases don't translate to an increased rate of deaths? Drop all of these measures and open more stuff up as they'll take the stance that deaths are a more important statistic to follow than cases and rush to get everything open?
    Maybe Spain is a better example to make your point with?

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/spain/

You can see their new cases figures in the past month have been not far short of the figures in the spring and yesterday's figure was the second highest they've had, yet their deaths figures, although higher than in recent months, have only gone over a hundred a day twice since new cases started rising so steeply.

Spain are far worse off than us currently, but La Liga is starting this weekend and although I notice the Real and Barca games are off, there is a full programme otherwise.

I don’t think anyone will be watching football in stadiums this season....deaths aren’t high due to the current demographic who have the virus, mainly under 30. Almost expect pubs to be closed in the next few weeks, kids of death for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    The virus hasn't mutated to a less dangerous form.
    Some in the know say it has

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There will no herd immunity without a vaccine and even then no one knows how long it will last. To achieve herd immunity without a vaccine immunity requires up to 70% of the population to get the disease. Looking at the death rate in the UK, which seems astonishingly high, probably due to a lack of testing, but you could be talking about hundreds of thousands dying.
    It seems they are approaching herd immunity in Sweden. They have never gone into lockdown and numbers still declining. Now lower that Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post

surely 13k fan's in a 30k multi exit stadium is achievable.

Some in the know say it has
    Some are loving this early retirement lockdown

Football with crowds will be back soon surely.

Boris looking at 10m rapid tests a day.

Surely nobody doesnt believe he will achieve this. His track record is brilliant. World beating app and track and trace.

We will be back well before Xmas.

Unless you do think it was more bollox and bluster from him.

He knows that he throws the positives to buy time i don't think anyone has the magic answer, even the devolved health administrations seem to be unable to nail the right messages tactics , find the perfect track and trace systems.

I'm shocked that a Welsh Government run airport had to ask TUI for the Zante flight list or cannot deploy comprehensive mask wearing shut late night venues, deploy effective H & S business premises checks to ensure workers are safe ??

What I don't get is pretty much wherever the number of cases have shown increases those places were subject to increased testing just before. Caerphilly for example, set up a mobile testing unit just days before they announced infection had increased. Extrapolate that over the UK - where increased testing is all you hear about currently - and you're going to get more new cases. !!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    What I don't get is pretty much wherever the number of cases have shown increases those places were subject to increased testing just before. Caerphilly for example, set up a mobile testing unit just days before they announced infection had increased. Extrapolate that over the UK - where increased testing is all you hear about currently - and you're going to get more new cases. !!
    I'm of the understanding that the increase in numbers tested is taken into consideration, it's not simply a case of more tests, more people with it. The rate is whatever it is regardless of 50 being tested or 5000 being tested - it's out of 100,000 people. Obviously the more that are tested, the more accurate that figure will be.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    upto 10 K must be

Ive mentioned the netball in Australia, a seat ( or 2 ) gap between each group of people ( either family or social bubble )

It looks like it works ok

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It depends how badly we're playing!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It depends how badly we're playing!!
    At least then there's some social distancing as people leave at different times for the exit!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    At least then there's some social distancing as people leave at different times for the exit!
    Agreed.
    and that's the best place to leave from usually.