+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R number above 1. Effect on football🙄

Re: R number above 1. Effect on football🙄

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Agreed.
    and that's the best place to leave from usually.
    Perhaps to get to the ground we could have certain bubble pubs leaving at different times.

International

Yes, if spectators watched half a game each, the ones coming in for the second half could replace the ones leaving at half time because the football is shite.
    And it would help the economy because the pubs in Canton would only be half empty during the game instead of completely empty

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes, if spectators watched half a game each, the ones coming in for the second half could replace the ones leaving at half time because the football is shite.
    And it would help the economy because the pubs in Canton would only be half empty during the game instead of completely empty
    It would be like 25 years ago, fans leaving at half time in preference of a pint in a local boozer!

Not read the thread, but I reckon we ought to get a pool going for how many games we play before lockdown and the end of the football season..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He knows that he throws the positives to buy time i don't think anyone has the magic answer, even the devolved health administrations seem to be unable to nail the right messages tactics , find the perfect track and trace systems.

I'm shocked that a Welsh Government run airport had to ask TUI for the Zante flight list or cannot deploy comprehensive mask wearing shut late night venues, deploy effective H & S business premises checks to ensure workers are safe ??
    For someone who says he has no time for Johnson, you don't half spending a lot of time defending him and his party. I agree that deflecting to something positive to buy time is a tactic that can work, but when it is nearly your only tactic, then people, even your supporters, start to wonder. We've had all sorts of grandiose claims, schemes and predictions from Johnson and Matt Hancock especially on the subject of testing and tracing with the occasional one coming off, but most proving no more than typical Johnson bluster. We were supposed to have the virus on the run by the end of May, supposed to have a "world class" track and trace system with a brilliant app which was being tested in the Isle of Wight this summer, then everything would be fine with testing and tracing come September, and it, clearly, isn't;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54121367

I'd always be wary of any five year old kid that says they want to be "King of the World", but the truth is that, in some ways, our Prime Minister has barely grown up since then. Look how he reacts to the current, ominous, situation regarding the virus - ignore today and promise jam tomorrow. A few weeks ago, he was hoping things would be back to normal by Christmas, now he's relying on the development of a testing system which most experts agree will need luck and a strong following wind to be ready to make it bearable.

I've not spoken to many people about this "Moonshot" (another typical Johnsonism, give something a daft name to make it sound more exciting) project, but those I have are united in believing it's for the birds - we've got a Government that is like the boy who cried wolf in reverse, the wolf is here and has been all of the time, but the Government keep on promising they'll kill it soon and we're now at the stage where people have stopped believing them.

A few months ago in PMQs, Johnson was blathering on about our brilliant rest and trace system (which, incidentally, is privately run, has a crony in charge of it and is increasingly falling behind the success rates of the local public service schemes that were charged with this task pre Covid) and Keir Starmer responded with words to the effect of "I'm not too bothered about "world class" systems at the moment, just something competent would be good for now" - I'd say he spoke for a very large part of the country there.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Some in the know say it has
    The general theory is that the form of the virus which kills people is destroyed as people are buried/cremated. The remaining mutations are less deadly enabling the virus to be prevalent (hence the increase in positive tests) but resulting in a lower death toll....people still get ill though. As with flu, any vaccination will have benefits but will not kill off the virus as it will have already mutated again by the time a vaccine is available. Hence a vaccine will have a limited lifespan and will need updating at frequent intervals.
    Meanwhile, beers in the fridge, City Player pass ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    It seems they are approaching herd immunity in Sweden. They have never gone into lockdown and numbers still declining. Now lower that Denmark.
    Possibly. They've had a reduction in deaths, but there's no evidence they've achieved herd immunity. Sweden is also twice the size of the UK with about 15% of its population.