+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harris went for it by putting Glatzel and Moore up front together....

Re: Harris went for it by putting Glatzel and Moore up front together....

Had to read the WOL comment several times - in bewilderment....
    "Teams now know Cardiff are a dangerous attacking prospect..."

huh???

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I also think we've been found out at set pieces at both ends of the pitch.

We as fans know what is going to happen so it isn't a surprise that other teams have worked it out.

Long throw, crowd out Morrison. Job done.

Corner, man to man on Morrison and Nelson and that's pretty much sorted that out too. Moore should add some more in that respect but I think we've become overly reliant on set pieces.

If we do not evolve going forward then we will suffer. That today was beyond bad. We created nothing. Moore must think what the hell he's chosen to come into.
    The most worrying thing for me was the second goal though. Players who you wouldn't expect to be beaten in personal duals and if it isn't just a bad day at the office then we've got big problems.
    Have a look at Bennett for that second goal, marking thin air! I WOULD expect him to get beaten in personal duals, he has a habit of not marking his man tightly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We aren't built to play possession football, Wednesday stood off and we had no answer. The gaps between the players were too big so we were routinely playing 15 yard passes which were easy to read for the Wednesday defence. We always played straight into feet rather than in front of the man so there was no momentum.

Why on earth we had a target man on with wingers who cut inside each time is beyond me. Surely when you have a player like Moore who wants early crosses you play with at least one out and out winger who'll put the ball into the box? Ralls as an advanced midfielder it doesn't work and never has worked, I don't see why he persists. We'd be better off with an academy player in the role and putting Ralls back into the role he's most effective in. Vaulks didn't do much whilst Bacuna proved there's always a mistake in him, he did the same against Blackburn and West Brom
    He's got this worrying tendancy to hit long, crossfield passes, with his head seemingly down and also under-hitting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Had to read the WOL comment several times - in bewilderment....
    "Teams now know Cardiff are a dangerous attacking prospect..."

huh???
    Not based on the last few weeks - but last season we were (I think) 4th highest scorers in the Championship and have since added Moore - so it should be a sound comment.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Not based on the last few weeks - but last season we were (I think) 4th highest scorers in the Championship and have since added Moore - so it should be a sound comment.
    Sure it’s not that Captain Tom Moore we’ve added

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Sure it’s not that Captain Tom Moore we’ve added
    I think he was on Stoke's target list. They plan to zimmer frame to promotion!