+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liverpool v Leeds

Re: Liverpool v Leeds

This is what happened when they tanked 2 years ago. Towards the end of the season they just were knackered and compounded by the losses.

That was when they was pushing for promotion, maybe they can get enough points on the first half of the season to make sure they’re safe.

Interesting one. Phillips good player mind

Phillips an England player, Really?

Was always going to be a love in. I watched them at arsenal in the cup last season and they can definitely compete on their day.

Will have to see how they get on against some of the unfancied types, although if Sheffield United can finish top half then why not.

Something of note, Leeds shifted four goals and it probably should've been six. Bielsa probably thought it best, tactically, to go punch for punch with Liverpool. It'll be interesting to see if he replicates that tactic against lesser teams-I think that he probably will.

its a shame they both couldn't have lost really

It's one game. Leeds did well, but there's a long way to go. "The Leeds way" WTF is that? Their defending was awful, but the best part was that their £29M striker gave away the penalty that lost them the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    yes they are.....you know...I didn't see ONE City player sweating today...it was pretty much pedantic and walking pace.....and I am old enough to remember Danny Malloy et all coming off at half time dripping in sweat. They HAVE to put more energy into their play.

THIS game is a joy to watch.
    I’m not being pedantic, but what are you talking about 🤣

Bollocks to both of them

I've long held this theory that the Premier want all the 'big' clubs back in the fold, and then they can shut up shop. So the likes of Wolves and Leeds are welcomed with open arms. The rest of us, well, it's a case of a nice pat on the head, now go back where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’m not being pedantic, but what are you talking about ��
    Trying to figure out what word he meant. Pedestrian?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I've long held this theory that the Premier want all the 'big' clubs back in the fold, and then they can shut up shop. So the likes of Wolves and Leeds are welcomed with open arms. The rest of us, well, it's a case of a nice pat on the head, now go back where you belong.
    some big clubs are going to be locked out

Sheffield Wednesday, Forest .....twice european Cup winners ....when did leeds do that ?

Sunderland .....massive club

I really dislike Leeds (hate is probably too strong a word) but I can't help liking Bielsa.

His approach and system may have limitations - and may not stop relegation - but the focus on fitness, the 95 minute press, the attention to detail, trust in young players, the close personal coaching that turned a failing mid-table Championship squad into run away league leaders..... I would love to see just some of that at our club!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    some big clubs are going to be locked out

Sheffield Wednesday, Forest .....twice european Cup winners ....when did leeds do that ?

Sunderland .....massive club
    Sunderland yes, they probably would like to see them back in the top flight. The others - maybe not. I meant big clubs as in crowds, or reputation.

Not sure if the so called elite want too many ‘big’ clubs back, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal were sewing up the league regularly, Liverpool were winning the odd cup, all was well in the world for them. Then Man City won the lottery and muscled in, I’d imagine that put a few noses out of joint especially amongst Man Utd fans, then Leicester gatecrash, horror of horrors, we won’t let that happen again they say, then Spurs reach a Champions League Final, they’re given a bit of slack because of the Glory, Glory days perhaps. But I wouldn’t imagine the selfish ‘super clubs’ would relish a rejuvenated and cash rich Newcastle (their dodgy saviours were given short shrift) or Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday etc hitting a new owner jackpot and joining the party. Those top clubs are the John Cleese of the ‘I know my place’ sketch.