Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
So on one hand clubs are charging a fair price but when given examples of leagues that offer a lot more for less you say it is to help out clubs in need. That doesn't make it a fair price, just gives a reason for the increased price.

I totally understand clubs are up against it. It doesn't mean that they aren't charging too much for an inferior product to others though (including Sky). If our club started charging say £100 for shirts because they are in trouble would that make it right? If people want to put money into the club then they can in what way they see fit.

I also think that if the price was more reasonable then more would buy it. I bought it today but it did not feel like value and if I was one of the fans who had trouble seeing the game I'd think twice at that price.

I think I'm right in thinking the Forest game this coming weekend will be blacked out to ifollow as it is on Sky but you can get a Sky Sports day pass for £9.99 which kind of reinforces the point.
They're not a rip off, clubs need that money. TV deals over here are cheaper for foreign sports, they'll be more expensive (I guess) in the States for NFL etc. Their TV deals are also mad, the EFL doesn't have it. I have bought a ST, I will use that against the vouchers. I imagine at least 13000 others will too. Clubs cannot and will not survive without this, it isn't a hard concept to understand. It's also about half the price of going to the game, and if there are 3/4 of you watching, the cost is bugger all.