+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 53

Thread: Declan Rice

  1. #1
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    18,648

    Declan Rice

    What's all the fuss about?

  2. #2

    Re: Declan Rice

    He is English THE END

  3. #3

    Re: Declan Rice

    Yes he’s not playing very well but he is a talent.

    Roughly 18 months ago he was playing superbly

  4. #4

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes he’s not playing very well but he is a talent.

    Roughly 18 months ago he was playing superbly
    Not many who could have a cv of 100 Premier League games by 21 so he must have something that upper echelon coaches and managers recognise that message board snipers don't!

  5. #5

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Not many who could have a cv of 100 Premier League games by 21 so he must have something that upper echelon coaches and managers recognise that message board snipers don't!
    He's obviously got something but I'm afraid the English media will hype him up and put too much pressure on him as usual.

  6. #6

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He's obviously got something but I'm afraid the English media will hype him up and put too much pressure on him as usual.
    Think you are getting duped by the OP. WB thinks Ethan Ampadu is currently the best defensive midfield player for his age on the planet. Now almost every poster on this board recognises his talent but WB has super recognition having been one of the first dozen posters to see his talents.

    Unfortunately for Declan Rice, Chelsea are considering signing him having letting him go as a 14 yr old. Even more unfortunately he would play where Ampadu would if he continued his development. That, apparently makes Chelsea a basket case of a club, whilst Ampadu goes on a sensible loan to Sheff Utd where hopefully he will get his 2nd and subsequent Premier League starts.

    Still it's enough for some to track Rice's progress and diss him every time he has a bad game.

  7. #7
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    18,648

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Think you are getting duped by the OP. WB thinks Ethan Ampadu is currently the best defensive midfield player for his age on the planet. Now almost every poster on this board recognises his talent but WB has super recognition having been one of the first dozen posters to see his talents.

    Unfortunately for Declan Rice, Chelsea are considering signing him having letting him go as a 14 yr old. Even more unfortunately he would play where Ampadu would if he continued his development. That, apparently makes Chelsea a basket case of a club, whilst Ampadu goes on a sensible loan to Sheff Utd where hopefully he will get his 2nd and subsequent Premier League starts.

    Still it's enough for some to track Rice's progress and diss him every time he has a bad game.
    Given tonights showing, Ampadu is a far better player. Can't wait for the England v Wales game

  8. #8

  9. #9
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    18,648

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    QED
    You do realise that you are going to have to spend the rest of the season saying how superior Rice is, cos a person like you can never back down.

  10. #10

    Re: Declan Rice

    He’s top class

    Put him on a top side he runs the show.

    21 and having to try and carry a woeful West Ham

  11. #11

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Given tonights showing, Ampadu is a far better player. Can't wait for the England v Wales game
    Couldn’t even get in the squad for a second rate German team last season

  12. #12
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    18,648

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s top class

    Put him on a top side he runs the show.

    21 and having to try and carry a woeful West Ham
    He looked like a cart horse this evening, so I hope for his sake that it was just a bad day at the office. Still looking forward to England v Wales though, it will be a good test for our young lads.

  13. #13
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    18,648

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Couldn’t even get in the squad for a second rate German team last season
    Well, in the beginning he needed a bit of extra coaching to fit in with Nagelsmann's style of play, and then after his masterclass against Spurs he got injured, but all in all it was probably worth a season away, as he is now a better player for the experience.

    PS RB Leipzig are second rate?

  14. #14

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Well, in the beginning he needed a bit of extra coaching to fit in with Nagelsmann's style of play, and then after his masterclass against Spurs he got injured, but all in all it was probably worth a season away, as he is now a better player for the experience.

    PS RB Leipzig are second rate?
    Yes

  15. #15

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He looked like a cart horse this evening, so I hope for his sake that it was just a bad day at the office. Still looking forward to England v Wales though, it will be a good test for our young lads.
    Go to bed ffs. Shouldnt take you long to fall asleep, you e only got one eye.

  16. #16

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You do realise that you are going to have to spend the rest of the season saying how superior Rice is, cos a person like you can never back down.
    This is like the kind of discussion infants have in the playground where you say that Dinosaurs are fantastic and anyone who disagrees smells of poo!

    Rice and Ampadu are really talented footballers.

    Wales and England (formerly Ireland) are lucky to have those young talents in their international set up.

    Both have played impressively and, at times, less impressively for their international teams.

    Ampadu is 18 months younger than Rice but due to inexperience, playing for a basket case club before being loaned to the best youth coach in Europe and playing 3 league games whilst Rice stayed with West Ham and has made 100 Premier League appearances and might be in line for a £70m transfer to Chelsea.

    You don't have to diss Rice's talent to admire Ampadu's. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

  17. #17
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    18,648

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You don't have to diss Rice's talent to admire Ampadu's. Is that too difficult for you to understand?
    I am discussing Rice's performance this evening cos he's got a massive price tag on his head, nothing to do with Ampadu, you are the one who brought him up!

  18. #18

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I am discussing Rice's performance this evening cos he's got a massive price tag on his head, nothing to do with Ampadu, you are the one who brought him up!
    They reportedly want to pay £70m for Declan Rice who was actually on their books a few seasons ago, and he's not even a major upgrade on Ampadu, and who can forget Salah & De Bruyne!! They are a mental club and always have been since the mad Russian took over!
    Just me making 2 and 2 as 5 as usual

  19. #19
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    18,648

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Just me making 2 and 2 as 5 as usual
    In case you missed it, he was shite this evening, so I was asking what all the fuss was about. You'd have to be nuts to pay £70m for Rice. And now you have gone and taken this thread off on a weird tangent for some unknown reason!

  20. #20

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He is English THE END
    done

  21. #21

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    In case you missed it, he was shite this evening, so I was asking what all the fuss was about. You'd have to be nuts to pay £70m for Rice. And now you have gone and taken this thread off on a weird tangent for some unknown reason!
    Given tonights showing, Ampadu is a far better player. Can't wait for the England v Wales game
    When you say a weird tangent why did you post this?

  22. #22

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    In case you missed it, he was shite this evening, so I was asking what all the fuss was about. You'd have to be nuts to pay £70m for Rice. And now you have gone and taken this thread off on a weird tangent for some unknown reason!
    He wasn’t shite at all. He had to carry a 3 man midfield where Moyes, in his infinite wisdom, tried to play Noble as a 10.

    Rice was one of the few WHU who could say he left it all out on the pitch tonight.

  23. #23

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    In case you missed it, he was shite this evening, so I was asking what all the fuss was about. You'd have to be nuts to pay £70m for Rice. And now you have gone and taken this thread off on a weird tangent for some unknown reason!
    You're basing his ability on one game, or have you kept an eye on him?

  24. #24
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    18,648

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    When you say a weird tangent why did you post this?
    You brought him up so I answered you. Are you pissed or something?

  25. #25

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He wasn’t shite at all. He had to carry a 3 man midfield where Moyes, in his infinite wisdom, tried to play Noble as a 10.

    Rice was one of the few WHU who could say he left it all out on the pitch tonight.
    I genuinely have no idea on Rice as i don't have sky or BT sports, he must be half decent though, surely?

  26. #26
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    18,648

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You're basing his ability on one game, or have you kept an eye on him?
    I was judging him on his reported £70m price tag. Did you see a £70m player strolling around the pitch this evening?

  27. #27

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I genuinely have no idea on Rice as i don't have sky or BT sports, he must be half decent though, surely?
    He’s got a good engine and gets around the pitch well. Will look better in a better team. Similar to a young Gerrard.

  28. #28

    Re: Declan Rice

    I think rice is a bit overrated.
    fair enough he's a cromulent premier League defensive midfielder at a young age, which is impressive, but I don't think he's that exceptional with or without the ball.
    I expect the English DM at Leeds will have surpassed him in the England pecking order by the end of the season.

  29. #29

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I was judging him on his reported £70m price tag. Did you see a £70m player strolling around the pitch this evening?
    So you're judging him on one game then I didn't see him as i do't have sky, and even if i did i don't think that i'd tune in to West ham v Newcastle. By the way, he's not a 70m player yet, you seem to believe the media when it suits your argument....

  30. #30
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    18,648

    Re: Declan Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s got a good engine and gets around the pitch well. Will look better in a better team. Similar to a young Gerrard.
    Why didn't you say he was going to be the new Stevie Gerrard? That makes sense why Frank would be interested. I'll have to keep an eye on the future England captain then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •