+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Declan Rice

Re: Declan Rice

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You're basing his ability on one game, or have you kept an eye on him?
    I was judging him on his reported £70m price tag. Did you see a £70m player strolling around the pitch this evening?

I genuinely have no idea on Rice as i don't have sky or BT sports, he must be half decent though, surely?
    He’s got a good engine and gets around the pitch well. Will look better in a better team. Similar to a young Gerrard.

I think rice is a bit overrated.
    fair enough he's a cromulent premier League defensive midfielder at a young age, which is impressive, but I don't think he's that exceptional with or without the ball.
    I expect the English DM at Leeds will have surpassed him in the England pecking order by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I was judging him on his reported £70m price tag. Did you see a £70m player strolling around the pitch this evening?
    So you're judging him on one game then I didn't see him as i do't have sky, and even if i did i don't think that i'd tune in to West ham v Newcastle. By the way, he's not a 70m player yet, you seem to believe the media when it suits your argument....

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s got a good engine and gets around the pitch well. Will look better in a better team. Similar to a young Gerrard.
    Why didn't you say he was going to be the new Stevie Gerrard? That makes sense why Frank would be interested. I'll have to keep an eye on the future England captain then.

Why didn't you say he was going to be the new Stevie Gerrard? That makes sense why Frank would be interested. I'll have to keep an eye on the future England captain then.
    You said it, not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think rice is a bit overrated.
    fair enough he's a cromulent premier League defensive midfielder at a young age, which is impressive, but I don't think he's that exceptional with or without the ball.
    I expect the English DM at Leeds will have surpassed him in the England pecking order by the end of the season.
    Bonus points for squeezing the word cromulent into a sentence on CCMB, now you will have to explain to everybody what it means

Bonus points for squeezing the word cromulent into a sentence on CCMB, now you will have to explain to everybody what it means
    It's way too early in the day, or the season to be using words of the caliber of "cromulent" 🤣

This has escalated since I last commented but the proof will be in the pudding when it comes to Rice. Looking back in ten years time I think he'll just be another over hyped player. I hope the lad proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It's way too early in the day, or the season to be using words of the caliber of "cromulent" ��

This has escalated since I last commented but the proof will be in the pudding when it comes to Rice. Looking back in ten years time I think he'll just be another over hyped player. I hope the lad proves me wrong.
    I had to google it. Rice clearly has a lot going for him but as an amateur observer I don't know if the gap between him and Ampadu is so big that it's worth spending £70 million

It's way too early in the day, or the season to be using words of the caliber of "cromulent" ��

Very good

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I had to google it. Rice clearly has a lot going for him but as an amateur observer I don't know if the gap between him and Ampadu is so big that it's worth spending £70 million
    That's good, it will embiggen your vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Very good
    Haha glad someone spotted it 🤣

It's way too early in the day, or the season to be using words of the caliber of "cromulent" 🤣

It all depends on whether Rice can curry favour with Lampard or not.

It all depends on whether Rice can curry favour with Lampard or not.
    And that's the thread gone to the dogs 🤣

And that's the thread gone to the dogs 藍
    If that's your takeaway then who am I to argue

If that's your takeaway then who am I to argue
    Your comments have given me much food for thought.

I genuinely have no idea on Rice as i don't have sky or BT sports, he must be half decent though, surely?

[FONT="] [/FONT]
    A Chelsea fan is definitely the place to go for a balanced view of Declan Rice's performance

A Chelsea fan is definitely the place to go for a balanced view of Declan Rice's performance
    The pass to the linesman was definitely the pick of the bunch for me

Heisenberg

Declan Rice: Joint 3rd for most interceptions in the league last year and had the 4th most tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Declan Rice: Joint 3rd for most interceptions in the league last year and had the 4th most tackles.
    Glad to see Declan's Cardiff based fan club is expanding at a rapid pace

Different players

Why does he have to be the new anybody? He can just be Declan Rice. He is similair to a young Gerrard in that hes box to box but that doesnt mean he has to be the new Steven Gerrard and achieve everything Gerrard did in the game. Gerrard is one of the best players in the history of English football in his position and would be worth a lot more than 70m in todays market.

By your logic Ampadu should be a generational great considering some of the players you've compared him to.

I think after this season Ampadu will be almost exclusively a centra back

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Different players
    Is Rice more of a destroyer then?