+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Yes I know people call it the feeder. This only started because Xsnaggle said it wasn't a canal. The council can call it whatever it likes but on all the maps etc it's listed as the 'feeder canal'. So it's not a new term made up to make the Churchill Way proposal sound more attractive.
    Similarly many people call the 'Glamorganshire' canal the Glamorgan canal, but it is what it is.
    A quick dip into my collection of maps shows Bacon’s 1910 large scale map of Cardiff (G.W. Bacon & Co Ltd. was a reputable large scale map producer from the 1890s to the 1950s) and the 1922 Ordnance Survey clearly showing “Docks Feeder” so not all maps. Perhaps we will have to agree to differ

Re: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    A quick dip into my collection of maps shows Bacon’s 1910 large scale map of Cardiff (G.W. Bacon & Co Ltd. was a reputable large scale map producer from the 1890s to the 1950s) and the 1922 Ordnance Survey clearly showing “Docks Feeder” so not all maps. Perhaps we will have to agree to differ
    I guess so. Out of interest, as you used to work for the parks Dept, I looked at their website and they correctly call it the Docks Feeder Canal. However their photo of a tree lined section is simply labelled 'the feeder'