+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Let's just have working from home as a default option if possible in wales, then problem solved
    How do we have the conversation on redundancies for lower paid workers such as bus drivers , coffee houses , eateries etc ,all who make money provide jobs from city center workers , we could see less public transport as a result and create a ghost town with just cheap kebabs eat outs , and pound shops , suppose we could blame the UK government for that one .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    How do we have the conversation on redundancies for lower paid workers such as bus drivers , coffee houses , eateries etc ,all who make money provide jobs from city center workers , we could see less public transport as a result and create a ghost town with just cheap kebabs eat outs , and pound shops , suppose we could blame the UK government for that one .
    I;ve eaten out at lunchtime about as much as I do working from home as I would in the office, just more likely to spend my money in a local cafe or restaurant than in a greggs or subway.
    Also I've done more shopping now I'm able to structure my day more flexibly (not that I do much)

Make working from home the norm at least half the week and you have other benefits, like people can commute further if they aren't doing it every day, so more money could make it way into the valleys towns from Cardiff - and then into valleys cafes and restaurants for lunches.
    I don't think the uptake of working from home would ever be enough to make cardiff centre a ghost town

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I;ve eaten out at lunchtime about as much as I do working from home as I would in the office, just more likely to spend my money in a local cafe or restaurant than in a greggs or subway.
    Also I've done more shopping now I'm able to structure my day more flexibly (not that I do much)

Make working from home the norm at least half the week and you have other benefits, like people can commute further if they aren't doing it every day, so more money could make it way into the valleys towns from Cardiff - and then into valleys cafes and restaurants for lunches.
    I don't think the uptake of working from home would ever be enough to make cardiff centre a ghost town
    Hope your right, and the WAG and Council have a plan to manage it in a good way that considers everyone not just office workers best interests .