+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So they put an outdoor eating area up whilst the weather was good enough for it to be used then took it down when the weather turned bad?
    I reckon to use it as a road would be a good idea, there isn’t much traffic these days anyway. It’s down about 80% on what it was a year ago I heard, so may aswell leave it as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I reckon to use it as a road would be a good idea, there isn’t much traffic these days anyway. It’s down about 80% on what it was a year ago I heard, so may aswell leave it as it was.
    The council really don't want to re open the road, over the next ten years expect plenty more exercises like this. I'm all for getting people out of their vehicles, it wont work though until public transport is revolutionised in Cardiff and the surrounding areas. There has to be a point in time where people with cars start thinking about others when they decide to take a little joy ride across the city for no real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The council really don't want to re open the road, over the next ten years expect plenty more exercises like this. I'm all for getting people out of their vehicles, it wont work though until public transport is revolutionised in Cardiff and the surrounding areas. There has to be a point in time where people with cars start thinking about others when they decide to take a little joy ride across the city for no real reason.
    I know, a mate of mine is quite high up in the council, says they’ve been dying to find an excuse for years.....