+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Can I suggest that you Google Cardiff feeder and see what comes up. I just did and Cardiff parks came up first.....They call it the Feeder Canal...Yes I know people call it 'the feeder' but it is a canal.

Canals don't have to have boats on them. It was built by Bute to move water from the Taff to the docks to manage the water levels in the basins. It used to move about 50million gallons a day.
    Yeah OK. you're much cleverer than I. I was speaking from life experience, you are speaking from internet. you are clearly much better informed than I. It's a feeder canal, you're right. Feel better now?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yeah OK. you're much cleverer than I. I was speaking from life experience, you are speaking from internet. you are clearly much better informed than I. It's a feeder canal, you're right. Feel better now?
    I too was speaking from life experience. My dad, a docks boy, used to swim in it with his mates in the 1920s. He always called it 'the canal'

International

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I too was speaking from life experience. My dad, a docks boy, used to swim in it with his mates in the 1920s. He always called it 'the canal'
    But you had to google it to see if it is referred to as a canal. OK. you win!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But you had to google it to see if it is referred to as a canal. OK. you win!
    Not so...I googled it to try to show you some third party evidence as you obviously misunderstood what the definition of a canal is