+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you take your mobile phone everywhere.

Re: Do you take your mobile phone everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    what's wrong with that? He was relaxing ffs. His kids were playing and so was he, just in a different way.
    Its odd

His kids were out with their dad , a grown man , he's their father and he was playing silly games on his phone whilst the beautiful birds were singing and the sun was shining

Should have stayed at home and played with his phone behind drawn curtains

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    My works phone is an I phone se. Does a job. Sh!t compared to my Samsung though.
    I have tried the i pad , shite

My Samsung tablet is great

When I first had one, I used to leave it at home, but that sort of defeats the object. So now, when I go out, it's wallet and phone, every time. Just in case. I don't walk round with my eyes glued to the screen, though. As and when, that's all, as and when.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have tried the i pad , shite

My Samsung tablet is great

Havent got a tablet but weve 3 ipads in the house. Never use (bought for the children) them and theres always one available. All internet I use my S10.

Android for me. Dont think id ever buy an iphone. Bought by Daughter the IPhone 11 as thats what she wanted though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Havent got a tablet but weve 3 ipads in the house. Never use (bought for the children) them and theres always one available. All internet I use my S10.

Android for me. Dont think id ever buy an iphone. Bought by Daughter the IPhone 11 as thats what she wanted though.
    I cant get on with apple at all

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    what's wrong with that? He was relaxing ffs. His kids were playing and so was he, just in a different way.
    There's nothing wrong with it, all I'd say that it's poor manners, take your kids out and at least take an interest or pretend to. How can any parent expect their kids to interact and show a little bit of discipline, when they're pissing about on their phones way to often. Probably on social media, the lonely twats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it, all I'd say that it's poor manners, take your kids out and at least take an interest or pretend to. How can any parent expect their kids to interact and show a little bit of discipline, when they're pissing about on their phones way to often. Probably on social media, the lonely twats.
    my thoughts exactly

The kid came running over to me , he was only about 3 , right next to a very sharp drop into the river where I was fishing

The parents were at least 25 yards away , he could have fallen in

I said out loud on purpose .....hello little man , you can't come here , you could fall in the river

Wayne slob , sitting on his blanket , looks up from his fecking phone and says oi Charlie get over yer , no thanks mate to me , little kid waddles back , he's back on his phone

Loving father grieves as child drowns would be the headline

Nation of deadbeats

my thoughts exactly

The kid came running over to me , he was only about 3 , right next to a very sharp drop into the river where I was fishing

The parents were at least 25 yards away , he could have fallen in

I said out loud on purpose .....hello little man , you can't come here , you could fall in the river

Wayne slob , sitting on his blanket , looks up from his fecking phone and says oi Charlie get over yer , no thanks mate to me , little kid waddles back , he's back on his phone

Loving father grieves as child drowns would be the headline

Nation of deadbeats
    Bit harsh to damn an entire nation based on one chump on his phone, I know plenty of wonderful parents

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Bit harsh to damn an entire nation based on one chump on his phone, I know plenty of wonderful parents
    Well its just the last line of my post

But there are loads of reckless brain dead people walking round all day glued to their bloody phones when looking after their kids , shopping , sitting in the park , driving etc , its like a David cronenberg film

Mi iPhone is a multi purpose tool that I use for many things. It’s my only camera now, all my online banking done via the phone, purchasing stuff, checking on what planes are overhead, Twitter updates, checking if swimming pool is busy (via an official app - not a spy cam), football score notifications via the awesome LiveScore app, it’s my calculator, contacts list, email device, I can watch tv from around the world, netflix, Sky, BT. Apple TV etc and even keep an eye on you lot via the internet - which is a reason on its own to have the device.

It also makes calls, allows instant messaging, text messaging, video calling and I can access all my business data and send files as attachments, work I do on my laptop is available on the phone, it’s a sat nav, allows me to check out satelite views of places I’m going or just interested in observing.

I can pay for parking, count my steps, learn what the different stars and planets are, use it as an alarm, a stopwatch, a timer and even make a phone call on it.

Why on earth would you want to be without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Mi iPhone is a multi purpose tool that I use for many things. It’s my only camera now, all my online banking done via the phone, purchasing stuff, checking on what planes are overhead, Twitter updates, checking if swimming pool is busy (via an official app - not a spy cam), football score notifications via the awesome LiveScore app, it’s my calculator, contacts list, email device, I can watch tv from around the world, netflix, Sky, BT. Apple TV etc and even keep an eye on you lot via the internet - which is a reason on its own to have the device.

It also makes calls, allows instant messaging, text messaging, video calling and I can access all my business data and send files as attachments, work I do on my laptop is available on the phone, it’s a sat nav, allows me to check out satelite views of places I’m going or just interested in observing.

I can pay for parking, count my steps, learn what the different stars and planets are, use it as an alarm, a stopwatch, a timer and even make a phone call on it.

They're handy things, that's for sure. My biggest issue with them is seeing people using them sat at a table together, or out with the kids, for long periods of time, mothers and fathers pushing their kid somewhere and on the phone, engage with the child, or look up, you might see something interesting that isn't a supposed mate drinking Prosecco. I really believe that we owe it to ourselves on occasion not to take the easy option, indulging in crap on a phone while taking a kid to school is bad form in my opinion, and rude, dismissive towards the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    you got a link for this hole picture mate?

https://twitter.com/thefastshow1/sta...577808897?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    That's what i'm talking about, some dick in work attempting to bring joy into my life, problem is, that type of shit is the extent of their personality.

My iPhone is part of me now. Always with me. Must be up there with the greatest inventions ever.
    Has to be , its a portable business and pleasure tool 😉

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Seeing couples or entire families sitting at a table in a restaurant is depressing.
    I think its nice to see families and couples out together, just not on their phones 👀

Well its just the last line of my post

But there are loads of reckless brain dead people walking round all day glued to their bloody phones when looking after their kids , shopping , sitting in the park , driving etc , its like a David cronenberg film
    I chose to only reference the last line for the drama

to go to a metal gig , go fishing , go for a walk along the seashore ?

Sort of live .....?

Why do you want to know what planes are over your house ?

I hate shopping , apart from for cds in spillers , so buying fishing stuff is OK but for food I would rather go down filcos

to go to a metal gig , go fishing , go for a walk along the seashore ?

Sort of live .....?

Why do you want to know what planes are over your house ?
    He's paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's paranoid.

Hes one of these people who shines lights into aircraft landing at Cardiff

Although to be fair from where he lives it needs to be a strong laser

He lives in a forest I think

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I feel like I have a healthy relationship with my IPhone I have it on me 100% of the time and use it for all the right reasons:
    Mobile banking, alarm, diary / notes, calorie counter.
    audio books and podcast when driving / walking.
    Sat nav, maps and weather.

I then try and really limit my time spent on social media, i have removed snapchat and Twitter, never check Instagram anymore but I do need to use Facebook messenger for my footy groups and contacting distant friends.
    "right reasons"

What are some of the wrong ones then? I don't use Snapchat or Facebook but I wouldn't call them wrong uses?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "right reasons"

What are some of the wrong ones then? I don't use Snapchat or Facebook but I wouldn't call them wrong uses?
    Right and wrong reasons being personal to me in particular, I find spending too much time on social media such as twitter or instagram has a negative effect on my mental health while going for a walk with an audiobook has a positive effect on me

Right and wrong reasons being personal to me in particular, I find spending too much time on social media such as twitter or instagram has a negative effect on my mental health while going for a walk with an audiobook has a positive effect on me
    I don't use my phone too much for the same reasons, my mental health improved massively when I cut my use down, and when I worked regular days I was sleeping a LOT better in the nights as I wasn't waking up checking Facebook etc or even mindlessly scrolling through it before I'd even got to sleep which caused me ti feel over tired as I'd take ages to switch off.

Was just the wording of your post, that I've read wrong obviously.

I don't even know what Instagram is

Facebook is mostly bollocks I just post anti tory stuff on my page together with loads of metal videos

I live a steady , predictable life