+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you take your mobile phone everywhere.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do you take your mobile phone everywhere.

I’ve noticed over the last six months my mobile is like my old landline I don’t take it out all the time, I just see who’s called when I get in and call people back.

Re: Do you take your mobile phone everywhere.

Yes 99% of the time.

Never leave anywhere without it

No. And I rarely pay attention to it when I'm home. I'll answer if it rings and I recognise the number, but I don't check texts in the evening.

Sometimes I go wild and just take my Apple Watch.

To answer your question seriously. Yes. Couldn’t get by without it. Use it as payment method, adjusts my Hearing Aids , stream music / radio through my phone to my hearing aids. Plus the usual stuff of staying in contact , maps , bank , work emails etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

To answer your question seriously. Yes. Couldn’t get by without it. Use it as payment method, adjusts my Hearing Aids , stream music / radio through my phone to my hearing aids. Plus the usual stuff of staying in contact , maps , bank , work emails etc.
    I hate mobile phones

I have a ten year old Nokia pay as you talk from tescos

Tablets yes , mobile phones naff off

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

That is impressive that we're at a point where people are able to do that.

Yep, use it as my primary means of paying for things

I also rarely take it out if I'm with my family.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I also rarely take it out if I'm with my family.
    They do my head in

Was out fishing this afternoon , a couple were having a picnic with their kids , the father was playing games on his phone

Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They do my head in

Was out fishing this afternoon , a couple were having a picnic with their kids , the father was playing games on his phone

Unbelievable
    Seeing couples or entire families sitting at a table in a restaurant is depressing.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They do my head in

Unbelievable
    what's wrong with that? He was relaxing ffs. His kids were playing and so was he, just in a different way.

When I'm working I take it but on weekends I forget about it & it normally goes flat, in fact I've no idea where it is right now! It's not allowed upstairs. Out of interest, 2 of my 4 sons don't have a phone (22yo & 35yo)

Yes although since lockdown when the concept of popping into a shop disappeared for a while I've realised I often leave the house without my wallet now without thinking

Pretty much although I've not taken it in the shower.

Not that anyone messages or Rings me

Yes , since Covid its my go to paying machine via PayPal, pub / restaurant apps, QR code use, its great leaving the wallet at home.

yeah most the time, mainly for the camera than calls.

literally 100% of the time, the worst thing is if I go for a shit and realise I've forgotten to bring my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    literally 100% of the time, the worst thing is if I go for a shit and realise I've forgotten to bring my phone
    Do they have an app for wiping ones arse?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Seeing couples or entire families sitting at a table in a restaurant is depressing.
    when my family comes round for Xmas, all of them are on their phones , literally all day

I don't. I've only just got a smart phone, i've always had a £10 phone, text, make a call, that was it. They are wonderful things, i'm just not interested in them. If i walk somewhere, then i'd rather listen to what is going on around me than plug in to music. Being unsociable for the right reasons is a dying art, 99.9% of phone conversations are total bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't. I've only just got a smart phone, i've always had a £10 phone, text, make a call, that was it. They are wonderful things, i'm just not interested in them. If i walk somewhere, then i'd rather listen to what is going on around me than plug in to music. Being unsociable for the right reasons is a dying art, 99.9% of phone conversations are total bullshit.
    my sentiments exactly !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    my sentiments exactly !
    To be fair Mozz, i'm surprised you don't still walk about with a ghetto blaster on one shoulder and a Commodore 64 in a ruck sack That was a joke I'm with you, i get mildly annoyed by those who are walking in public with their face in the screen-It does seem that some people have little attention span or discipline. People can't just be bored these days, especially kids. My mother would tell me to ****off if i said that i was bored when i was a kid

which one have you got ?

I hate them and want to spend as little as possible

Do they tie you to a contract ?

I hardly ever use my phone anyway so was wondering whats the cheapest way to go ?

Do they have an app for wiping ones arse?
    There soon will be