+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Death Of Planet Earth , BBC 1 , now

Re: The Death Of Planet Earth , BBC 1 , now

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah but moving country isn’t an achievement to lord over people.

And if it isn’t a partisan issue why are you bringing up voting for labour?

There isn’t several arguments against this there is hard evidence. I genuinely work and have studied climate change, if you have any questions I’m happy to answer them because everything you posted as “evidence” earlier is wrong.

Also police state don’t you live in ****ing France
    Who said I am 'lording it'? As for France it is far freer than the Uk. What do you mean 'genuinely work'? presumably in climate change...hence self interest.

mais tu vois mon amis tu est pas le seul mec qui a habité en France, si tu pense c’est très différent comme ça tu est pas correct! J’ai passé 5 ans moi même est en terme de government et le bureaucracy c’est beaucoup pire que le royaume uni.

mais tu vois mon amis tu est pas le seul mec qui a habité en France, si tu pense c’est très différent comme ça tu est pas correct! J’ai passé 5 ans moi même est en terme de government et le bureaucracy c’est beaucoup pire que le royaume uni.
    Je suis ici depuis plus ou moins 20 ans ...

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Je suis ici depuis plus ou moins 20 ans ...
    Donc j’espère que tu as ton carte d’identité chaque fois tu quit chez toi

Beautiful country and I’ll be moving back when I retire but more free my arse

Donc j’espère que tu as ton carte d’identité chaque fois tu quit chez toi

Beautiful country and I’ll be moving back when I retire but more free my arse
    I have everything thank you.....including re-registering my UK car!! Drop in for a glass or two when you return and we can have a good discussion.....

I have everything thank you.....including re-registering my UK car!! Drop in for a glass or two when you return and we can have a good discussion.....
    You are clearly a brexit tory type

What do you think of immigrants, considering you are one ?

And why are you living in a country that very much supports the European Union, which you don't like ? And like the UK, was built on immigration

Who said it is a partisan issue?.....for every argument in favour there are several against. As for moving to a different country...yes I am glad to get out of the filthy Rhondda Valley - and the more I read of what goes on in the UK the happier I feel. The UK is getting like a police state - whichever party is in power.
    The Rhondda is one of the reasons for the growth of cardiff

Some great people in the valleys

There are run down , ex coal mining areas in France too you know ?

Not sure why you moved , although the summers are longer

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...st-summer-noaa

This summer was the hottest ever recorded in the northern hemisphere, according to US government scientists.

June, July and August were 1.17C (2.11F) above the 20th-century average, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (Noaa).

The new record surpassed the summers of 2016 and 2019. Last month was also the second-hottest August ever recorded for the globe. The numbers put 2020 on track to be one of the five warmest years, according to Noaa.

Get in the real world? How does that even work for this 'debate'?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...st-summer-noaa

This summer was the hottest ever recorded in the northern hemisphere, according to US government scientists.

June, July and August were 1.17C (2.11F) above the 20th-century average, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (Noaa).

The new record surpassed the summers of 2016 and 2019. Last month was also the second-hottest August ever recorded for the globe. The numbers put 2020 on track to be one of the five warmest years, according to Noaa.
    Yes but there are several arguments to be made that it wasn't hot, so really it comes down to opinions. There's no other way to settle it.

So you do have an identity card you carry around everywhere but you still think the UK is a police state in comparisson?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes but there are several arguments to be made that it wasn't hot, so really it comes down to opinions. There's no other way to settle it.
    Indeed , the opinions of earth scientists or some bloke down tescos

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    you clearly haven't done that. you don't have a very good grasp on climate science, you just latch onto articles that for with your preconceived views
    Isn't that what watching a TV documentary does as well though? Not picking sides here but wouldn't watching a TV show with a load of scientists lined up all saying the same thing is not much different to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Isn't that what watching a TV documentary does as well though? Not picking sides here but wouldn't watching a TV show with a load of scientists lined up all saying the same thing is not much different to me.
    The facts have been available for years now, people don't have to rely on a tv documentary.

But there's nothing wrong with relying on a documentary for knowledge if you can use a bit of critical thinking to decide if it's trust worthy.

We can't all be experts in everything, you just have to be clever enough to assess the sources of information.

The facts have been available for years now, people don't have to rely on a tv documentary.

But there's nothing wrong with relying on a documentary for knowledge if you can use a bit of critical thinking to decide if it's trust worthy.

We can't all be experts in everything, you just have to be clever enough to assess the sources of information.
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, just making the point that neither are really any different.

The problem in this case is that about 96/97% of scientists have concluded man-made climate breakdown is real and so you'd get one doubter after 24 have said the same thing. (And I think those 3/4% now suggest it's happening but it won't be that bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    The problem in this case is that about 96/97% of scientists have concluded man-made climate breakdown is real and so you'd get one doubter after 24 have said the same thing. (And I think those 3/4% now suggest it's happening but it won't be that bad).
    Some fella believing a TV show is the same as another person believing an online article.

That's literally all I'm pointing out tbh.

Jeepers...some time I shake my head at the closed minds of SOME of the contributors here. It smacks to me of Valleys mentality. Like if you put a red rosette on a donkey they would still vote Labour. Get out into the REAL world ( like some of us have done) and LOOK at the arguments from a neutral point of view.
    You don't need to be genius to work out that pumping toxic waste into the air and the land and the water and engineering terrain for one specific use ....and doing all of this day in day out, 24 hours a day......is only going to result in an inhospitable environment. It's just glaringly fckn obvious. FFS.

BTW, the Valleys mentality that you talk of has produced some of the most important social movements in the history of Wales. People who volunteer to travel to a foreign country in solidarity with other working-class people to fight against fascism. People who stick together and hold out against shitty working conditions.

You might have sat in your house researching whether or not humans are destroying their planet, but you don't sound like the type of person who has a very good understanding of the virtues of the collective nor someone who would have the courage of their convictions to act for the greater good.

I might be someone who is swayed by popular perceptions about the state of the planet, but even if I'm wrong, what is the worst that could happen ? There will be more forests, more habitats for species to become extinct in, clean water, clean air, less (not fewer) micro plastic in the sea, etc etc.

There is a lot to be said for common sense and less website trawling .

I think , and maybe its just me , I would regard scientific evidence provided by world renowned experts on a global television programme , hosted by one of the worlds most renowned nature commentators with more credence than something pulled from the internet .

Its a bit like being involved in an accident and a group of highly educated, skilled doctors offer to help you and you say I read something on the Internet by some bloke , I will go with that

The point always goes missing on ccmb doesn't it!

I have got a problem with my car

Should I go and see my mate who has 20 years as a mechanic

Or should I talk to dave who spends every night propping up the bar , doesn't drive and reads The Sun ?

Its a close one

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You don't need to be genius to work out that pumping toxic waste into the air and the land and the water and engineering terrain for one specific use ....and doing all of this day in day out, 24 hours a day......is only going to result in an inhospitable environment. It's just glaringly fckn obvious. FFS.

BTW, the Valleys mentality that you talk of has produced some of the most important social movements in the history of Wales. People who volunteer to travel to a foreign country in solidarity with other working-class people to fight against fascism. People who stick together and hold out against shitty working conditions.

You might have sat in your house researching whether or not humans are destroying their planet, but you don't sound like the type of person who has a very good understanding of the virtues of the collective nor someone who would have the courage of their convictions to act for the greater good.

I might be someone who is swayed by popular perceptions about the state of the planet, but even if I'm wrong, what is the worst that could happen ? There will be more forests, more habitats for species to become extinct in, clean water, clean air, less (not fewer) micro plastic in the sea, etc etc.

There is a lot to be said for common sense and less website trawling .
    Great history of fighting for social justice in the valleys

That wouldn't interest a tory though

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I think many of the 3% think that it's happening but not because of human actions. Although by now, that number may have shrunk.

The point always goes missing on ccmb doesn't it!
    Looks to me like Alcathays addressed your point exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Looks to me like Alcathays addressed your point exactly.
    My point, to him, that was I was just pointing out what I said in my original post to the person I replied to, and wasn't having a discussion..