+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Death Of Planet Earth , BBC 1 , now

Re: The Death Of Planet Earth , BBC 1 , now

Scary stuff.

I'm just relieved it wasn't all down to the cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Scary stuff.

I'm just relieved it wasn't all down to the cats.
    Those ***** can **** off as well

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    George Carlin has the answer to this particular issue as he does For many others.

https://youtu.be/uHgJKrmbYfg
    He doesn't have the answer , its just his opinion

I love his stuff on religion

But on this hes going against a stack load of scientific fact

The planet is already biting back

Coronavirus , floods , climate change

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    As long as the world's economy depends on "growth" we've had it I'm afraid.
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Absolutely......global warming 9aka now climate change) is the biggest con in history. There IS no global warming since records. There are LESS natural disasters than previous years. How can they say 1 in 8 species facing extinction when they don't even know how many species there are. DO you realise how they gauge that??

The planet is fine - it has ALWAYS changed over the millennia.
    This is a joke ?

Is this Donald trump online?

but that is just it......it has made no discernible difference to the temperature. Over population is the biggest threat. Shortages of food/water/essential minerals. Mind you Earth does seem to adjust its population from time to time by one means or another.....
    over population is not the biggest threat according to about 15 experts interviewed on that programme last night

Its on i player

Self interest...and btw I don't see a programme called "The Death Of Planet Earth " ....only "Planet Earth".

but that is just it......it has made no discernible difference to the temperature. Over population is the biggest threat. Shortages of food/water/essential minerals. Mind you Earth does seem to adjust its population from time to time by one means or another.....
    [QUOTE=Maurice Swan;5116800]Self interest...and btw I don't see a programme called "The Death Of Planet Earth "

EXTINCTION, THE FACTS

have a watch of that

Self interest...and btw I don't see a programme called "The Death Of Planet Earth " ....only "Planet Earth".
    You don't think the over-population argument is not about self-interest? The problem is over-consumption and mismanaged land use and the remedies require a great many people to change habits, and they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    apparently its the west and China most at fault , converting lands into cattle ranches and the deforestation associated with that .

I thought it was overpopulation but apparently it isn't

Available on i player , must watch TV
    But isnt changing land use, with increased deforestation and intensive farming only done to meet increasing demand due to the rapidly increasing population.
    World population doubled to 6 billion in 40 years up to the year 2000 - it's now at 7.8. Theyve all got to be fed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    But isnt changing land use, with increased deforestation and intensive farming only done to meet increasing demand due to the rapidly increasing population.
    World population doubled to 6 billion in 40 years up to the year 2000 - it's now at 7.8. Theyve all got to be fed.
    most of the change from growing vegetables and grains and giving that land over to cattle for meat consumption has been for America, Europe and China

Overpopulation is not the prime reason according to the experts in the programme last night, which is available on i player

Will have to watch this tonight, thanks Sludge

Absolutely......global warming 9aka now climate change) is the biggest con in history. There IS no global warming since records. There are LESS natural disasters than previous years. How can they say 1 in 8 species facing extinction when they don't even know how many species there are. DO you realise how they gauge that??

Fewer, Maurice, fewer

The planet is not fine.

Sure 'it has ALWAYS changed over the millennia' but now it is changing very quickly for the worse over decades!

This is why reading messageboards on serious subjects is a waste of time. This is completely wrong and someone with obviously no knowledge of a subject talking like an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    most of the change from growing vegetables and grains and giving that land over to cattle for meat consumption has been for America, Europe and China

Overpopulation is not the prime reason according to the experts in the programme last night, which is available on i player
    So it's my fault for going into a supermarket according to those experts and buying chicken fed on soya.

Jeepers...some time I shake my head at the closed minds of SOME of the contributors here. It smacks to me of Valleys mentality. Like if you put a red rosette on a donkey they would still vote Labour. Get out into the REAL world ( like some of us have done) and LOOK at the arguments from a neutral point of view.

Jeepers...some time I shake my head at the closed minds of SOME of the contributors here. It smacks to me of Valleys mentality. Like if you put a red rosette on a donkey they would still vote Labour. Get out into the REAL world ( like some of us have done) and LOOK at the arguments from a neutral point of view.
    you clearly haven't done that. you don't have a very good grasp on climate science, you just latch onto articles that for with your preconceived views

Hi mate my job relates to climate science what you’ve posted in this thread is all wrong and there is a lot of evidence to disprove it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    So it's my fault for going into a supermarket according to those experts and buying chicken fed on soya.
    part of the problem

And food waste in the west is 40 percent

Wanting salad all year round from tescos ? Guilty again

Jeepers indeed! Done that REAL world and neutral point of view stuff. You're wrong. Totally wrong.

Not EVEN the random use of upper case words is going to change THAT.

and stick a blue rosette on a donkey in Surrey or Sussex and they vote tory

What have you done in the real world that is an alternative view of the highly esteemed opinions of the earth scientists on that programme ?

Imagine thinking climate change was a partisan issue, it’s embarrassing.

Almost as embarrassing as thinking moving to another country is an achievement to lord over people who live where they were born.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Imagine thinking climate change was a partisan issue, it’s embarrassing.

Almost as embarrassing as thinking moving to another country is an achievement to lord over people who live where they were born.
    Who said it is a partisan issue?.....for every argument in favour there are several against. As for moving to a different country...yes I am glad to get out of the filthy Rhondda Valley - and the more I read of what goes on in the UK the happier I feel. The UK is getting like a police state - whichever party is in power.

Who said it is a partisan issue?.....for every argument in favour there are several against. As for moving to a different country...yes I am glad to get out of the filthy Rhondda Valley - and the more I read of what goes on in the UK the happier I feel. The UK is getting like a police state - whichever party is in power.
    Yeah but moving country isn’t an achievement to lord over people.

And if it isn’t a partisan issue why are you bringing up voting for labour?

There isn’t several arguments against this there is hard evidence. I genuinely work and have studied climate change, if you have any questions I’m happy to answer them because everything you posted as “evidence” earlier is wrong.

Also police state don’t you live in ****ing France