Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
I said there some similarities to a younger Gerrard. Box to box, High energy, gets about the pitch, covers a lot of ground. I certainly didn’t compare him to the finished article Gerrard. Gerrard added more goals to his game as he got older. Gerrard was a better passer than Rice but they were not attributes I attributed to Rice when Tuerto asked what type of player he was. On reflection Scott Parker may have been a better fit for comparison. However, as I said in the thread, he doesn’t need to be the next anybody he just needs to be Declan Rice.

Rice is only 21 and has clocked up 100 PL appearances. I do think he will develop into a top player in a better side. He is also carrying the West Ham midfield at a young age (Like Gerrard was at Liverpool) and you think of him as a man not a youngster. He’s same age as Mason Mount but he gets referred to as a kid.
WB up to his usual then.

I don't remember Gerrard as a youngster tbh only what he developed into, and like you say Rice isn't that type of player, but I cant comment on what Gerrard used to be as I ain't got a clue 😂