+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Monday Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Amapadu

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He's referring to Rice, I think. JR was giving him a schooling in another thread by the looks of it so he's doing his usual thing of becoming hyperbolic due to being made to look like an idiot.

As for Gluey - how many PL games has Ampadu started compared to Rice? How many league games in general?

I've got nothing against Rice and nothing 'for' him either... but it's obvious that your opinion of Ampadu isn't matched by any of the managers he's played under, otherwise he'd be starting every game for a top 6 side.

I hope he breaks into the Sheff Utd team in the next few weeks as he can't afford another season on the bench.
    I see, thread was about Ampadu so forgive me for thinking he might have been referring to him.

I wouldn't really compare Rice to Gerrard either, for what it's worth.
    What thread? I've not seen a good old fashioned keyboard dished out for a while...

Re: Amapadu

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I see, thread was about Ampadu so forgive me for thinking he might have been referring to him.

I wouldn't really compare Rice to Gerrard either, for what it's worth.
    What thread? I've not seen a good old fashioned keyboard dished out for a while...
    I said there some similarities to a younger Gerrard. Box to box, High energy, gets about the pitch, covers a lot of ground. I certainly didn’t compare him to the finished article Gerrard. Gerrard added more goals to his game as he got older. Gerrard was a better passer than Rice but they were not attributes I attributed to Rice when Tuerto asked what type of player he was. On reflection Scott Parker may have been a better fit for comparison. However, as I said in the thread, he doesn’t need to be the next anybody he just needs to be Declan Rice.

Rice is only 21 and has clocked up 100 PL appearances. I do think he will develop into a top player in a better side. He is also carrying the West Ham midfield at a young age (Like Gerrard was at Liverpool) and you think of him as a man not a youngster. He’s same age as Mason Mount but he gets referred to as a kid.