+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday Football

Heisenberg

Amapadu

On the bench for Sheffield Utd against Wolves.

Absolute basket case of a club, no doubt...

(I meant Amoapadu )

Re: Amapadu

He's no Declan Rice is he, but we all know the next Steven Gerrard doesn't come along too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's no Declan Rice is he, but we all know the next Steven Gerrard doesn't come along too often.
    What's Gerrard about Ampadu?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I give up, what's Gerrard about Ampadu?

Heisenberg

He's referring to Rice, I think. JR was giving him a schooling in another thread by the looks of it so he's doing his usual thing of becoming hyperbolic due to being made to look like an idiot.

As for Gluey - how many PL games has Ampadu started compared to Rice? How many league games in general?

I've got nothing against Rice and nothing 'for' him either... but it's obvious that your opinion of Ampadu isn't matched by any of the managers he's played under, otherwise he'd be starting every game for a top 6 side.

I hope he breaks into the Sheff Utd team in the next few weeks as he can't afford another season on the bench.

Monday Football

Really looking forward to seeing the new look Chelsea team against Brighton, and Wolves will be hoping to continue their good form from last season in the early game against Sheffied United.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He's referring to Rice, I think. JR was giving him a schooling in another thread by the looks of it so he's doing his usual thing of becoming hyperbolic due to being made to look like an idiot.

As for Gluey - how many PL games has Ampadu started compared to Rice? How many league games in general?

I've got nothing against Rice and nothing 'for' him either... but it's obvious that your opinion of Ampadu isn't matched by any of the managers he's played under, otherwise he'd be starting every game for a top 6 side.

I hope he breaks into the Sheff Utd team in the next few weeks as he can't afford another season on the bench.
    I see, thread was about Ampadu so forgive me for thinking he might have been referring to him.

I wouldn't really compare Rice to Gerrard either, for what it's worth.
    What thread? I've not seen a good old fashioned keyboard dished out for a while...

Re: Monday Football

That is a terrible goal to concede defensively.

Sheffield United are going to get hammered here.

Sheffield Utd v Wolves

Flying start from Wolves.

2 nil up after 6 mins.

21 mins played now still 0 - 2

Re: Sheffield Utd v Wolves

jiminez is quality. always makes space for himself even in the box

Re: Sheffield Utd v Wolves

Away sides seem to have an advantage for some reason, think PL on Saturday/Sunday away sides had more than the upper hand.

What's Wilder playing at? With Wolves playing like Brazil, this game was made for the Welsh Beckenbauer.

What's Wilder playing at? With Wolves playing like Brazil, this game was made for the Welsh Beckenbauer.
    Beckenbauer? 'Kin'ell.....

Push pineapple, shake the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Push pineapple, shake the tree.
    Shocking.

presuming he's been signed as cover for the CB positions, he's probably going to have to learn their system a bit more before they're going to use him

QUOTE=Tuerto;5116940]Shocking.[/QUOTE]

Im going for it full pelt next time we’re allowed in to watch Wales

QUOTE=Tuerto;5116940]Shocking.
    Im going for it full pelt next time we’re allowed in to watch Wales[/QUOTE]

You'll get lynched

QUOTE=Tuerto;5116940]Shocking.
    Im going for it full pelt next time we’re allowed in to watch Wales[/QUOTE]

I see, thread was about Ampadu so forgive me for thinking he might have been referring to him.

I wouldn't really compare Rice to Gerrard either, for what it's worth.
    What thread? I've not seen a good old fashioned keyboard dished out for a while...
    I said there some similarities to a younger Gerrard. Box to box, High energy, gets about the pitch, covers a lot of ground. I certainly didn’t compare him to the finished article Gerrard. Gerrard added more goals to his game as he got older. Gerrard was a better passer than Rice but they were not attributes I attributed to Rice when Tuerto asked what type of player he was. On reflection Scott Parker may have been a better fit for comparison. However, as I said in the thread, he doesn’t need to be the next anybody he just needs to be Declan Rice.

Rice is only 21 and has clocked up 100 PL appearances. I do think he will develop into a top player in a better side. He is also carrying the West Ham midfield at a young age (Like Gerrard was at Liverpool) and you think of him as a man not a youngster. He’s same age as Mason Mount but he gets referred to as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I said there some similarities to a younger Gerrard. Box to box, High energy, gets about the pitch, covers a lot of ground. I certainly didn’t compare him to the finished article Gerrard. Gerrard added more goals to his game as he got older. Gerrard was a better passer than Rice but they were not attributes I attributed to Rice when Tuerto asked what type of player he was. On reflection Scott Parker may have been a better fit for comparison. However, as I said in the thread, he doesn’t need to be the next anybody he just needs to be Declan Rice.

Rice is only 21 and has clocked up 100 PL appearances. I do think he will develop into a top player in a better side. He is also carrying the West Ham midfield at a young age (Like Gerrard was at Liverpool) and you think of him as a man not a youngster. He’s same age as Mason Mount but he gets referred to as a kid.
    WB up to his usual then.

I don't remember Gerrard as a youngster tbh only what he developed into, and like you say Rice isn't that type of player, but I cant comment on what Gerrard used to be as I ain't got a clue 😂

Lampard has got some work to do with his new team of superstars.

WB up to his usual then.

I don't remember Gerrard as a youngster tbh only what he developed into, and like you say Rice isn't that type of player, but I cant comment on what Gerrard used to be as I ain't got a clue 
    Heisenberg started it off with his joke thread!