+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Teams That Rely On Crowds

Teams That Rely On Crowds

You do wonder with some clubs going up in the new world of empty stadiums how it will effect their survival chances in the bigger leagues , does that intensity of home fans support really become the 12th man at clubs like Sheff Utd ?

Re: Teams That Rely On Crowds

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You do wonder with some clubs going up in the new world of empty stadiums how it will effect their survival chances in the bigger leagues , does that intensity of home fans support really become the 12th man at clubs like Sheff Utd ?
    Good point, I think it'll make a big difference. Football without fans really is nothing, I cancelled Sky Sports yesterday as I just can't get into football without fans.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Good point, I think it'll make a big difference. Football without fans really is nothing, I cancelled Sky Sports yesterday as I just can't get into football without fans.
    Out of interest what is it you can't get into? it's still exactly the same sport, I totally agree it's weird watching without fans but I don't understand people who completely switch off it just because there aren't a bunch of people they've never met in the stands of the game they're watching. I much prefer watching with the crowd noise on though, I find the silence a bit too weird but for me the crowd noise makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Out of interest what is it you can't get into? it's still exactly the same sport, I totally agree it's weird watching without fans but I don't understand people who completely switch off it just because there aren't a bunch of people they've never met in the stands of the game they're watching. I much prefer watching with the crowd noise on though, I find the silence a bit too weird but for me the crowd noise makes a big difference.
    Just seem like pre season friendlies to me. The edge of the fan rivalry, atmosphere just takes a massive part of the experience away for me.

I watch tv games on mute, can't be arsed with the commentary and i find that i take much more of the game in.

A vociferous home crowd will often get a home team over the line

The noise inside ninian park the day we held on against dirty Leeds with just nine men and that idiot clattenburg as ref was staggering , we definitely helped the team get the result

Football is a bit of a joke at the moment , the premier league should pump money around the leagues to help everyone out at this time

But it won't, as its based on money and greed

It wasnt always like that

Just seem like pre season friendlies to me. The edge of the fan rivalry, atmosphere just takes a massive part of the experience away for me.
    pre season friendlies indeed

Nothing beats a live game of football , at the ground or on the telly if you can't make it

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Nothing beats a live game of football , at the ground or on the telly if you can't make it
    that's the point though, it's still a game of live football

I've gone the other way on this. I was adamant that I wasn't going to watch a game due to no crowds and no atmosphere.

I've watched more football on the tv than i did before. I'm enjoying it too and ended up subbing Sky and BT Sport.

I'm such a hypocrite.

that's the point though, it's still a game of live football
    With no noise , passion or atmosphere

Its like watching the team train

Not my thing

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I've gone the other way on this. I was adamant that I wasn't going to watch a game due to no crowds and no atmosphere.

I've watched more football on the tv than i did before. I'm enjoying it too and ended up subbing Sky and BT Sport.

I'm such a hypocrite.
    Haha fair enough mate. ✌️

Agreed mate. Can't even bring myself to watch City to be honest

A vociferous home crowd will often get a home team over the line

The noise inside ninian park the day we held on against dirty Leeds with just nine men and that idiot clattenburg as ref was staggering , we definitely helped the team get the result

Football is a bit of a joke at the moment , the premier league should pump money around the leagues to help everyone out at this time

But it won't, as its based on money and greed

It wasn't always like that
    Ahem to this ""the premier league should pump money around the leagues to help everyone out at this time" you'd think they would take a breath and think how did we get to this point of running such a successful money making machine .

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

I'm such a hypocrite.
    but honest

It might change when spectators are allowed to go into the grounds again? Having no crowds at the stadiums hasn't moithered me as much as I thought, although principally I was very much against it.

I cant say I'm not concerned though that any continuing Covid19 measures and restrictions won't kill off a number of football clubs of all levels. I think that is now inevitable.

Only just seen this thread which is effectively another version of mine.

It’s not just that teams perform, crowds affect decisions of the team and the referee.

Will be hard for some

It has made no difference to my enjoyment of watching a game on TV. I could do without the fake crowd noise though. I prefer hearing the players and coaches.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I was fortunate to watch/ be at the game against Aston Villa n 2017 season when we won 3-0.

The crowd got onto Grealish early and kept at him until he failed to contribute anything to the game.

I genuinely believe that the crowd played a key role in us winning that game so convincingly

If the game was replayed without a crowd the result may well have not gone our way
    Last edited by light up the darkness; 15-09-20 at 07:18. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I was fortunate to watch/ be at the game against Aston Villa n 2017 season when we won 3-0.

The crowd got onto Grealish early and kept at him until he failed to contribute anything to the game.

I genuinely believe that the crowd played a key role in us winning that game so convincingly

If the game was replayed without a crowd the result may well have not gone our way
    I think you're building up the fans role a bit here, Grealish is one of those players that gets dogs abuse every week, I bet it's water off a ducks back. Some guy went on the pitch and punched him a couple of seasons ago and he still scored the winner

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Stars in my eyes nqat