+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogs

Dogs

Been looking at getting a dog as there’s potential that may be home working for sometime to come.

However looking now prices have gone up between 150-800% since a year ago

Anyone bought one since lockdown began?

Re: Dogs

Why not get one from a sanctuary? There are thousands of lovely dogs desperate for a home and you’d save yourself a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Why not get one from a sanctuary? There are thousands of lovely dogs desperate for a home and you’d save yourself a fortune.
    It’s what we’re looking at now, surprising how many there are out there

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It’s what we’re looking at now, surprising how many there are out there
    I bought once. Then I went to the pound.

I don't necessarily feel better about myself going to the pound as the problem with pounds aren't those of us that choose not to adopt, it's those of us who abandon animals.

However, if you are a dog lover and pay a visit to a place like that , you'll find it impossible not to walk away with one of them. It's a crap life compared to what they could be having with you.

Be careful if you go the the dogs home, some of those ****ers are crazy, probably been messed up by their previous owner, You'll think everything is fine until the sound of a police siren freaks them out and they start mauling your face off. There's a reason why they're on death row.

get a stray , every time

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Be careful if you go the the dogs home, some of those ****ers are crazy, probably been messed up by their previous owner, You'll think everything is fine until the sound of a police siren freaks them out and they start mauling your face off. There's a reason why they're on death row.

I hate dogs. Smelly fecking things so a stray sounds like the ultimate nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

I hate dogs. Smelly fecking things so a stray sounds like the ultimate nightmare.
    As you can tell, i was joking I actually like dogs, got one myself, no discipline, pisses and shits where he wants, thinks he owns the house and tries to hump my missus when she's doing her ****ing yoga-the dog is a bit like me.

As you can tell, i was joking I actually like dogs, got one myself, no discipline, pisses and shits where he wants, thinks he owns the house and tries to hump my missus when she's doing her ****ing yoga-the dog is a bit like me.
    Moany cnut is he?

My God Tuerto, you’re having a go at me for my Agadoo/Ampadu song and you and your dog are pissing and shitting where you want, have a quiet word with yourself man

Thinking of getting a French bulldog myself. Kids are nagging for a dog. I’ve never had pets I can’t stand cats, not too fussed on dogs but my brother in law has a french bulldog and he’s quite low maintenance and doesn’t make too much noise.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thinking of getting a French bulldog myself. Kids are nagging for a dog. I’ve never had pets I can’t stand cats, not too fussed on dogs but my brother in law has a french bulldog and he’s quite low maintenance and doesn’t make too much noise.
    The dog or your brother?

They say dogs look like their owners.

French bulldog you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    They say dogs look like their owners.

French bulldog you say.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    The dog or your brother?
    I havent got a brother

Would that be Monsieur Jacques Renard Hartley?

Moany cnut is he?
    He's quite affable, a happy chap, not like me, i've got zero tolerance at times

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    My God Tuerto, you’re having a go at me for my Agadoo/Ampadu song and you and your dog are pissing and shitting where you want, have a quiet word with yourself man
    Me and my dog 'We do what we want'

They make a hell of a racket just breathing!

Hope rescue are great.

Nearly got a dog from Penarth road rescue until my circumstances changed as well and they seemed really helpful too. Think it's around £200

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    They make a hell of a racket just breathing!
    My daughters doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Good luck with that, I got my dogs from the sanctuary for twenty years, but never again after the last time when they wanted me to jump through all sorts of unnecessary hoops - I understand the need for a degree of checking, but it was ridiculous.

We got 2, they are great, but snore like hell when sleeping, sounds like something out of the exorcist 😂

Some years ago, my mate in St Mekllonms got a dog from Penarth - put a cloor with adress and phone on it, couple of days later got an irate phone call from the previous owner - turned out the dog used to live a couple of streets away, and it found its way back.