+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Worst year to go up?

Worst year to go up?

Watching first week of PL it’s clear that there’s no home advantage.

None of the ‘weaker’ teams have looked at all like they won’t be a relegation scrap, baring Leeds (They will fade)

I think the gaps between top half and bottom will be bigger than ever

Re: Worst year to go up?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

None of the ‘weaker’ teams have looked at all like they won’t be a relegation scrap, baring Leeds (They will fade)

Probably be a new killer fungi doing the rounds by the time we are next promoted.

Leeds are decent. If by “fading” you mean they’ll finish top ten, the ye, maybe. Signs are though that they’ll have a decent season.

Fulham and WBA look like they aren’t going to push the boat out, probably with one eye on the financial implications of the pandemic.

Villa or West Ham will join them.

That's a big takeaway from 16 teams playing one game each.

Way too early to tell. I think Leeds may struggle though, who have they bought that suddenly turns them into a Premier League top half team? They lost to us only a few months ago.

I do think all three teams that went up may well come straight back down.

On the other hand, all bar two of the promoted teams look good.

IMG_20200915_081748.jpg

this graphic tried to judge how strong promoted championship sides would be in the premier League (I think without taking into account summer signings).

it suggests Fulham may struggle, and Leeds and west brom could be ok.

“Way too early to tell. I think Leeds may struggle though, who have they bought that suddenly turns them into a Premier League top half team? They lost to us only a few months ago”

This seconded Going toe to toe with Liverpool was admirable, but Liverpool looked like a side thinking “We’re the Champions, look at us passing it about” . I’m not saying Weeds will get relegated, as there are 3 worse teams than them. But it’ll be close, with no nutters to support them at home.

Apparently historically 30 out of the 68 clubs promoted to the Premier League have been relegated after only one season! So the odds have been slightly in favour of staying up! But because of the money, it is now definitely harder to stay up! Only Wolves and Crystal Palace stayed up in our two promotion seasons and I expect that only Leeds will survive this year?

would have been the best to be honest what with the financial instability currently, at least you´d get paid. Who knows what´s going to happen in the championship with no income from fans. Massive dark clouds over loads of clubs and because we have an absolute shite youth policy we can´t rely on that for players.

I think there's certainly a disadvantage for home teams with no fans in the stadium, but they're still playing in familiar surroundings and don't have to travel. There has to be at least some level of comfort playing at "home".

This season is a right off....not sure if it will get better but I’ve no interest at all. Leeds could well get relegated with fans not even seeing them live at bellend rd....another 16 yrs may it be Lad.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    This season is a right off....not sure if it will get better but I’ve no interest at all. Leeds could well get relegated with fans not even seeing them live at bellend rd....another 16 yrs may it be Lad.....
    * write off

I find it strange as to why Leeds are so fancied more so than WBA when there was little between them last year.

If you can't raise your game playing the champion in the season opener then when can you. Teams get into a habit of losing and it make every game a real struggle. I think although we were relegated when we went last up there was a unity there that stopped us feeling sorry for ourselves.

I think Leeds might be OK but if all 3 went back down wouldn't be suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I find it strange as to why Leeds are so fancied more so than WBA when there was little between them last year.

If you can't raise your game playing the champion in the season opener then when can you. Teams get into a habit of losing and it make every game a real struggle. I think although we were relegated when we went last up there was a unity there that stopped us feeling sorry for ourselves.

I think Leeds might be OK but if all 3 went back down wouldn't be suprised.
    They were 10 points clear of West Brom, had a way better goal difference. In terms of xG Leeds underperformed and west brom overperformed, so the gap could easily have been larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    * write off
    You've just writ it right lol

I think Leeds will survive by a distance and probably re-establish themselves as a Premier outfit. I also fancy Villa to do better than last season. Fulham, WBA, West Ham could have a difficult season ahead.