+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brexit - Internal Market Bill - Boris incompetent and lying (again)...

Re: Brexit - Internal Market Bill - Boris incompetent and lying (again)...

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not sure if anyone has been into negotiation, it does get a bit like this, where both sides throw extremes across the table as a last measure to get it done too sound and appear tough, Boris and Cummings know that, as they did the same with their Brexit bus headlines, and the proroguing of Parliament .
    If anyone did that in negotiation with me, they'd come across as desperate and unprofessional, not tough.

Heisenberg

Not sure if anyone has been into negotiation, it does get a bit like this, where both sides throw extremes across the table as a last measure to get it done too sound and appear tough, Boris and Cummings know that, as they did the same with their Brexit bus headlines, and the proroguing of Parliament .
    Is this more of the 'Art of the Deal' type-shit which Trump espouses that has now become what the alt-right see as 'tough negotiations'? Basically demand everything without compromise and then moan and point the finger of blame if the other party doesn't agree.

That's how my 4 year old 'negotiates' with me when it's bedtime... Not really how governments are supposed to act.

I've attended numerous meetings with foreign government officials (and prepared briefing documents for those meetings) and not one of them could be typified by your characterisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I've attended numerous meetings with foreign government officials (and prepared briefing documents for those meetings) and not one of them could be typified by your characterisation.
    He's living on Fantasy Island again. Mind you it's not his fault: when you've been force-fed all the Brexit Bullshite you have no choice but to acquiesce.

I have quite a bit but it sounds nothing like your experience. What were you trying to achieve, what did you threaten the other party with and what was the outcome?

Why would someone throw something extreme in at the last minute to get it done? It makes no sense.

So, a little thread on the challenges we face in #Brexit Round 9 and Boris’ backfiring IM Bill. Despite (or perhaps, because of) the collapse in trust due to the IM Bill, a deal between the EU and UK can still be done.....

So, it’s in BJ’s interest to wait till after a deal emerges before adapting the IM Bill, so he can claim “My threat to violate international law has forced the EU to give me my FTA.”(p.s. any legal procedures over the IM Bill will stretch beyond 31/12/2020.)

So a positive reading of current developments is that this is all about creating a smoke screen for the Ultras at home. Showing them, BJ means business. While actually preparing the ground for concessions.

With the negotiating teams navigating their way thru the tunnel, it won’t be immediately clear what U-turns BJ has made, giving BJ time to massage the Ultras in his party. No surprise that some in the ERG are worried.

There are other reasons to be pessimistic. BJ may not make a U-turn, not because he doesn’t want to, but because he can’t.

Given this, politically, for BJ the easy route might be No Deal. Especially if BJ thinks a No Deal can be kept short. (After all, we all know ‘No Deal’ won’t be the end of EU-UK talks, right? The uncertainty is over how long the No Deal intermezzo will be.)

He might bet wrong (and Cummings might be right), and the pain and disruption of No Deal is less than expected, and he’ll be all the happier for it. Hoorah! But of course, if No Deal is long and painful, he’ll pay a political price.

https://twitter.com/remkorteweg/stat...92653410484226
    A thread of 22 posts but have selected a few which suggests Boris is playing a game and so is everyone else involved within the UK, and presumably to equal or lesser extent in Brussels. Leaked reports of conversation between Trump and May has May saying Brexit is Conservative party politics, think it's reported as being 5% of UK who had relationship with EU as priority matter before David Cameron introduced Brexit to our lives to manage his backbenchers...

This is why the UK could end up breaking international law, setting up a "border" stopping people travelling into Kent and so many jobs have been lost already. It's all a game about what the Conservative party looks like for the next decade(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We all have different experiences and its good and positiveness you have been so peaceful , I don't doubt your views mine have been of a different nature . European negotiators particularity around trade has had is many brinkmanship moments , walk out rants etc .

If we did live in the characterizations you describe the world would not need third party adjudication wed all live so peaceful with everything resolved with regards to many conflicts in the world .

The Cuban Missile Crisis brinkmanship was a classic moment In history ( I know its not the same as Brexit ) however its an example of my brinkmanship point and yes to does exists between opposing parties ,table thumping ,walk outs ,third party resolutions, now and throughout history , across many aspects of society ,we have had major trade union disputes , border conflicts , through to moments like the old North Atlantic Cod Wars and Trade Wars across the globe