+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would Camarasa be a good signing for the Tomlinson position?

Re: Would Camarasa be a good signing for the Tomlinson position?

Camarasa playing 46 more physical games? I think he'd be a bust. As skilled as he was, wasn't always up for the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Camarasa playing 46 more physical games? I think he'd be a bust. As skilled as he was, wasn't always up for the fight.
    Onky 45 left so he's got a chance

Camarasa's body couldn't face up to the rigours of a full-Championship season. It was a common sight to see him walking off gingerly before the game had finished.

Strange, I don't remember reading criticism of Camarasa not being up for the fight while he was here.

I'd like to see a player with his talent and attacking skills added to our side, but I think those who are uncertain about how well he would cope with a forty six game season probably make a fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Strange, I don't remember reading criticism of Camarasa not being up for the fight while he was here.

I'd like to see a player with his talent and attacking skills added to our side, but I think those who are uncertain about how well he would cope with a forty six game season probably make a fair point.
    Definitely. But I honestly don't want to see anyone bar possibly smithies and maybe morrison/Nelson play full 46, for others that probably will also play the full lot like Bennett I hope he is given plenty of substitutions through the season.. Their performances tend to drop the more some of them play.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

What is with this 46 game a season malarkey? If he’s a fit well paid professional footballer that shouldn’t even apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    What is with this 46 game a season malarkey? If he’s a fit well paid professional footballer that shouldn’t even apply.
    Agreed. I'd also add that the Championship isn't the bruising experience it once was. More and more teams look to develop passing games and there is more onus on players being technically gifted than being able to dish it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed. I'd also add that the Championship isn't the bruising experience it once was. More and more teams look to develop passing games and there is more onus on players being technically gifted than being able to dish it out.
    Less sides than ever are going route one for sure.

I saw an interview with a scout a few seasons ago that said aside from the step in quality, the only real difference between the championship and the premier league was the way the games are refereed - with championship referees letting a lot more stuff go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Less sides than ever are going route one for sure.

I saw an interview with a scout a few seasons ago that said aside from the step in quality, the only real difference between the championship and the premier league was the way the games are refereed - with championship referees letting a lot more stuff go.
    As Prem teams get stronger more and more quality drops down a league, steadily been happening for a while.

Cameras has talent, cares about the club, likes living in the city and is a creative player. If he wasn't injured we'd be absolutely mad to say no to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Cameras has talent, cares about the club, likes living in the city and is a creative player. If he wasn't injured we'd be absolutely mad to say no to him.
    Yes!

Just read an article on Jack Wilshere in The Athletic... if he wanted to prove himself on loan and we wanted to take a punt, it would have potential to be game changing... watch him go to the Jacks or Bristol City now I say that