+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bale to Spurs?

Re: Bale to Spurs?

Bale is moving because of Euro 2021. Players are looking for game time, so that they can play a part in the Euro Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bang on mate. That injury has done him, it's a nasty one as they take an age to recover from, and when you do the muscle doesn't feel the same when you extend yourself. Bale is certainly aware of this, he's much more conservative than he was before and he wont go at it like a 200m runner as his muscle will tear. There are similarities with Michael Owen.
    Yep, any kind of explosive movement and mine goes again, granted I don't have the physio support Bale has and I'm 40 but it's continually in the forefront of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I wonder if Vincent Tan has even thought about how he could bring Bale to Cardiff? do you think it's even entered his head how great that would be? I'm probably doing him (Tan) a dis-service, but do you think he's aware of the connection?
    For the same cost as a Madine too, but more than a glatzel and less than the danish flop. He’s a home boy too. Give it two years

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    For the same cost as a Madine too, but more than a glatzel and less than the danish flop. He’s a home boy too. Give it two years
    * Danish flop who scores a goal every 161 minutes in Serie A

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    * Danish flop who scores a goal every 161 minutes in Serie A
    Does he? He was a definite flop for us though unless you think £8 million and not even good enough to play is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bale is still a very good player. But not the player he was at his best.

But this looks like a move of desparation by Mourinho.

Hes not worth that sort of money.
    I suspect that Jose hasn't had much to do with this deal.

I doubt Bale will play every game , might be a costly exercise, I wonder if Madrid are insisting Bale becomes part of the deal to sign Reguilon ?

I guess if RM pay half his wages it’s possible, surely he would rather play football on 400k ish a week than nothing on 600? Life’s too short and all that......
    He won't lose out on wages. If his wages are 600k (your example) and spurs pay half (300k) he isn't going to get 400k to play he will get 600k (or the wage that is in his contract)

Looks a good bet to happen mind. So fair play.. Be nice to see the lad play week in week out. Good for Wales etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Bale's calf injury is the same problem that I have. The problem is he built his game around blistering pace and explosive power off the mark. This type of calf injury does not lend itself well to this kind of explosive power/change of direction. I've a sad sad feeling that this will be one of the last seasons that we see Bale at the top level. I can't see how he can recover from this injury and the massive amount of time without regular football.
    Different players, but Michael Owen adjusted his game from using raw pace to beat a defender.

He's got the quality to change his game.

It will be good to see him back playing regularly and to see if he can adapt his game

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He won't lose out on wages. If his wages are 600k (your example) and spurs pay half (300k) he isn't going to get 400k to play he will get 600k (or the wage that is in his contract)

Looks a good bet to happen mind. So fair play.. Be nice to see the lad play week in week out. Good for Wales etc.
    Don’t know if spurs can afford 300 a week to match reals 300? Think he’s taken a pay cut just to get the hell out the place, I’m sure he will survive on a paltry 450k a week, just.....

Be great to see what he looks like before the euros with a full season behind him. I'd imagine despite form he would be starting so should have plenty of opportunities to find some, providing he can keep relatively injury free of course.

Just wonder if even 70-80% of the 13-16 player is still there when he is fully fit and confident. Hope so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54192248

"Gareth Bale set for Tottenham loan move: Real Madrid forward to fly in on Friday"

To be honest I thought it was all tabloid guff but looks like its game on.

Bonus it being spurs as well, of the clubs who could somehow afford him they are one of the least offensive and I have no feelings for them either way.

Wonder if they'll give him his old number 3 shirt, or will Sergio Reguilon have it and Bale have some higher squad number?

apparently spurs are paying 40% of his wages

Don’t know if spurs can afford 300 a week to match reals 300? Think he’s taken a pay cut just to get the hell out the place, I’m sure he will survive on a paltry 450k a week, just.....
    But if he is contracted to 600k or whatever it was then wouldn't he get that? Regardless of how real have to structure the deal?