+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crowds at 10 games this weekend

Crowds at 10 games this weekend

Up to 1,000 fans will be allowed to attend 10 different English Football League games this weekend as part of the government's crowd pilots.

The news comes as discussions between the EFL and the government about a return for more supporters from 1 October continue.

No fans have attended an EFL fixture since March because of the coronavirus.

Three Championship games, four League One matches and three in League Two have been chosen for this weekend.

The following games, all taking place on Saturday, have been chosen (all kick-off times 15:00 BST unless stated):

Championship

Luton Town v Derby County
    Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth
    Norwich City v Preston North End
    League One

Blackpool v Swindon Town
    Charlton Athletic v Doncaster Rovers
    Hull City v Crewe Alexandra
    Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town
    League Two

Carlisle United v Southend United (13:00 BST)
    Forest Green Rovers v Bradford City
    Morecambe v Cambridge United

Re: Crowds at 10 games this weekend

This is going to be such a long road

About time you can crowd into a pub or supermarket but can't isolate and spread safely 13k season ticket holders in a 32k stadium.

C,'mon WAG show some strength and leadership with your 2 South Wales clubs and set the pace and safe standards for others to follow

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    About time you can crowd into a pub or supermarket but can't isolate and spread safely 13k season ticket holders in a 32k stadium.

C,'mon WAG show some strength and leadership with your 2 South Wales clubs and set the pace and safe standards for others to follow
    Even if I were inclined to go to a game at the moment, which I'm not, I would be risking a fine if I went to Cardiff and so would people in the Caerphilly area. How on earth can it be contemplated letting people in to watch games again when two large areas nearby with plenty of City fans living in them are, effectively, barred from the stadium for public safety reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Even if I were inclined to go to a game at the moment, which I'm not, I would be risking a fine if I went to Cardiff and so would people in the Caerphilly area. How on earth can it be contemplated letting people in to watch games again when two large areas nearby with plenty of City fans living in them are, effectively, barred from the stadium for public safety reasons?
    Although if you were a steward you’d be allowed in the ground I’d imagine because of the ‘travelling for work’ exemption and you’d be able to have a pint on returning to RCT as I believe pubs are still open

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There are plenty of City fans from areas that are not in lockdown or under special measures, so it would be easy to allocate seats to season ticket holders from these areas and provide a covid safe environment. Your indignation that they should even contemplate this option appears to be based on the fact that you live in one of the restricted areas, which is hardly fair on all the other fans who don't, is it. Sounds more like the attitude that ‘I cant go, so why should anyone else‘.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There are plenty of City fans from areas that are not in lockdown or under special measures, so it would be easy to allocate seats to season ticket holders from these areas and provide a covid safe environment. Your indignation that they should even contemplate this option appears to be based on the fact that you live in one of the restricted areas, which is hardly fair on all the other fans who don't, is it. Sounds more like the attitude that ‘I cant go, so why should anyone else‘.
    Your reasoning may make sense with someone who is desperate to start going to matches again, but the problem is I said I wouldn't be going to matches at the moment even if I could, so it just comes across as idiotic. What I meant is that I don't see how anyone could contemplate reopening Cardiff City Stadium with two council districts within ten miles of the city being shut off from the rest of the country because of high virus rates. Finally, it's dead easy to type the words "covid safe environment", another thing completely to provide one.