Get Paterson back in Saturday.

Forest are gutless feckers

Get the nutter back in to mess them up

Big Kief
    Hoilett Tomlin Paterson
    Ralls Vaulks
    Bennett Morrison Nelson Bacuna
    Smithies

If Tomlin isn't fit (when is he?) put Paterson behind Big Kief and put Sang on the right

leave the lightweight 2 we've just signed on the right for the bench

Re: Get Paterson back in Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Big Kief
    Hoilett Tomlin Paterson
    Ralls Vaulks
    Smithies

If Tomlin isn't fit (when is he?) put Paterson behind Big Kief and put Sang on the right

I reckon Paterson won't start for us in the league this season and will be gone next summer.

To be fair he can do a job, and runs around lot. No one can fault his commitment and let's be fair he was top scorer the year we went up after only playing two thirds of the season and scored goals in the PL (only one short of being top scorer too). I think he can do a job on the wide right, he's not a winger obviously but can get up and down and would cover the full back behind him. Strange too that we are desperately short of a right back and we have to rely on Osei-Tutu, who has played one League game, and Bacuna to fill the slot when Paterson was signed as a rb and plays there for Scotland.

Plan A

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    To be fair he can do a job, and runs around lot. No one can fault his commitment and let's be fair he was top scorer the year we went up after only playing two thirds of the season and scored goals in the PL (only one short of being top scorer too). I think he can do a job on the wide right, he's not a winger obviously but can get up and down and would cover the full back behind him. Strange too that we are desperately short of a right back and we have to rely on Osei-Tutu, who has played one League game, and Bacuna to fill the slot when Paterson was signed as a rb and plays there for Scotland.
    It is ironic that we have an International right back and we never play him there. Mind you, it wasn’t very helpful that Colin announced very publicly that he wouldn’t pick him there because he couldn’t defend. Great confidence builder that.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    It is ironic that we have an International right back and we never play him there. Mind you, it wasn’t very helpful that Colin announced very publicly that he wouldn’t pick him there because he couldn’t defend. Great confidence builder that.
    He can't defend. He isn't a right back. He's definitely got qualities but knowing where to be defensively and one on one defending aren't some of them. I don't think anyone will take him on as his skill set is a bit niche.

He knows how to stick a chance away, chases down everything, and always makes a real nuisance of himself. But is he really essential? I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He can't defend. He isn't a right back. He's definitely got qualities but knowing where to be defensively and one on one defending aren't some of them. I don't think anyone will take him on as his skill set is a bit niche.
    Exactly, as I said that is the irony. He has played RB for Hearts and Scotland but is not good enough for us. No need for Colin to say so though. Shows how poor Scotland must have been in that position. Your description of his skill set is very appropriate. Other than commitment I would struggle to define it in relation to him.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    The last couple of times ive seen Paterson play for Scotland he was playing as a striker.

pato.jpg

Here's where he's played in his career - still played at right back more than anywhere else.

Never played at centre back, perhaps we should give him a go there

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The last couple of times ive seen Paterson play for Scotland he was playing as a striker.
    That’s because he hasn’t played right back since leaving Hearts! Warnock finished him as a right back saying he can’t defend despite playing their for years! I would have thought Harris would have given him a try at right back but perhaps he thinks the same as Warnock? Bacona also played at right back for Villa in the Premier League so if we don’t get another right back surely we should put one of them there?

Big Kief
    Hoilett Tomlin Paterson
    Ralls Vaulks
    Smithies

Writing them off after one game and picking the player who was responsible for Wednesday's first ahead of one of them? Genius.

I would lump the ball up to Paterson all season , he takes people out of the game

Get stuck in

Paterson on the wing

How anyone can think get stuck in football is going to be successful in this day and age is a mystery. Paterson has no place starting unless we have an injury crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Exactly, as I said that is the irony. He has played RB for Hearts and Scotland but is not good enough for us. No need for Colin to say so though. Shows how poor Scotland must have been in that position. Your description of his skill set is very appropriate. Other than commitment I would struggle to define it in relation to him.
    On man management, I'm going to side with Warnock on this one. He got the best out of him, he scored a lot of goals for us and if he's going to play at Champ level or above, it'll be further forward. Let's be honest, he's rubbish at football but he's got heart and physicality and had/has a knack of arriving in the box at the right time.

I hear he can be a bit lively when not selected I think he will move on , I do admire his commitment to the game and flexibility in where he plays, decent squad player at this level due to his ability to cover a number of positions and wind up the opposition when needed .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I reckon Paterson won't start for us in the league this season and will be gone next summer.
    Heart emoji x infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    pato.jpg

Here's where he's played in his career - still played at right back more than anywhere else.

Never played at centre back, perhaps we should give him a go there
    no right wingback listed, i know he has played their a few times and the obvious position for him.

big difference between a right back and a right wing back

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Paterson on the wing

How anyone can think get stuck in football is going to be successful in this day and age is a mystery. Paterson has no place starting unless we have an injury crisis
    yeah what does he do apart from put himself about , lay off to team mates and score goals

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    On man management, I'm going to side with Warnock on this one. He got the best out of him, he scored a lot of goals for us and if he's going to play at Champ level or above, it'll be further forward. Let's be honest, he's rubbish at football but he's got heart and physicality and had/has a knack of arriving in the box at the right time.
    he scores goals

He roughs up teams

Hes on the pitch

Having played and scored in the EPL, I think he'll probably have to drop down a division to get a permanent move. Strange player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    That’s because he hasn’t played right back since leaving Hearts! Warnock finished him as a right back saying he can’t defend despite playing their for years! I would have thought Harris would have given him a try at right back but perhaps he thinks the same as Warnock? Bacona also played at right back for Villa in the Premier League so if we don’t get another right back surely we should put one of them there?

I think he started three games at full back for, maybe two. But as stated above Warnock's comments at the time didn't help. If he did get games at rb he wouldn't be short of commitment and would probably be better at defending and more physical than Osei-Tutu and Bacuna.

Big Kief
    Hoilett Tomlin Paterson
    Ralls Vaulks
    Smithies

When was the last time that Paterson "messed up" an opposing team?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    he scores goals

He roughs up teams

Hes on the pitch
    Football from the 70s. I think we should be aiming better than that.

Paterson was very effective the year we went up. I’m really not sure about Ojo, you can’t base it on one performance but the reviews from his time at Fulham and Rangers are not encouraging!