+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dreadful , Talentless , Useless Bands

Re: Dreadful , Talentless , Useless Bands

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You think metal is an awful genre ?

I like a lot of metal like sabbath , machine head etc

I like a lot of heavy indie like throwing muses , pixies

I like a lot of alternative rock like melvins , shellac , big black , jesus lizard

I like a lot of American punk and hard-core like minor threat , fugazi

I like a lot of disco and funk like chic , pointer sisters , Donna summer

I like a lot of hip hop metal like cypress hill when they worked with biohazard , anthrax when they worked with public enemy , bringing working class white and black music together , urban dance squad

Every musical genre has its good stuff

Even some garage I can listen to

Not a big fan of jazz or classical though

I put duran duran as a pop band and I thought they were crap but I dont think pop is all crap as a genre

Hope that explains it
    I like (some) metal. I'm referring specifically to Rap Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Hip hop metal, what a dreadful combination

I had to endure Slayer's Reign In Blood during 1987 on countless occasions at a house I shared with mates. The best thing I can say about the album is that it is mercifully short

Septic-rulers albums chaos ad and roots might have had noble intentions about the destruction of the Brazilian tribes in their home country. but they sounded awful to me. Just plain awful.
    Reign In Blood was slayers last speed or thrash album

I am not into wanky speed metal

Despite this it contained the classic riffs of raining blood and the horrific lyrics of angel of death about nazi death camp experiments on the Jews, disabled and mentally ill by Dr mengele and his evil henchmen .......a lot of metal bands have very deep , anti racist , anti right wing lyrics

Roots has songs on it by Brazilian drummers from threatened tribes in the rainforest , amazing dark sounds , primative , backed by simple slow riffing

Can't see duran duran writing songs about nazi war criminals or heading into the disappearing amazon rainforest to meet tribes that have never seen people before , befriending them and recording their never before heard music and bringing them out of their vanishing habitat to record music with white people from a big place , leading to local campaigns to save the native indians

And they say heavy metal is all about tits , shagging , screaming and satan

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...obile&ie=UTF-8

Sabbath war pigs , greatest anti war song ever made