+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dreadful , Talentless , Useless Bands

Re: Dreadful , Talentless , Useless Bands

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Virtually every thrash metal I have ever had the misfortune to hear. Vocalists that can't sing, but grunt, shriek and howl. Guitarists that yes, are talented, but widdley widdley wank wank up and down the fretboard....zzzzzzz....
    Playing scales for half an hour with someone screaming over the top

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Absolutely staggering live band

If you like that industrial sound check out , if you ain't already , Godflesh , Ministry , Nine Inch Nails , Fear Factory

Although live Rammstien , along with Tool and Sabbath are unbeatable
    Yes 9 inch Nails and Fear Factory are great, cheers I'll check out the others.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Rammstein live yet but I live in hope

Virtually every thrash metal I have ever had the misfortune to hear. Vocalists that can't sing, but grunt, shriek and howl. Guitarists that yes, are talented, but widdley widdley wank wank up and down the fretboard....zzzzzzz....
    What bands have you seen that you think or are thrash metal ?

I don't like fast metal music

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Playing scales for half an hour with someone screaming over the top
    which bands , are they thrash ?

Or death metal ?

There are plenty of crap heavy metal bands out there

I think Metallica, a band that were one of 5he founders of thrash metal did 3 good albums then went crap

I think there are lots of useless metal bands out there , talentless rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Yes 9 inch Nails and Fear Factory are great, cheers I'll check out the others.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Rammstein live yet but I live in hope
    You wont regret seeing them , think they are due to play cardiff next summer ?

Prong are also very good

Nirvana. Overated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Simply feckin Red!!!!!

Seriously shit. Id rather put Agadoo on repeat than listen to that crap.
    I wouldn't quite go that far, but I know what you mean.

IMO bands can play...i've never seen a band that were truly awful. I've seen bands that i thought were awful but most can and are ok musicians. Haircut 100 a good example. Spandau ballet had a decent sax, but the music was mostly awful.The Taylors in duran could play.

You wont regret seeing them , think they are due to play cardiff next summer ?

Prong are also very good
    Yes I'm hoping to get a ticket and a lot will depend on the Covid situation again whether or not it will go ahead.

What bands have you seen that you think or are thrash metal ?

I don't like fast metal music
    I had the misfortune of going to see Virus/Kreator and Celtic Frost in October '87 at the Cardiff Top Rank (or whatever it was called then!). Probaly the worst all round concert I have ever been too. I was persuaded to go by my mate who was into CF. I should've guessed it would be a crock o'shite as he had played me the 1st three Metallica albums in the months preceding the gig. Apart from 'Fade To Black' all three were a pile of tosh.

Then at Donington Monsters of Rock in '94 I had the total misfortune to have to witness Pantera live. A band with the missing link between us, homo sapien and man and neanderthal man as their lead growler(I can't really use the word 'singer'). Please step forward one Philip Anselmo. They were followed by the equally heinous Sepultura.

In Nov '07 I had the distinct bad luck to have to see and listen to In Flames the support band to Motorhead, at Cardiff University.

I have also had the extreme bad luck to have unfortunately heard over the years, albums by the likes of Anthrax, Overkill, Slayer and Megadeth among many others. All of them a pile of dogs poo

I had the misfortune of going to see Virus/Kreator and Celtic Frost in October '87 at the Cardiff Top Rank (or whatever it was called then!). Probaly the worst all round concert I have ever been too. I was persuaded to go by my mate who was into CF. I should've guessed it would be a crock o'shite as he had played me the 1st three Metallica albums in the months preceding the gig. Apart from 'Fade To Black' all three were a pile of tosh.

Then at Donington Monsters of Rock in '94 I had the total misfortune to have to witness Pantera live. A band with the missing link between us, homo sapien and man and neanderthal man as their lead growler(I can't really use the word 'singer'). Please step forward one Philip Anselmo. They were followed by the equally heinous Sepultura.

In Nov '07 I had the distinct bad luck to have to see and listen to In Flames the support band to Motorhead, at Cardiff University.

I have also had the extreme bad luck to have unfortunately heard over the years, albums by the likes of Anthrax, Overkill, Slayer and Megadeth among many others. All of them a pile of dogs poo
    Yep

pantera...were generally not rubbish live. sorry you wasted your cash

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I didn't waste my money to be honest. I wanted to see the great Cry of Love who were on the 2nd stage.

Also the tickets me and mate had were half price off someone who had a couple of complementaries, so didn't work out too expensive.

It was worth the price of entry to see Evan Seinfeld of Biohazard weigh into Showsec "security", the scourge of every festival and gig goer, with his mike stand, aided and abetted by the bands roadies. The vile kents started to attack and beat up the bands fans who had the temerity to stage dive

I also enjoyed the sets by Black label Society, as well as Therapy

cyberpunk band sigue sigue sputnik gets the nod from me

can't believe I saw them live too what was I thinking !!

Pantera , one of the most influential metal bands of the last 30 years , they are not a thrash band , they had a lot of groove , anselmo could growl but he could also sing .

Dimebag on guitars is known for his riffwork , not his solos although he can play

Motor head are about as noisy and thrashy as you can get , not my scene but have their moments , not much fret walking there

Anthrax were a very influential crossover hip hop metal band , not into flashy guitars all all , riff led

Slayers albums south of heaven and seasons of the abyss were very slowed down sabbath influenced , incredible lyrics and certainly not screamed down the mike .

Sepulturas albums chaos ad and roots , about the destruction of the Brazilian tribes in their home country were quite slow , Andreas kisser is a fantastic guitarist , hes no fret poser

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Newport centre , 2003

Fantastic band

Anthrax were a very influential crossover hip hop metal band , not into flashy guitars all all , riff led

Slayers albums south of heaven and seasons of the abyss were very slowed down sabbath influenced , incredible lyrics and certainly not screamed down the mike .

Sepulturas albums chaos ad and roots , about the destruction of the Brazilian tribes in their home country were quite slow , Andreas kisser is a fantastic guitarist , hes no fret poser
    Influential in one of the worst music genres ever. Cool.

I didn't waste my money to be honest. I wanted to see the great Cry of Love who were on the 2nd stage.

Also the tickets me and mate had were half price off someone who had a couple of complementaries, so didn't work out too expensive.

It was worth the price of entry to see Evan Seinfeld of Biohazard weigh into Showsec "security", the scourge of every festival and gig goer, with his mike stand, aided and abetted by the bands roadies. The vile kents started to attack and beat up the bands fans who had the temerity to stage dive

I also enjoyed the sets by Black label Society, as well as Therapy
    Biohazard were a fantastic band mixing metal punk rap etc and with a message of anti right wing , anti racist language

Seinfield and other members of the band came from immigrant backgrounds and would regularly kick **** into racists who would turn up at their early shows

Saw Biohazard at Bristol Bierkeller many years ago , they clearly looked after themselves as they were all massive , Seinfield shook hands at the end of the gig and he nearly tore my shoulder off

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Influential in one of the worst music genres ever. Cool.
    you think metal is one of the worst music genres ever ?

Or heavy rock

Or thrash

Do you know the difference ?

I like bands like jesus lizard and sugar and shellac and big black and throwing muses , they are not metal or thrash or heavy rock bands but they are closer to that than they are to say ABBA or Chic

Of the bands I've seen live, The Pretenders stand out, they were shocking, their support group that night were a start up group called UB40, who were sublime & totally overshadowed Chrissie Hynde.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Of the bands I've seen live, The Pretenders stand out, they were shocking, their support group that night were a start up group called UB40, who were sublime & totally overshadowed Chrissie Hynde.
    Supported U2 at cardiff in 87

Awful

But kid is a great song

you think metal is one of the worst music genres ever ?

Or heavy rock

Or thrash

Do you know the difference ?

I like bands like jesus lizard and sugar and shellac and big black and throwing muses , they are not metal or thrash or heavy rock bands but they are closer to that than they are to say ABBA or Chic
    I do. But you said "influential crossover hip hop metal band". Hip-hop metal is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I do. But you said "influential crossover hip hop metal band". Hip-hop metal is awful.
    You think metal is an awful genre ?

I like a lot of metal like sabbath , machine head etc

I like a lot of heavy indie like throwing muses , pixies

I like a lot of alternative rock like melvins , shellac , big black , jesus lizard

I like a lot of American punk and hard-core like minor threat , fugazi

I like a lot of disco and funk like chic , pointer sisters , Donna summer

I like a lot of hip hop metal like cypress hill when they worked with biohazard , anthrax when they worked with public enemy , bringing working class white and black music together , urban dance squad

Every musical genre has its good stuff

Even some garage I can listen to

Not a big fan of jazz or classical though

I put duran duran as a pop band and I thought they were crap but I dont think pop is all crap as a genre

Hope that explains it

As Sludge has cheated and thrown in Howard Jones im adding Van Morrison. Brown eyed Girl. What a lot of cr@p.

Hip hop metal, what a dreadful combination

I had to endure Slayer's Reign In Blood during 1987 on countless occasions at a house I shared with mates. The best thing I can say about the album is that it is mercifully short

Septic-rulers albums chaos ad and roots might have had noble intentions about the destruction of the Brazilian tribes in their home country. but they sounded awful to me. Just plain awful.