+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale , Obscene Wages

Gareth Bale , Obscene Wages

whilst teams are looking at getting wound up , bale is on 600 grand , a week

25 million a year ?

And his sponsorships ?

Nice genuine guy , supremely talented

But this sort of money means that the premier league just doesn't really give a ****

What a disgrace

Re: Gareth Bale , Obscene Wages

If I walked into a room in Bridgend and there were 100 people I had to talk to for 2 minutes... I’m certain I’d pick you out in 30 seconds

Some footballers earn a lot of money, thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

25 million a year ?

And his sponsorships ?

But this sort of money means that the premier league just doesn't really give a ****

What a disgrace
    Pittance. Messi is on double that, I believe.

600 grand a week!!! I don't even earn that a month!!!

Dwayne Johnson earned £1.4m a week last year whilst independent theatre companies went under, disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Some footballers earn a lot of money, thanks for the update
    No problem

There is a lot of money then there is obscene

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    If I walked into a room in Bridgend and there were 100 people I had to talk to for 2 minutes... I’m certain I’d pick you out in 30 seconds
    I would give you half an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Dwayne Johnson earned £1.4m a week last year whilst independent theatre companies went under, disgusting.
    All earnings of that level are why this world is going to eat dead rats just before the lights go out

If the money filtered down to lower league teams there are plenty of dodgy owners who would mess it up. And the more lower league clubs got the greedier the footballer and their agents would become. Owners of clubs like Macclesfield and Bury would just be rubbing their hands and still getting their clubs in to debt.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    If the money filtered down to lower league teams there are plenty of dodgy owners who would mess it up. And the more lower league clubs got the greedier the footballer and their agents would become. Owners of clubs like Macclesfield and Bury would just be rubbing their hands and still getting their clubs in to debt.
    Thats another question , football should be reformed with wage caps etc and community involvement should be improved and fit and proper person checks increased

Are you saying the big clubs that used to distribute money to the lower clubs before the establishment of the premier league and struck a deal to keep more of the money in football shouldnt give any money to the teams outside the Premier league at all ?

If that's the case one day , we will have liverpool , spurs , United and four or five others left .

25 million a year ?

And his sponsorships ?

What a disgrace
    Ludicrous money of course, but in one week he pays more tax than most of us in a lifetime.

I'd rather he gets it over anyone else who is directly in the food chain. He is the product, and there are lots of people making a fortune off the back of him.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Ludicrous money of course, but in one week he pays more tax than most of us in a lifetime.
    Do you think he might have a good accountant ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'd rather he gets it over anyone else who is directly in the food chain. He is the product, and there are lots of people making a fortune off the back of him.
    well his talent is beyond doubt and he's a good bloke

But the money run modern game has bred a monster

If this what football is about ?

I think its appalling and a symptom of capitalism

So why doesn’t Bale help out with Macclesfield?

25 million a year ?

And his sponsorships ?

What a disgrace
    thats football, hes paid the wages because of his talent and bevajsebig clubs can afford to pay it.

i dont see the link to lower clubs who mainly dont run themselves well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    So why doesn’t Bale help out with Macclesfield?
    why should he? i wouldnt

25 million a year ?

And his sponsorships ?

What a disgrace
    I'd rather he get it than just the owners.

The fact that numpties from Cardiff, Moss Side or Glasgow can earn a fortune because of their talent is brilliant.

If he couldn't kick a ball he'd be a pleb like the rest of us.

the wages are obscene, but at least the money is going to the workers generating it rather than the wealthy owners just leveraging their wealth.

International

Sludge, what would you prefer?

25 million a year ?

And his sponsorships ?

What a disgrace
    He's not on his own, the whole lot is obscene, premiership clubs spending hundreds of millions on assets.

If Gareth Bale is on 600K PW and he is paid on a 24/7 basis, he earns more in 3 seconds than the new weekly state pension.

25 million a year ?

And his sponsorships ?

What a disgrace
    24% flat tax rate as well thanks to the Beckham Law. To be fair i'd say he didn't even pay that much either, probably put it through a shell company or invested in Dwayne Johnson films

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Sludge, what would you prefer?
    that corrupt organisations like real madrid and their owners are treat like every other normal person in this country equally. too much to ask?