Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
I think that's arse

I live in a wealthy area

A bloke from the bridgend outreach team came to sort out our broadband the other day . He was about late twenties and came from a rough area of bridgend , wildmill. He used to play football football for the school team against the school team i played for which was a working class area of bridgend but our school was not full of hard knocks .

Lot of poverty , drugs , ill health in wildmill , free school meals , breakfast clubs

But a lot of good people who certainly would accept help , as he did as a youngster and certainly do give a shit about other people .

He was a city fan , he couldnt make it week in week out as he and his girlfriend who he was in school with were saving up to buy a house . He was at our place for two hours sorting out the fault . Had a great chat , had about four cups of tea , said talk talk will probably try and say you need a new router but there is no need , its taken me two hours to find this fault but its sorted now .

I said you have spent two hours here , you are a city fan , you have sorted out our Internet without another couple of days hanging around heres a little bit of cash , I gave him 50 quid , to go towards your new house or take your girlfriend out for a meal , stop her nagging you

He said that's really kind of you but I am unable to accept that , its just the way it is .

I reckon if people who needed a hand up , help with their bills , were struggling for money, paying heating bills , saving to buy a house couldn't give a shit for anyone else were offered 50 quid as a thank you he would have grabbed the money and run ?

But he didn't, we had another cup of tea and he said it was nice to work for people who were polite , able to make conversation , offered cups of tea etc

He said he enjoyed his job but where I lived was one of the worst areas to work , people here would complain if you were half an hour late , not chat , keep saying how long is this going to take , I have got to get back online now ! , I am paying talktalk, bt, sky, blah blah blah a lot of money .......he works for open reach not talktalk, bt, sky etc ......etc etc , the wealthy areas , the people with money are the worst mate , I go to Cefn glas , Litchard , bryntirion , sarn , nantymoel , Ogmore......Big cardiff city areas , buses run from the oak for away trips.....i enjoy it ......but laleston, st brides , merthyr Mawr Road, corntown, Ewenny, nightmare

So clearly this young working class lad had plenty of help from social services and had a poor upbringing and far from grabbing cash off me he was a decent person who in his spare time helped others as a volunteer lifeguard . There are still some people , thank god , who give a shit about others .

He does , Gareth bale does , but the general point is capitalism is going to have to be stopped as it will leave nothing for anyone one day .

Nothing at all .

And all the money in the world is useless if there is nothing .
That's a load of baloney wrapped up to sound like something great. It doesn't alter the fact that the vast majority would take anything offered and not give a shit about anyone lese.
It's just that you Sludge, have this knack of meeting the most amazing humble people. Do they all live in your head?
Spreading out the money won't make everyone richer it will just make a lot of people poorer and when no one is paying taxes and the like where will the money come from to support these poor downtrodden masses?
Anyone with money or the intelligence/ nous to make money will just leave the country, just like they did in the 70's! I think it was called the brain drain wasn't it?