+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale , Obscene Wages

Re: Gareth Bale , Obscene Wages

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Yeah but that’s different.

Gareth Bale earned his money due to his talent and hard work. He was in academies during childhood. He faces the pressures of an A-list footballer, whether it’s on the pitch, training ground or in the media.

My health, despite some of it is earned, is mainly not earned. It’s because I am young and not unwell.

So you’re comparing apples and oranges
    I dont have good health at present but if someone is collecting for the homeless I donate what I can

Thats how a caring society works

Hes earned a right to be paid well but more than a consultant children's brain surgeon who operates under incredible pressure and stress ? Not just more but more money than is possible to imagine in one year?

25 million a year ?

And thats because the god of money says so ?

I would be paying the surgeon 600 grand a week if society enabled it

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    and the fact that we accept that its a capitalist market and its deeply engraved in football yet people say there we go , it is what it is , is the problem
    When it gets to a tipping point people will walk away, and the capitalist system allows it to all start again

and the fact that we accept that its a capitalist market and its deeply engraved in football yet people say there we go , it is what it is , is the problem
    Sludge, I'm with you about rampant capitalism butt.

Lets clear this up though.

If Gladys dies of hypothermia in Dowlais Top and she's been sat there for weeks shivering without heat, that's society's fault, not Bale.

Bale getting £600,000 a week is football's fault, not Bale's.

Unless we think he should be popping round to Gladys's with an electric blanket and a token for the meter?

Football turned to shit years ago. Don't support the ****ing industry. The premier League and Football League Championship are run and organised by self serving wankets.

All this coming from a bloke who has just subbed Sky and BT is a bit hypocritical mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    When it gets to a tipping point people will walk away, and the capitalist system allows it to all start again
    which suggests to me its a fecked system as it keeps breaking down

well you are completely missing the point

It could be dave fartpants from Chelsea

We have a society where money wins everytime and its ruined football

The point is this , there will always be rich , there will always be poor but we have a situation where there is money circulating in society . A massive amount of it is in the hands of a few people

Redistribution of wealth is as important in football .....or it was before the premier league came along ...as it is in health , social care , housing , transport

The beautiful game is fecked
    I can understand your argument that money should be distributed more equally in football but bringing pensioners and societal problems into it is banal and lame. Homelessness, poverty etc don't exist because footballers earn huge money, it's a totally separate issue.

In an ideal world would Gareth Bale be paid less and Macclesfield have more as a result? Yes, there should be a more even distribution of wealth in football.

In an ideal world would Gareth Bale be paid less and pensioners be looked after better as a result? No. In an ideal world it wouldn't matter what Gareth Bale is paid because pensioners would be looked after regardless by a fair and well funded system that's SUPPOSED to look after them.

Start pointing fingers at the huge companies not paying billions in tax and stop pointing them at working class individuals who've got to where they are with talent and hard work.

I dont have good health at present but if someone is collecting for the homeless I donate what I can

Thats how a caring society works

Hes earned a right to be paid well but more than a consultant children's brain surgeon who operates under incredible pressure and stress ? Not just more but more money than is possible to imagine in one year?

25 million a year ?

And thats because the god of money says so ?

I would be paying the surgeon 600 grand a week if society enabled it
    The thing is that the surgeon is in a different industry, which would be a different labour market. You are again comparing apples to oranges.

The thing is that the surgeon is in a different industry, which would be a different labour market. You are again comparing apples to oranges.
    Agreed, and the surgeon also has the option of trying to get a gig on This morning or Radio 2 as some 'celebrity Doctor' as long as he has the attributes. He could write books and have a podcast and could make millions a year, if that is what motivates him.

Everyone has choices and everyone has different drivers in life.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I can understand your argument that money should be distributed more equally in football but bringing pensioners and societal problems into it is banal and lame. Homelessness, poverty etc don't exist because footballers earn huge money, it's a totally separate issue.

In an ideal world would Gareth Bale be paid less and Macclesfield have more as a result? Yes, there should be a more even distribution of wealth in football.

In an ideal world would Gareth Bale be paid less and pensioners be looked after better as a result? No. In an ideal world it wouldn't matter what Gareth Bale is paid because pensioners would be looked after regardless by a fair and well funded system that's SUPPOSED to look after them.

Start pointing fingers at the huge companies not paying billions in tax and stop pointing them at working class individuals who've got to where they are with talent and hard work.
    Again I am not pointing the finger at poor old gareth who is clearly a decent bloke

I think society is about people, premier league footballers , some granny in the valleys , the NHS , you , the bus driver , the road sweeper , the accountant , the social worker the call centre worker , the builder , the homeless

There is is too much money swilling around in society to too few people full stop

And I fully support shafting apple and amazon

Labour markets , money , profits, capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Agreed, and the surgeon also has the option of trying to get a gig on This morning or Radio 2 as some 'celebrity Doctor' as long as he has the attributes. He could write books and have a podcast and could make millions a year, if that is what motivates him.

Everyone has choices and everyone has different drivers in life.
    Everyone doesn't have free choice , some people from disadvantaged backgrounds are fighting a losing battle from the day they are born

Labour markets , money , profits, capitalism
    Yeah that is the mechanism as to how society allocated resources - money. And thinking about labour markets are essential to this debate

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I don't know why he can't be on 50k a week or even 100k and then the paying public wouldn't have to hand over such a large part of their income to watch "the peoples game". It's not just him, it's all of it. Sky, BT, chairmen, players and worst of all, agents.
    Or even 5k a week; that's a fortune for most people. And at the same time come and play for us; the guy would become a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Or even 5k a week; that's a fortune for most people. And at the same time come and play for us; the guy would become a hero.
    Indeed , he doesn't need the money and he certainly doesn't need 650 k a week

Hes 31 , imagine a cardiff lad returning to his home town club , one or the worlds most exciting players and turning so many young people and kids in south wales bluebirds mad

It was embarrassing to see all those spurs idiots welcoming him " home " , singing " he was born to play for spurs "

He was born in cardiff you idiots

Hes ours and I hope hecshines for Wales at next years euros and he sticks it in your English net and joins city next season

Indeed , he doesn't need the money and he certainly doesn't need 650 k a week

Hes 31 , imagine a cardiff lad returning to his home town club , one or the worlds most exciting players and turning so many young people and kids in south wales bluebirds mad

It was embarrassing to see all those spurs idiots welcoming him " home " , singing " he was born to play for spurs "

He was born in cardiff you idiots

Hes ours and I hope hecshines for Wales at next years euros and he sticks it in your English net and joins city next season

He has nothing to do with the club

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

https://youtu.be/8jp4FVPLW7o

See around the 1 minute mark. And his uncle Chris rattled a load in for us in the late 80’s/early 90’s.

So In my book that makes him a thoroughbred bluebird.

First Team

I think fire is being directed at the wrong targets here.

It is those who have accumulated wealth by luck or birth who deserve your ire.

I'm not sure it's on UK Netflix yet but when it is can I suggest "Capital in the C21st".

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    https://youtu.be/8jp4FVPLW7o

See around the 1 minute mark. And his uncle Chris rattled a load in for us in the late 80’s/early 90’s.

So In my book that makes him a thoroughbred bluebird.
    If you go past the 1 minute mark he talks about how he supported Arsenal as a kid. Whether he went along to Cardiff games as a kid is irrelevant to my point, claiming him as "ours" when he was developed by Southampton/Spurs is strange behaviour.

If you watch the link below the first shirt they pull out is a cardiff city shirt . Bale says he had the shirt as a youngster as he is from cardiff , they are his local club his uncle was a big fan and used to take him and he is always interested in how we are doing and always follows our results

Oh dear

Do you want to get a ladder to help you climb out of a rather silly little hole you have dug yourself ?

If you go past the 1 minute mark he talks about how he supported Arsenal as a kid. Whether he went along to Cardiff games as a kid is irrelevant to my point, claiming him as "ours" when he was developed by Southampton/Spurs is strange behaviour.
    You have shit in your own pants you plum

Hes cardiff born , his uncle took him to watch cardiff as a kid , in a cardiff shirt , like a lot of young kids he watched premiership football he never supported arsenal he just liked the way they played then he was hooked on Ryan giggs etc , young kids are like that

Cardiff is where he was born , his uncle played for city , he used to go to watch cardiff in a cardiff shirt

Hes a son of cardiff , hes welsh , his uncle used to play for city , he watched us as a youngster , if he ended his career with us it would be a sort of homecoming . Close to family and friends . Playing for the team his uncle played for .

You can wriggle your way out of this cock up as much as you want with silly smiles but you are a grown man and you should just say fair enough

Everyone makes a tit of themselves now and then , I have made an art of it .

bale going to cardiff city in a city shirt with his uncle and his uncle being a bluebird and bale saying hes from cardiff and city are his hometown club and he always follows how we are doing are irrelevant to your point in your mind because you know they prove you have been done like a kipper

Move , we all put our foot in it

Have a good Sunday

It would be the same as when Bellers came to play for us. If he played for us he would have that edge that comes from representing your friends, family and Welsh/Cardiff fans.

It’s about time that Gladys from Dowlais Top got off her fat arse and tried to get a start somewhere

Gareth Bale, a 31 year old who's still one of the best 30 players in the world should come and play for us in the Championship because he's from here? F**ks sakes get a grip

International

sludge I get the impression sometimes that you are just jealous of anyone who is rich or earns a lot of money. you think it is "unfair".
    But if someone like Bale gave his money away he wouldn't make anyone particularly richer he'd just make himself poorer. It's nonsense.

You think you're on the side of the 'common man' but most of the people you espouse to defend,, given the opportunity, would take every penny offered to them and not give a shit about anyone else
    It's time you took the rose coloured specs off.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s about time that Gladys from Dowlais Top got off her fat arse and tried to get a start somewhere
    Unbefuuckinglievable thing to say!

Gladys is dead. Dead from hyperthermia. Found frozen to her rocking chair encrusted in ice like a lone pea found in an undefrosted freezer shelf.

Bale killed her.

Show some respect you heartless fuucker.