Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
That's exactly what I thought when I read that article - it's all very well saying it's time for action, but what does that mean?

I can't help thinking that, even among those of us who think that we're on board with the whole anti racism thing, the "action" being taken is no more than doing exactly the same as we were doing before this summer and the event which brought about all of the stuff which, it seems, is so annoying to some on here.
Racism will always exist . People are not born racist . They learn it , often from their parents . And some people are not just racist in attitude they are serious neo nazi activists . We can't change people like that , they need to be dealt with by the law .

In general I liken dealing with racism to dealing and learning to live with a chronic illness. Diabetes , kidney problems , arthritis etc

The Psychiatrist who treats me said you have suffered with depression and anxiety since your early years , your father suffered with depression , your mother and your uncle . You have to accept that you will always have a problem with it but you can manage it and confine it to a small part of life . Take the drugs I suggest , avoid alcohol , go fishing to relax , go for a walk

If society is to deal,with racism it has to accept that whether we like it or not an element of people in this country are racist . An extreme element are criminally racist and need to be in prison .

If action is going to be taken on racism , say the knee protest faded from football which I think it will then we need to ensure firstly education is at the forefront . From a young age children are taught about different cultures , some will already be learning racist views from their home , nothing can be done about that .

That education needs to continue in colleges , the workplace

The police need to be praised and supported when they do a good job and they must be helped to weed out and convict if needed racist police officers .

Instead of offering jobs to people from ethnic minorities serving burgers on match day at cardiff city .....a statement made by a cardiff city employee when asked by a black youth worker what sort of jobs are on offer to the local community at the new stadium , football and society in general should reach out and be far more affirmative ......I agree with positive discrimination , many dont

We can support the knee protest for as long as we want but if someone makes a racist insult at a game then we either report it and get that person dealt with ....or we keep sitting on our hands .

I am not racist I don't agree with the knee protest , it needs to be stopped , action needs to be taken but I , the football club and society in general don't want to take any action .