+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 184

Thread: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

  1. #151

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Jesus Christ, from the sounds of some of you you'd think that a crowd of BLM protesters were coming into your house and physically making you join the footballers in taking a knee.

    "Forced down our throats" etc?! - it's a 5 second protest that's done and dusted before the bit you tune in to watch even starts. How delicate some people are about the slightest change to how THEY want things to be never fails to amaze me

  2. #152

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Jesus Christ, from the sounds of some of you you'd think that a crowd of BLM protesters were coming into your house and physically making you join the footballers in taking a knee.

    "Forced down our throats" etc?! - it's a 5 second protest that's done and dusted before the bit you tune in to watch even starts. How delicate some people are about the slightest change to how THEY want things to be never fails to amaze me
    If you haven’t seen it already read what Sir Les Ferdinand said about taking the knee today.

    He sums it all up perfectly.

  3. #153

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    If you haven’t seen it already read what Sir Les Ferdinand said about taking the knee today.

    He sums it all up perfectly.
    So if ferdinando is right and its time for action , what action are you going to take now regarding racial injustice ?

  4. #154

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's made all the headlines it needed.
    Thank fck we have a media attention threshold decider on the board. That clears a lot of things up.

  5. #155

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So if ferdinando is right and its time for action , what action are you going to take now regarding racial injustice ?
    Don’t want to quote partridge to a massive partridge fan but it’s evolution not revolution.

    What am I going to do?

    Listen to black music and buy tickets (absolutely loving Geoff Porter at the moment)

    I’m off to a local Jamaican takeaway soon

    Not be racist

    Do I feel it necessary to attend marches? No as the best way of fighting racism is showing what people are missing out on in multiculturalism. I don’t think taking the knee and shouting black live matter changes the opinions of those that are the most likely to be able to change

  6. #156

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Don’t want to quote partridge to a massive partridge fan but it’s evolution not revolution.

    What am I going to do?

    Listen to black music and buy tickets (absolutely loving Geoff Porter at the moment)

    I’m off to a local Jamaican takeaway soon

    Not be racist

    Do I feel it necessary to attend marches? No as the best way of fighting racism is showing what people are missing out on in multiculturalism. I don’t think taking the knee and shouting black live matter changes the opinions of those that are the most likely to be able to change
    So you are doing something and I think thats your view of the way forward

    Thars fine

    I disagree as although I think the taking the knee thing will slowly fade out of football and plenty of people think its time it should there are a lot of people who say yeah well I am not racist but the knee thing has got to stop but of course we should tackle racism but then don't suggest what they intend doing to challenge racism

    Calling someone who does not agree with the knee thing is ignorant and wrong but there are are a lot of people who do not put up a valid and reasoned view which you can disagree with but still understand .

    There are people who post about this subject who are clearly racist and you can soon suss them out , if you could they would use racially offensive language and post links to neo nazi white supremacist groups and these are the racist people who need to be exposed not someone who thinks the knee gesture had its time and now they think football should say the protest has been made , now we make sure that we all do our best to treat people equally . Thats fine in my book even though if in two years time down the city if a black player and a couple off his team mates take a quick knee when warming up I ain't going to write to the club or boo.

    But a lot of people say they are not racist , blm is bollocks

  7. #157

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So if ferdinando is right and its time for action , what action are you going to take now regarding racial injustice ?
    That's exactly what I thought when I read that article - it's all very well saying it's time for action, but what does that mean?

    I can't help thinking that, even among those of us who think that we're on board with the whole anti racism thing, the "action" being taken is no more than doing exactly the same as we were doing before this summer and the event which brought about all of the stuff which, it seems, is so annoying to some on here.

  8. #158

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's exactly what I thought when I read that article - it's all very well saying it's time for action, but what does that mean?

    I can't help thinking that, even among those of us who think that we're on board with the whole anti racism thing, the "action" being taken is no more than doing exactly the same as we were doing before this summer and the event which brought about all of the stuff which, it seems, is so annoying to some on here.
    Racism will always exist . People are not born racist . They learn it , often from their parents . And some people are not just racist in attitude they are serious neo nazi activists . We can't change people like that , they need to be dealt with by the law .

    In general I liken dealing with racism to dealing and learning to live with a chronic illness. Diabetes , kidney problems , arthritis etc

    The Psychiatrist who treats me said you have suffered with depression and anxiety since your early years , your father suffered with depression , your mother and your uncle . You have to accept that you will always have a problem with it but you can manage it and confine it to a small part of life . Take the drugs I suggest , avoid alcohol , go fishing to relax , go for a walk

    If society is to deal,with racism it has to accept that whether we like it or not an element of people in this country are racist . An extreme element are criminally racist and need to be in prison .

    If action is going to be taken on racism , say the knee protest faded from football which I think it will then we need to ensure firstly education is at the forefront . From a young age children are taught about different cultures , some will already be learning racist views from their home , nothing can be done about that .

    That education needs to continue in colleges , the workplace

    The police need to be praised and supported when they do a good job and they must be helped to weed out and convict if needed racist police officers .

    Instead of offering jobs to people from ethnic minorities serving burgers on match day at cardiff city .....a statement made by a cardiff city employee when asked by a black youth worker what sort of jobs are on offer to the local community at the new stadium , football and society in general should reach out and be far more affirmative ......I agree with positive discrimination , many dont

    We can support the knee protest for as long as we want but if someone makes a racist insult at a game then we either report it and get that person dealt with ....or we keep sitting on our hands .

    I am not racist I don't agree with the knee protest , it needs to be stopped , action needs to be taken but I , the football club and society in general don't want to take any action .

  9. #159

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    If you haven’t seen it already read what Sir Les Ferdinand said about taking the knee today.

    He sums it all up perfectly.
    I saw what he said and totally get it. It's got nothing to do with some guys raging like some sportspeople kneeling for 5 seconds is a personal attack on them though

  10. #160

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Maybe you should stick to posts telling everyone what an amazing footballer you were, and how Messi asked you to swap shirts after a game, and begged you to join him at Barcelona.

    There are some people on this site who lap up that kind of stuff from a fantasist like yourself, who’s detached from reality!
    .

  11. #161

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Racism will always exist . People are not born racist . They learn it , often from their parents . And some people are not just racist in attitude they are serious neo nazi activists . We can't change people like that , they need to be dealt with by the law .

    In general I liken dealing with racism to dealing and learning to live with a chronic illness. Diabetes , kidney problems , arthritis etc

    The Psychiatrist who treats me said you have suffered with depression and anxiety since your early years , your father suffered with depression , your mother and your uncle . You have to accept that you will always have a problem with it but you can manage it and confine it to a small part of life . Take the drugs I suggest , avoid alcohol , go fishing to relax , go for a walk

    If society is to deal,with racism it has to accept that whether we like it or not an element of people in this country are racist . An extreme element are criminally racist and need to be in prison .

    If action is going to be taken on racism , say the knee protest faded from football which I think it will then we need to ensure firstly education is at the forefront . From a young age children are taught about different cultures , some will already be learning racist views from their home , nothing can be done about that .

    That education needs to continue in colleges , the workplace

    The police need to be praised and supported when they do a good job and they must be helped to weed out and convict if needed racist police officers .

    Instead of offering jobs to people from ethnic minorities serving burgers on match day at cardiff city .....a statement made by a cardiff city employee when asked by a black youth worker what sort of jobs are on offer to the local community at the new stadium , football and society in general should reach out and be far more affirmative ......I agree with positive discrimination , many dont

    We can support the knee protest for as long as we want but if someone makes a racist insult at a game then we either report it and get that person dealt with ....or we keep sitting on our hands .

    I am not racist I don't agree with the knee protest , it needs to be stopped , action needs to be taken but I , the football club and society in general don't want to take any action .
    .
    Last edited by Brisbane CCFC; 22-09-20 at 13:57. Reason: !

  12. #162

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They are a piss take out of middle age blokes sitting in front of the computer

    I used to work for a charity helping people with housing problems in Riverside and referred many young women to the police or womens aid after they disclosed information to me . And referred many more young women to cardiff single women's housing project which helped young women fleeing violenc sand abuse

    I know that I am not a sexist misogynist , believe in equality for all and have actually supported vulnerable women and helped them escape violence and abuse and get the right support from the right agency .

    I know that

    But I also know that you are a racist
    I get that and well done for doing such great work. That is brilliant. But, one of the things that puts me off this board is you and your creepy objectification of women. Just saying, pull your ****ing head in mate. You come across as a complete sleazy ****er. Just my opinion like. It's like you have male karen messageboard Tourette syndrome.

  13. #163

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-pl...om-for-anthems

    "Is it authentic? That's the mystery," the video begins. "Or is it just another symbolic victory....Do we kneel, do we stand? If we can just right our wrongs we wouldn't need..We don't need another publicity parade. So we'll just stay inside until it's time to play the game."

    Players go on to call on owners with "influence and pockets bigger than ours to call up officials and flex political power" in lieu of "fluff and empty gestures."

  14. #164

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So if ferdinando is right and its time for action , what action are you going to take now regarding racial injustice ?
    Er, I think that you should be asking Sir Les not me. What an odd question.

    I have never felt the need to take a knee myself, but then again I'm not a high profile sports person. Maybe you have though?

    Maybe YOU can list what YOU are doing? (so that we can all ignore it )

  15. #165

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane CCFC View Post
    I get that and well done for doing such great work. That is brilliant. But, one of the things that puts me off this board is you and your creepy objectification of women. Just saying, pull your ****ing head in mate. You come across as a complete sleazy ****er. Just my opinion like. It's like you have male karen messageboard Tourette syndrome.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk

  16. #166

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane CCFC View Post
    I get that and well done for doing such great work. That is brilliant. But, one of the things that puts me off this board is you and your creepy objectification of women. Just saying, pull your ****ing head in mate. You come across as a complete sleazy ****er. Just my opinion like. It's like you have male karen messageboard Tourette syndrome.
    Spot on, and he has the audacity to label anyone who offers a different view point, a racist.

    Shame he doesn’t seem to care as much about the MeToo movement, as he does BLM.

    This is a bloke who posts literally thousands of sexist’s comments about women, on a football messageboard.

    A right misogynist weirdo!

  17. #167

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Either I've got him completely wrong over a period of about twenty years, or some people just don't get the joke with Sludge and his posts about women - that joke is told against himself more often than not,

  18. #168

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Spot on, and he has the audacity to label anyone who offers a different view point, a racist.

    Shame he doesn’t seem to care as much about the MeToo movement, as he does BLM.

    This is a bloke who posts literally thousands of sexist’s comments about women, on a football messageboard.

    A right misogynist weirdo!
    Nice to see you've lowered yourself to personal attacks.

  19. #169

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Either I've got him completely wrong over a period of about twenty years, or some people just don't get the joke with Sludge and his posts about women - that joke is told against himself more often than not,
    Exactly Bob. There’s no way Sludge is a full on perv and what man on this board didn’t had a wank over Diana Rigg?

    There’s some right weirdos on here sometimes.

  20. #170

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Exactly Bob. There’s no way Sludge is a full on perv and what man on this board didn’t had a wank over Diana Rigg?

    There’s some right weirdos on here sometimes.
    Agreed, Sludge is a good 'un

  21. #171

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Either I've got him completely wrong over a period of about twenty years, or some people just don't get the joke with Sludge and his posts about women - that joke is told against himself more often than not,
    Very much so. That's the general point that gets missed. In the old days he often told us short ditties about failed dates, always from the angle of it being the woman's fault but, when read, it was the opposite case, but he knew that and it was some form of self deprecation. Organ Morgan's regular tales added to this and a message board character was born, one Sludge adopted for a laugh.

    The only ones kicking up a fuss about this are the ones who dislike his political stance and have chosen to attack him. Such seems to be the way with some on the right. I've seen enough on social media.

  22. #172

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Either I've got him completely wrong over a period of about twenty years, or some people just don't get the joke with Sludge and his posts about women - that joke is told against himself more often than not,
    But even if you ‘understand’ that, they aren’t even remotely funny and never have been.

  23. #173

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But even if you ‘understand’ that, they aren’t even remotely funny and never have been.
    So, is he accused of making jokes that aren't funny, like all of us do from time to time, or of being "a misogynist weirdo"? There's a pretty big difference between those two things.

  24. #174

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    If these clubs are being truthful and want to move on to other action then fine. I really hope they are though and its not a couple of players or a player were going to stop doing it.(thats fine as well for individuals)

    Say we signed a player from QPR what would he do now pre match?

  25. #175

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Sludge keeps this board going on times, when it’s on the wane he invariably drops a few hand grenades, all part of messageboard fun as far as I’m concerned. I know he’s threatened to down tools on times but, fair play to him, he never does and piles back in to his detractors, rightly or wrongly. The ones who joust with him most probably subconsciously enjoy it as why wouldn’t they solve their problem by putting him on ignore, they accuse him of trying to sort of brainwash us but by vigorously arguing back they’re falling into his trap of making them show their true colours. Skip past him if he bothers you, I certainly do when I detect a thread that he starts about that dreadful noise that he reckons is music

  26. #176

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, is he accused of making jokes that aren't funny, like all of us do from time to time, or of being "a misogynist weirdo"? There's a pretty big difference between those two things.
    Not really. If you are going to make highly sexist (or racist) ‘jokes’ I’d be extremely wary of doing so on a public message board. Would he say them at work? Would he say them to a large group of people? Maybe to people he knew very well who understood that sort of ‘humour’.

    The posts have never been funny and due to their nature are highly likely to offend some people.

    Just pointless.

  27. #177

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Not really. If you are going to make highly sexist (or racist) ‘jokes’ I’d be extremely wary of doing so on a public message board. Would he say them at work? Would he say them to a large group of people? Maybe to people he knew very well who understood that sort of ‘humour’.

    The posts have never been funny and due to their nature are highly likely to offend some people.

    Just pointless.
    Bobby D. Theres loads of pointless drivel posted on this board. I contribute greatly to that although in my defence I'm blaming lockdown.

    Sludges posts are irreverent and acting as a parody character as someone who whilst not posting on here spends hours of his time either fishing or waanking over Redtube.

    It's quite observant really but the one thing hes got wrong is I ****ing hate fishing.

  28. #178

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Not really. If you are going to make highly sexist (or racist) ‘jokes’ I’d be extremely wary of doing so on a public message board. Would he say them at work? Would he say them to a large group of people? Maybe to people he knew very well who understood that sort of ‘humour’.

    The posts have never been funny and due to their nature are highly likely to offend some people.

    Just pointless.
    Yet there are comics who come out with a million times worse than Sludge in a public performance.

    Last night I caught up with Frankie Boyle's latest series. You either find him funny or not, I like his humour as it's not even on the edge, but he's also a very good wordsmith. A couple of friends of mine used to be big fans of his, but now don't like him as he takes the piss out of Boris Johnson. I guess everyone has their line.

  29. #179

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Sludge's jokes about women are clearly parody, and I suspect those who accuse him otherwise know that but are enjoying a pile in because he sticks to his guns about what he believes in

  30. #180

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Nice to see you've lowered yourself to personal attacks.
    I guess you chose to overlook his posts where he labelled those of us opposed to the ongoing knee situation, racists!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •