+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, is he accused of making jokes that aren't funny, like all of us do from time to time, or of being "a misogynist weirdo"? There's a pretty big difference between those two things.
    Not really. If you are going to make highly sexist (or racist) ‘jokes’ I’d be extremely wary of doing so on a public message board. Would he say them at work? Would he say them to a large group of people? Maybe to people he knew very well who understood that sort of ‘humour’.

The posts have never been funny and due to their nature are highly likely to offend some people.

Just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Not really. If you are going to make highly sexist (or racist) ‘jokes’ I’d be extremely wary of doing so on a public message board. Would he say them at work? Would he say them to a large group of people? Maybe to people he knew very well who understood that sort of ‘humour’.

The posts have never been funny and due to their nature are highly likely to offend some people.

Just pointless.
    Bobby D. Theres loads of pointless drivel posted on this board. I contribute greatly to that although in my defence I'm blaming lockdown.

Sludges posts are irreverent and acting as a parody character as someone who whilst not posting on here spends hours of his time either fishing or waanking over Redtube.

It's quite observant really but the one thing hes got wrong is I ****ing hate fishing.

Just pointless.
    Yet there are comics who come out with a million times worse than Sludge in a public performance.

Last night I caught up with Frankie Boyle's latest series. You either find him funny or not, I like his humour as it's not even on the edge, but he's also a very good wordsmith. A couple of friends of mine used to be big fans of his, but now don't like him as he takes the piss out of Boris Johnson. I guess everyone has their line.

Sludge's jokes about women are clearly parody, and I suspect those who accuse him otherwise know that but are enjoying a pile in because he sticks to his guns about what he believes in

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Nice to see you've lowered yourself to personal attacks.
    I guess you chose to overlook his posts where he labelled those of us opposed to the ongoing knee situation, racists!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    I guess you chose to overlook his posts where he labelled those of us opposed to the ongoing knee situation, racists!
    It's all your other posts that make you out as a racist tbh

Just pointless.
    Well said, Bobby.

Why are people up in arms on this thread because some of us are fed up with the knee, and the narrative we’re all racists. Even if we make statistical posts showing the situation in America, is not like the media would have you believe.

Yet, they consider many of Sludge’s demeaning posts about women, as ‘jokes.’

Double standards.

Our fan base is not racist in my opinion, I posted previously I’ve personally heard one comment in over 30 years of attending City and Wales games.

Yet Sludge labels our fan base, with half a dozen comments of incidents he’s seen/heard.

Which are a small handful, when you consider the millions in total, through the gates over those years.

Pretty much all of us abhor racism, but it won’t be eradicated by taking the knee and a black power fist salute. And god help us if the Police were defunded, as they want.

Credit to Les Ferdinand in coming out and speaking so well about it, this week.

Change will only come about through the parents, and how they raise their kids in future generations.

As for Sludge, maybe he should give as much consideration to women, as he does to BLM.

And don’t insult others by labelling them unjustly, as racists.

When it comes to name calling, he shouldn’t give it out, if he can’t take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's all your other posts that make you out as a racist tbh
    Show me one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Well said, Bobby.

Why are people up in arms on this thread because some of us are fed up with the knee, and the narrative we’re all racists. Even if we make statistical posts showing the situation in America, is not like the media would have you believe.

Yet, they consider many of Sludge’s demeaning posts about women, as ‘jokes.’

Double standards.

Our fan base is not racist in my opinion, I posted previously I’ve personally heard one comment in over 30 years of attending City and Wales games.

Yet Sludge labels our fan base, with half a dozen comments of incidents he’s seen/heard.

Which are a small handful, when you consider the millions in total, through the gates over those years.

Pretty much all of us abhor racism, but it won’t be eradicated by taking the knee and a black power fist salute. And god help us if the Police were defunded, as they want.

Credit to Les Ferdinand in coming out and speaking so well about it, this week.

Change will only come about through the parents, and how they raise their kids in future generations.

As for Sludge, maybe he should give as much consideration to women, as he does to BLM.

And don’t insult others by labelling them unjustly, as racists.

When it comes to name calling, he shouldn’t give it out, if he can’t take it back.
    Bang on.