+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 184

Thread: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

  1. #31

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The fact some supporters would boo any attempt to highlight and promote anti racism says it all. ��

    The fact is most people that have a real problem with this are middle aged white men with fragile identity and egos.

    The sport isn't where we should raise things like this line is rubbish too. We need to raise it as a discussion point across the whole of society

  2. #32

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have to say that reading other boards of this club a lot of those people who objecting to this knee issue are full on racists . I know several in fact and they have extreme far right views .

  3. #33

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    SKY are clueless, giving QPR of all teams a hard time.
    L
    This is a club that changed the historic name of their ground, to that of a murdered black youngster.

    Have possibly done more than any business or football club, to help with Grenfell.

    Plus, have a black Director of Football.
    Letís not let the facts get in the way of a good story as the old saying goes.

  4. #34

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Letís not let the facts get in the way of a good story as the old saying goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    SKY are clueless, giving QPR of all teams a hard time.
    L
    This is a club that changed the historic name of their ground, to that of a murdered black youngster.

    Have possibly done more than any business or football club, to help with Grenfell.

    Plus, have a black Director of Football.
    They don't have a black owner though.

  5. #35

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I donít think think it does anything at all.

    I have no issue with people doing it, but I actually think itís counter productive by causing division.
    I think it does an awful lot. I'm glad you have no issue with it but why on Earth would it cause division? I mean it's not like having a red hot poker shoved up your arse!

    Now if the slogan had been "ONLY Black Lives Matter" I'd agree with you totally. Just like if the slogan had been "ONLY White Lives Matter". So, all in all, it's a very worthwhile campaign, I'm sure you'd agree.

  6. #36

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They don't have a black owner though.
    Oh I think they do, but not African Black.

  7. #37

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have to say that reading other boards of this club a lot of those people who objecting to this knee issue are full on racists . I know several in fact and they have extreme far right views .
    I think I know exactly who you mean.

  8. #38

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They don't have a black owner though.
    Isn’t he ‘BAME‘ though, born in Malaysia.

    I’m sure that qualifies fir the current narrative.

  9. #39

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Watched the game yesterday and they mentioned it plenty of half time and full time. Tune in to SSN and they are talking it on there.

    I don't get the problem, was alright for a match when returning, even until the end of last season but are we making it an official part of the start of every match until someone says not to.

    Need to move on now , lots of folk irritated , lots of things wrong in the world.

  10. #40

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The fact some supporters would boo any attempt to highlight and promote anti racism says it all. ��

    The fact is most people that have a real problem with this are middle aged white men with fragile identity and egos.

    The sport isn't where we should raise things like this line is rubbish too. We need to raise it as a discussion point across the whole of society
    So why exactly are they doing it?

    Because of American career criminals?

    Here’s a suggestion as regards the statistical misnomer that the American police are victimising and murdering black people.

    * Don’t commit crimes

    * If you do commit crimes and the police have to address the issue, don’t resist.

    Here’s another statistical fact that doesn’t fit the current narrative. In America a police officer is 18.5 times more likely to lose their lives at the hands of a black person, as a black person is to lose their lives to a Police officer - FACT!

    Google and read a few articles in the Wall Street Journal on the subject, in June.

  11. #41

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    So why exactly are they doing it?

    Because of American career criminals?

    Hereís a suggestion as regards the statistical misnomer that the American police are victimising and murdering black people.

    * Donít commit crimes

    * If you do commit crimes and the police have to address the issue, donít resist.

    Hereís another statistical fact that doesnít fit the current narrative. In America a police officer is 18.5 times more likely to lose their lives at the hands of a black person, as a black person is to lose their lives to a Police officer - FACT!

    Google and read a few articles in the Wall Street Journal on the subject, in June.
    I don't even have the time or effort to respond to that. Just wow.

  12. #42

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I don't even have the time or effort to respond to that. Just wow.
    Educate yourself, instead of writing such garbage.

    https://www.encounterbooks.com/featu...police-racism/

  13. #43

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Educate yourself, instead of writing such garbage.

    https://www.encounterbooks.com/featu...police-racism/
    The taking a knee is to raise awareness of and to fight back against racism. What this situation does nicely is identify closet racists.

    Chooses source that backs up his bullshit and thinks he's in the right, brilliant.

  14. #44

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The taking a knee is to raise awareness of and to fight back against racism. What this situation does nicely is identify closet racists.

    Chooses source that backs up his bullshit and thinks he's in the right, brilliant.
    Brilliant response, fair play; NAIL and HEAD springs to mind.

  15. #45

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think I know exactly who you mean.
    I can't see a problem with footballers sending out the message that racism will not be forgotten about, It can go on indefinitely as far as i'm concerned. There are plenty of racists about who are a bit pissed off over it-good, that's more than enough reason the carry on.

  16. #46

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can't see a problem with footballers sending out the message that racism will not be forgotten about, It can go on indefinitely as far as i'm concerned. There are plenty of racists about who are a bit pissed off over it-good, that's more than enough reason the carry on.
    Well done Tuerto I salute you sir! Let's hope it makes all the racists squirm

  17. #47

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have to say that reading other boards of this club a lot of those people who objecting to this knee issue are full on racists . I know several in fact and they have extreme far right views .
    Is at least one from Pencoed and continually sucks up to A**is?

  18. #48

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Educate yourself, instead of writing such garbage.

    https://www.encounterbooks.com/featu...police-racism/
    Why then is a Police officer more likely to die at the hands of a black person (if what you say is correct) Is it because they're black, that's it, that simple? Maybe you need to educate yourself.

  19. #49

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Educate yourself, instead of writing such garbage.

    https://www.encounterbooks.com/featu...police-racism/
    Encounterbooks.com They're ****ing impartial......

  20. #50

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why then is a Police officer more likely to die at the hands of a black person (if what you say is correct) Is it because they're black, that's it, that simple? Maybe you need to educate yourself.
    Clearly, you have the IQ of a packet of crisps.

    The link is from part of the article from The Wall Street Journal.

    Read the full article from the WSJ which is full of facts, and will answer your question.

    Try and educate yourself, instead of being one of the sheep believing all American police are racists.

    Idiots like you backing BLM, who want to defund the Police.

  21. #51

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Clearly, you have the IQ of a packet of crisps.
    Whereas you don't.

  22. #52

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Whereas you don't.
    A caustic post from Eric the Half Wit.

    You always remind me of that old saying ‘Like being savaged by a dead sheep.’

    Stick to making those Xmas cracker Tiger Feet jokes.

    That’s your level.

  23. #53

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    So why exactly are they doing it?

    Because of American career criminals?

    Hereís a suggestion as regards the statistical misnomer that the American police are victimising and murdering black people.

    * Donít commit crimes

    * If you do commit crimes and the police have to address the issue, donít resist.

    Hereís another statistical fact that doesnít fit the current narrative. In America a police officer is 18.5 times more likely to lose their lives at the hands of a black person, as a black person is to lose their lives to a Police officer - FACT!

    Google and read a few articles in the Wall Street Journal on the subject, in June.
    When you say FACT!!! presumably what you mean is nothing of the sort!

    https://www.bloombergquint.com/gadfl...is-police-work

    In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. Like a lot of people I have become more familiar with police-violence statistics in recent weeks than I ever really wanted to be, so I knew it was extremely unlikely that 18.5 times more police officers were killed by Black men than unarmed Black men were killed by police. In recent years about 50 U.S. law enforcement officers have been ďfeloniously killedĒ annually, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, while police and sheriffís deputies have killed about 1,000 people a year, according to various sources.

  24. #54

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Clearly, you have the IQ of a packet of crisps.

    The link is from part of the article from The Wall Street Journal.

    Read the full article from the WSJ which is full of facts, and will answer your question.

    Try and educate yourself, instead of being one of the sheep believing all American police are racists.

    Idiots like you backing BLM, who want to defund the Police.
    It's still an article by one person whose book is being plugged by some right wing publishers, you utter spoon.

  25. #55

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Getting back on track to the title of the thread, taking the knee or rather NOT taking the knee will inevitably become being seen as a statement in its own right. It has become politicised just like wearing a poppy on/near Armistice Day. Notice how everyone who appears on TV news programmes from early November on will be wearing one, as not wearing one may be interpreted as being uncaring or unpatriotic.

    As someone has pointed out in an earlier post the best way to stamp out racism is not to become a racist!

  26. #56

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Clearly, you have the IQ of a packet of crisps.

    The link is from part of the article from The Wall Street Journal.

    Read the full article from the WSJ which is full of facts, and will answer your question.

    Try and educate yourself, instead of being one of the sheep believing all American police are racists.

    Idiots like you backing BLM, who want to defund the Police.
    The WSJ, the publication that contested Asbestosis as a way of attacking workers who were trying to stay alive long enough to see some compensation. Bellend.

  27. #57

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Bluebird23 is thick and a racist. Why would anyone want to waste their time debating him?

    Itís why messageboards are bad they give dick heads like this a platform. Genuinely thick, genuinely full of hate and many on this board too stupid to see they backing people him up by not being anti racist.

  28. #58

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why would you want to?

    Generally the best way of stopping racism is just by not being racist?
    Nope you need to be anti racist not just not racist yourself. By defending the rights of dickheads like bluebird23 youíre as bad as him.

  29. #59

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Was a powerful symbol of protest, now a symbol of compliance.

    I wouldn't take the knee but I support anybody who wants to (and also people who don't want to).

  30. #60

    Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Getting back on track to the title of the thread, taking the knee or rather NOT taking the knee will inevitably become being seen as a statement in its own right. It has become politicised just like wearing a poppy on/near Armistice Day. Notice how everyone who appears on TV news programmes from early November on will be wearing one, as not wearing one may be interpreted as being uncaring or unpatriotic.

    As someone has pointed out in an earlier post the best way to stamp out racism is not to become a racist!
    So the best way to have stamped out the Nazis was not to be a Nazi. Interesting theory!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •