+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

SKY are clueless, giving QPR of all teams a hard time.
    L
    This is a club that changed the historic name of their ground, to that of a murdered black youngster.

Have possibly done more than any business or football club, to help with Grenfell.

Plus, have a black Director of Football.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why would you want to?

Generally the best way of stopping racism is just by not being racist?
    Would work well if people were actually aware that they were racist. Some people think they're not racist just because they don't hate minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Which is what?
    Raising awareness. Which is its point.

If the grounds were at regular capacity’s supporters would start booing, and all this taking the knee would stop.

Reason being the vast majority of supporters already abhor racism, and don’t want this rammed down our throats week in week out, with the BLM fist in the air.

Plus, sport for many of us is about escapism, not political statements.

This will never change racism, it needs to come from the way parents bring up the children of future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    If the grounds were at regular capacity’s supporters would start booing, and all this taking the knee would stop.

Reason being the vast majority of supporters already abhor racism, and don’t want this rammed down our throats week in week out, with the BLM fist in the air.

Plus, sport for many of us is about escapism, not political statements.

This will never change racism, it needs to come from the way parents bring up the children of future generations.
    The fact some supporters would boo any attempt to highlight and promote anti racism says it all. 🙄

The fact is most people that have a real problem with this are middle aged white men with fragile identity and egos.

The sport isn't where we should raise things like this line is rubbish too. We need to raise it as a discussion point across the whole of society

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The fact some supporters would boo any attempt to highlight and promote anti racism says it all. ��

The fact is most people that have a real problem with this are middle aged white men with fragile identity and egos.

The sport isn't where we should raise things like this line is rubbish too. We need to raise it as a discussion point across the whole of society

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have to say that reading other boards of this club a lot of those people who objecting to this knee issue are full on racists . I know several in fact and they have extreme far right views .

L
    This is a club that changed the historic name of their ground, to that of a murdered black youngster.

Have possibly done more than any business or football club, to help with Grenfell.

Let’s not let the facts get in the way of a good story as the old saying goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Let’s not let the facts get in the way of a good story as the old saying goes.
    L

They don't have a black owner though.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don’t think think it does anything at all.

I have no issue with people doing it, but I actually think it’s counter productive by causing division.
    I think it does an awful lot. I'm glad you have no issue with it but why on Earth would it cause division? I mean it's not like having a red hot poker shoved up your arse!

Now if the slogan had been "ONLY Black Lives Matter" I'd agree with you totally. Just like if the slogan had been "ONLY White Lives Matter". So, all in all, it's a very worthwhile campaign, I'm sure you'd agree.

Oh I think they do, but not African Black.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have to say that reading other boards of this club a lot of those people who objecting to this knee issue are full on racists . I know several in fact and they have extreme far right views .
    I think I know exactly who you mean.

Isn’t he ‘BAME‘ though, born in Malaysia.

I’m sure that qualifies fir the current narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Watched the game yesterday and they mentioned it plenty of half time and full time. Tune in to SSN and they are talking it on there.

I don't get the problem, was alright for a match when returning, even until the end of last season but are we making it an official part of the start of every match until someone says not to.

Need to move on now , lots of folk irritated , lots of things wrong in the world.

The fact some supporters would boo any attempt to highlight and promote anti racism says it all. ��

So why exactly are they doing it?

Because of American career criminals?

Here’s a suggestion as regards the statistical misnomer that the American police are victimising and murdering black people.

* Don’t commit crimes

* If you do commit crimes and the police have to address the issue, don’t resist.

Here’s another statistical fact that doesn’t fit the current narrative. In America a police officer is 18.5 times more likely to lose their lives at the hands of a black person, as a black person is to lose their lives to a Police officer - FACT!

Google and read a few articles in the Wall Street Journal on the subject, in June.

So why exactly are they doing it?

Because of American career criminals?

Here’s a suggestion as regards the statistical misnomer that the American police are victimising and murdering black people.

* Don’t commit crimes

* If you do commit crimes and the police have to address the issue, don’t resist.

Here’s another statistical fact that doesn’t fit the current narrative. In America a police officer is 18.5 times more likely to lose their lives at the hands of a black person, as a black person is to lose their lives to a Police officer - FACT!

Google and read a few articles in the Wall Street Journal on the subject, in June.
    I don't even have the time or effort to respond to that. Just wow.

I don't even have the time or effort to respond to that. Just wow.
    Educate yourself, instead of writing such garbage.

https://www.encounterbooks.com/featu...police-racism/

The taking a knee is to raise awareness of and to fight back against racism. What this situation does nicely is identify closet racists.

Chooses source that backs up his bullshit and thinks he's in the right, brilliant.

The taking a knee is to raise awareness of and to fight back against racism. What this situation does nicely is identify closet racists.

Chooses source that backs up his bullshit and thinks he's in the right, brilliant.
    Brilliant response, fair play; NAIL and HEAD springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think I know exactly who you mean.
    I can't see a problem with footballers sending out the message that racism will not be forgotten about, It can go on indefinitely as far as i'm concerned. There are plenty of racists about who are a bit pissed off over it-good, that's more than enough reason the carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can't see a problem with footballers sending out the message that racism will not be forgotten about, It can go on indefinitely as far as i'm concerned. There are plenty of racists about who are a bit pissed off over it-good, that's more than enough reason the carry on.
    Well done Tuerto I salute you sir! Let's hope it makes all the racists squirm

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is at least one from Pencoed and continually sucks up to A**is?

Why then is a Police officer more likely to die at the hands of a black person (if what you say is correct) Is it because they're black, that's it, that simple? Maybe you need to educate yourself.

Encounterbooks.com They're ****ing impartial......

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why then is a Police officer more likely to die at the hands of a black person (if what you say is correct) Is it because they're black, that's it, that simple? Maybe you need to educate yourself.
    Clearly, you have the IQ of a packet of crisps.

The link is from part of the article from The Wall Street Journal.

Read the full article from the WSJ which is full of facts, and will answer your question.

Try and educate yourself, instead of being one of the sheep believing all American police are racists.

Idiots like you backing BLM, who want to defund the Police.