+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Clearly, you have the IQ of a packet of crisps.
    Whereas you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Whereas you don't.
    A caustic post from Eric the Half Wit.

You always remind me of that old saying ‘Like being savaged by a dead sheep.’

Stick to making those Xmas cracker Tiger Feet jokes.

That’s your level.

So why exactly are they doing it?

Because of American career criminals?

Here’s a suggestion as regards the statistical misnomer that the American police are victimising and murdering black people.

* Don’t commit crimes

* If you do commit crimes and the police have to address the issue, don’t resist.

Here’s another statistical fact that doesn’t fit the current narrative. In America a police officer is 18.5 times more likely to lose their lives at the hands of a black person, as a black person is to lose their lives to a Police officer - FACT!

Google and read a few articles in the Wall Street Journal on the subject, in June.
    When you say FACT!!! presumably what you mean is nothing of the sort!

https://www.bloombergquint.com/gadfl...is-police-work

In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. Like a lot of people I have become more familiar with police-violence statistics in recent weeks than I ever really wanted to be, so I knew it was extremely unlikely that 18.5 times more police officers were killed by Black men than unarmed Black men were killed by police. In recent years about 50 U.S. law enforcement officers have been “feloniously killed” annually, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, while police and sheriff’s deputies have killed about 1,000 people a year, according to various sources.

The link is from part of the article from The Wall Street Journal.

Read the full article from the WSJ which is full of facts, and will answer your question.

Try and educate yourself, instead of being one of the sheep believing all American police are racists.

Idiots like you backing BLM, who want to defund the Police.
    It's still an article by one person whose book is being plugged by some right wing publishers, you utter spoon.

Getting back on track to the title of the thread, taking the knee or rather NOT taking the knee will inevitably become being seen as a statement in its own right. It has become politicised just like wearing a poppy on/near Armistice Day. Notice how everyone who appears on TV news programmes from early November on will be wearing one, as not wearing one may be interpreted as being uncaring or unpatriotic.

As someone has pointed out in an earlier post the best way to stamp out racism is not to become a racist!

Read the full article from the WSJ which is full of facts, and will answer your question.

Try and educate yourself, instead of being one of the sheep believing all American police are racists.

The WSJ, the publication that contested Asbestosis as a way of attacking workers who were trying to stay alive long enough to see some compensation. Bellend.

Bluebird23 is thick and a racist. Why would anyone want to waste their time debating him?

It’s why messageboards are bad they give dick heads like this a platform. Genuinely thick, genuinely full of hate and many on this board too stupid to see they backing people him up by not being anti racist.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why would you want to?

Generally the best way of stopping racism is just by not being racist?
    Nope you need to be anti racist not just not racist yourself. By defending the rights of dickheads like bluebird23 you’re as bad as him.

Was a powerful symbol of protest, now a symbol of compliance.

I wouldn't take the knee but I support anybody who wants to (and also people who don't want to).

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Getting back on track to the title of the thread, taking the knee or rather NOT taking the knee will inevitably become being seen as a statement in its own right. It has become politicised just like wearing a poppy on/near Armistice Day. Notice how everyone who appears on TV news programmes from early November on will be wearing one, as not wearing one may be interpreted as being uncaring or unpatriotic.

As someone has pointed out in an earlier post the best way to stamp out racism is not to become a racist!
    So the best way to have stamped out the Nazis was not to be a Nazi. Interesting theory!

Do you think your mate trump is doing a good job ?

So why exactly are they doing it?

Because of American career criminals?

Here’s a suggestion as regards the statistical misnomer that the American police are victimising and murdering black people.

* Don’t commit crimes

* If you do commit crimes and the police have to address the issue, don’t resist.

Here’s another statistical fact that doesn’t fit the current narrative. In America a police officer is 18.5 times more likely to lose their lives at the hands of a black person, as a black person is to lose their lives to a Police officer - FACT!

Google and read a few articles in the Wall Street Journal on the subject, in June.
    Black people get killed by the police during routine traffic stops. Or just living in their apartments. Walking down the stairs. Or hanging out in the park. How is anyone supposed to "don't do that"? You know what black people don't do in this country? Call the cops when they're in peril. Because they know it could be them that gets hurt or worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...ilando_Castile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...Breonna_Taylor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...iana_Jefferson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...#Stephon_Clark

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tamir_Rice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder...am_Jean#Victim

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...Alton_Sterling

https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aj...mes/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...ey#Akai_Gurley

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...an-vice-versa/

By Jason L. Riley, who’s a black man.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/no-poli...ic-11592952420

Let's not forget that this all started over a career criminal who died in police custody due to "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression", and what the media often neglect to mention is that his toxicology report shows a high dosage of fentanyl and meth, in addition to his previously-existing heart condition. Was the knee on the neck excessive? Sure. Was it the sole factor which resulted in his death? Nah.

The American media latched on to it and made it in to a story about racism where there's zero evidence for it and has set race relations back by decades. Also, unless they make a political conviction out of the police officer, he'll never get sent down for murder, probably manslaughter or negligence (as they definitely could've handled the situation better). As you can see, Floyd says "I can't breathe" when sat upright in the back of a police car and asked to be put on the ground:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSw...nnel=DailyMail

(the fact that the above video footage was "leaked" and not officially released is very telling...)

And then we have the laughable comments from those who think "DuRRrRrrR mUh RaCIsTs!" if people object to a gesture that, to some degree, shows underlying affiliation with a political organisation that campaigns to smash capitalism, defund the police, and abolish the "Western-prescribed nuclear family structure", and that was founded by self-proclaimed "trained Marxists". Before anyone accuses me of being "MuH RiGHt-WiNg SnOWfLAkE!!", this information was to be found on BLM's own website (although, they seemed to have recently removed this information, but screenshots still exist).

In addition to which, I can't fathom why such an organisation would make martyrs out of career criminals who die resisting arrest and being non-compliant with police and encourage rioting/looting, but black lives such as ex-cop David Dorn, 8 year-old Secoriea Turner or 1 year-old Davell Gardner get very little recognition in comparison (plus many more, all who died after Floyd or as a result of Floyd protests). But these were black people killed by other black people, so I guess their lives didn't matter as much because they didn't fit the "oppression" narrative. So, at the very least, BLM semantically is a bit of a jumble.

Could it be that the BLM movement has been co-opted by radical far-leftists who couldn't give any less of a crap about black lives? You decide.

But hey, kneel away.

(TL;DR: racism is bad and still exists but not as much as the media want it to, media sucks balls, let's try and be nicer to each other, media sucks even more balls)

The Myth of Systemic Police Racism

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myt...sm-11591119883

Why are there three threads on the go, all started yesterday, on this subject?

I can see both sides of the argument regarding whether the taking the knee gesture should continue before games, but have no problem with it doing so if the authorities are okay with that. The one thing which has surprised me in the time since the George Floyd death is why some, who swear they aren't racists, are so against gestures of support towards racial tolerance and equality?

Do they still play the national anthem before games in America or is it now limited to films and TV? If they do, I can't help feeling that those in that country having problems with sportsmen and women taking the knee before they play/compete would be up in arms if there were people proposing that the practice of playing the National Anthem be stopped.

If you haven't already, read Thomas Sowell on this issue. I used to buy in to the "systemic racism" idea until I read his work on this topic, but now I question it a lot more. The man is a marvel.

When all this taking the knee stuff started I was having a chat with a mate and said didnt get it as apart from a tiny minority I didn't think there was a racism issue in this country.

Well Its woken me up reading messageboards on how wrong I was. Some of the things ive read (on another site) are behond belief.

People cant or wont differentiate between supporting the Black Lives Matter principle and the actual Black Lives Movement Group.

If taking the knee upsets them then long may it continue.

Maybe I’m sheltered in suburban wales, but I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen or heard something racist.

Is the UK actually full of hidden racists?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    So the best way to have stamped out the Nazis was not to be a Nazi. Interesting theory!
    Of course. If no-one apart from Hitler and a few of his fanatical followers had become Nazis then there would be nothing to stamp out. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Let's not forget that this all started over a career criminal who died in police custody due to "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression", and what the media often neglect to mention is that his toxicology report shows a high dosage of fentanyl and meth, in addition to his previously-existing heart condition. Was the knee on the neck excessive? Sure. Was it the sole factor which resulted in his death? Nah.

The American media latched on to it and made it in to a story about racism where there's zero evidence for it and has set race relations back by decades. Also, unless they make a political conviction out of the police officer, he'll never get sent down for murder, probably manslaughter or negligence (as they definitely could've handled the situation better). As you can see, Floyd says "I can't breathe" when sat upright in the back of a police car and asked to be put on the ground:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSw...nnel=DailyMail

(the fact that the above video footage was "leaked" and not officially released is very telling...)

And then we have the laughable comments from those who think "DuRRrRrrR mUh RaCIsTs!" if people object to a gesture that, to some degree, shows underlying affiliation with a political organisation that campaigns to smash capitalism, defund the police, and abolish the "Western-prescribed nuclear family structure", and that was founded by self-proclaimed "trained Marxists". Before anyone accuses me of being "MuH RiGHt-WiNg SnOWfLAkE!!", this information was to be found on BLM's own website (although, they seemed to have recently removed this information, but screenshots still exist).

In addition to which, I can't fathom why such an organisation would make martyrs out of career criminals who die resisting arrest and being non-compliant with police and encourage rioting/looting, but black lives such as ex-cop David Dorn, 8 year-old Secoriea Turner or 1 year-old Davell Gardner get very little recognition in comparison (plus many more, all who died after Floyd or as a result of Floyd protests). But these were black people killed by other black people, so I guess their lives didn't matter as much because they didn't fit the "oppression" narrative. So, at the very least, BLM semantically is a bit of a jumble.

Could it be that the BLM movement has been co-opted by radical far-leftists who couldn't give any less of a crap about black lives? You decide.

But hey, kneel away.

(TL;DR: racism is bad and still exists but not as much as the media want it to, media sucks balls, let's try and be nicer to each other, media sucks even more balls)
    I have decided

You are a bit right wing

Actually very

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    If you haven't already, read Thomas Sowell on this issue. I used to buy in to the "systemic racism" idea until I read his work on this topic, but now I question it a lot more. The man is a marvel.
    hes a right wing libertarian and as you are right wing then you would agree with him

A lot of black people think he's a stooge

you are not a racist but you are against a symbol of protest about racism and inequality

OK then

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    When all this taking the knee stuff started I was having a chat with a mate and said didnt get it as apart from a tiny minority I didn't think there was a racism issue in this country.

Well Its woken me up reading messageboards on how wrong I was. Some of the things ive read (on another site) are behond belief.

People cant or wont differentiate between supporting the Black Lives Matter principle and the actual Black Lives Movement Group.

If taking the knee upsets them then long may it continue.
    fight the power

The level of racism on some other cardiff city sites is like being in with a gang of Millwall fans from 1980

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Maybe I’m sheltered in suburban wales, but I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen or heard something racist.

Is the UK actually full of hidden racists?
    yep