+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone e-mailed City about not being allowed to watch matches?

Has anyone e-mailed City about not being allowed to watch matches?

I did on Monday and then again yesterday - to date, I've not even had an acknowledgement from them. In the past when I've had to get in touch with the club by e-mail, they've tended to get back to me pretty quickly, so I'm wondering if, perhaps, I'm sending my messages to the wrong address? I'm using

cardifftvsupport@streamamg.com

is that right?

Re: Has anyone e-mailed City about not being allowed to watch matches?

I sent an email to that address and got a reply the next day.

Mine was an easy question though so maybe that's why? I just wanted to know if the game was being shown on Cardiff City TV in Singapore and then they sent me all of the available countries where it is being shown, Singapore not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Mine was an easy question though so maybe that's why? I just wanted to know if the game was being shown on Cardiff City TV in Singapore and then they sent me all of the available countries where it is being shown, Singapore not one of them.
    Thanks, I'm not concerned about today's game because I can watch that on Sky, but it'll be different in a week's time.

No prob, hope it gets sorted

I tend to find the club are pretty useless at this sort of thing. I contacted them when the season ticket issue arose and got replies whatsoever after i contacted them about three times. I rang last week re the streaming, actually got through, and was told they could immediately set it up for me and there was no cost. I asked if they would cut my credit for next year if I took out the streaming package. She confirmed it would be, so i felt they were deliberately trying to mislead me so i declined. It's not the same watching football without the crowds is it? Rado Wales and bloody Kevin Ratcliffe for me today!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I tend to find the club are pretty useless at this sort of thing. I contacted them when the season ticket issue arose and got replies whatsoever after i contacted them about three times. I rang last week re the streaming, actually got through, and was told they could immediately set it up for me and there was no cost. I asked if they would cut my credit for next year if I took out the streaming package. She confirmed it would be, so i felt they were deliberately trying to mislead me so i declined. It's not the same watching football without the crowds is it? Rado Wales and bloody Kevin Ratcliffe for me today!
    Why on earth would they deliberately try to mislead you or anyone. You really have got a chip on your shoulder. How would you like it if someone continually criticised the work that you do and accused you of being dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why on earth would they deliberately try to mislead you or anyone. You really have got a chip on your shoulder. How would you like it if someone continually criticised the work that you do and accused you of being dishonest.
    It seems to me you are the one who has a chip on his shoulder and always chips in to slate other people.

I have not continually criticised the club, but when I ring up and ask the question "There's no charge for this is there?" and the person on the other end says "No", then that is a pretty clear cut answer. So when i ask "Does this affect my season ticket credit for missed games? the answer was "Yes, by £10". So your question is correct , why indeed would the club try and mislead anyone? But that's what happened. I am not sure if it is deliberate or maybe someone who didn't explain themselves clearly. Two of my mates had the same problem when they enquired. My view is that the info was misleading. Doesn't mean it was dishonest,, as I say it could have been a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    For profit or gain. The same reason anyone else would deliberately mislead.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I did on Monday and then again yesterday - to date, I've not even had an acknowledgement from them. In the past when I've had to get in touch with the club by e-mail, they've tended to get back to me pretty quickly, so I'm wondering if, perhaps, I'm sending my messages to the wrong address? I'm using

is that right?
    I mailed the above address on Saturday as I couldn’t get the match.
    I received an automated reply that wasn’t helpful
    Finally through to Ticket Office on Thursday. I was asked to mail the streaming address again which I immediately did.
    No response.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I mailed the above address on Saturday as I couldn’t get the match.
    I received an automated reply that wasn’t helpful
    Finally through to Ticket Office on Thursday. I was asked to mail the streaming address again which I immediately did.
    No response.
    I got a reply on Saturday, a day after my second e-mail, which, essentially, suggested it was my fault!

The small amount of feedback here and from two or three others I know of who contacted the club after being denied the chance to watch the Sheffield Wednesday match suggest that I've been lucky to have got a response from them even though it was of little use - nine days after the game we were not able to watch, it appears that nothing whatsoever has been done about the situation by those charged to sort things like this out, it's hard to have too much faith in them doing that in the five days before we next play.

I got a reply yesterday to my email a week ago Saturday when I couldn’t get the stream to work for the Wednesday game. It just sent me a link again to the website which was not much use and even less use 10 days after the game had finished! I did manage to get it to work on my laptop eventually so saw 70 minutes of the game. It wouldn’t work on my smart tv ( it says it won’t in the small print but it did last season).

Not a great customer service to a live event.

The fee of £10 I have less of an issue with. I bought my season ticket to support my club, if they deduct £10 from the credit so I can watch the game on TV then that’s fine - just make sure it works!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I got a reply yesterday to my email a week ago Saturday when I couldn’t get the stream to work for the Wednesday game. It just sent me a link again to the website which was not much use and even less use 10 days after the game had finished! I did manage to get it to work on my laptop eventually so saw 70 minutes of the game. It wouldn’t work on my smart tv ( it says it won’t in the small print but it did last season).

Not a great customer service to a live event.

The fee of £10 I have less of an issue with. I bought my season ticket to support my club, if they deduct £10 from the credit so I can watch the game on TV then that’s fine - just make sure it works!
    Never had a problem with the app, opens up and plays immediately

is that right?
    I emailed them the day of the first game and again on Friday. No response yet.

cardifftvsupport@streamamg.com was who I emailed copied from the webpage.

I had the same issues as you on matchday 1.

I got a reply on Saturday, a day after my second e-mail, which, essentially, suggested it was my fault!

The small amount of feedback here and from two or three others I know of who contacted the club after being denied the chance to watch the Sheffield Wednesday match suggest that I've been lucky to have got a response from them even though it was of little use - nine days after the game we were not able to watch, it appears that nothing whatsoever has been done about the situation by those charged to sort things like this out, it's hard to have too much faith in them doing that in the five days before we next play.
    Have they rectified it for you now?

I received the following reply today.
    No. Not helpful.

Hi,

To read the full 2020/21 Season Tickets | Streaming Vouchers & Credit article on the Clubs website, please click on the link below.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ouchers-credit

If you are yet to receive your code you will need to contact the club directly and can do so via the link below - tickets@cardiffcityfc.co.uk

You can redeem your voucher via the link below:
    https://cardiffpayments.streamamg.co...register/step1

I hope the above is useful to you.

Kind regards,

No. Not helpful.

Hi,

To read the full 2020/21 Season Tickets | Streaming Vouchers & Credit article on the Clubs website, please click on the link below.

If you are yet to receive your code you will need to contact the club directly and can do so via the link below - tickets@cardiffcityfc.co.uk

Kind regards,
    Is there a chance you didn’t use the site/links correctly? It appears only a handful of fans couldn’t access the game which would suggest a user error rather than an issue on the clubs website.

Not having a go, it’s not the easiest of sites.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Is there a chance you didn’t use the site/links correctly? It appears only a handful of fans couldn’t access the game which would suggest a user error rather than an issue on the clubs website.

I redeemed the voucher which it said was successful. I then clicked on the live tv link and it said I needed a subscription.

It was exactly how I did it last year.

Probably did balls it up though.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

I sent them screen shots of my fan number, of the code and showing that the new code was approved and of the message saying that I needed to subscribe. It worked perfectly well last season.

My issue now is the very poor communication from them. I will try again tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone who couldn't watch the Sheffield Wednesday has received a satisfactory explanation as to why this was from the club. I certainly haven't, I replied to the message I got on Saturday the following day and have not even had an acknowledgement again, so am currently in a situation where I'm becoming resigned to not being able to watch the Reading match.

When you think about it, that is a disgrace, considering that people have spent hundreds of pounds by getting season tickets when there was no guarantee that they would be able to attend a single game this year and now they cannot provide the alternative coverage (at £10 per game) and, apparently, are not too bothered about that now they have got our money.

My situation is exactly the same as Harry Paget Flashman both in terms of the messages I got when I tried to watch the game and how I did exactly the same as last season when I had no problem watching post lockdown matches at all - I've even tried to redeem the voucher I was given again and was told that I couldn't do that because it has already been used.

Just wondering if anyone who couldn't watch the Sheffield Wednesday has received a satisfactory explanation as to why this was from the club. I certainly haven't, I replied to the message I got on Saturday the following day and have not even had an acknowledgement again, so am currently in a situation where I'm becoming resigned to not being able to watch the Reading match.

When you think about it, that is a disgrace, considering that people have spent hundreds of pounds by getting season tickets when there was no guarantee that they would be able to attend a single game this year and now they cannot provide the alternative coverage (at £10 per game) and, apparently, are not too bothered about that now they have got our money.

My situation is exactly the same as Harry Paget Flashman both in terms of the messages I got when I tried to watch the game and how I did exactly the same as last season when I had no problem watching post lockdown matches at all - I've even tried to redeem the voucher I was given again and was told that I couldn't do that because it has already been used.
    Bob have you tried to get onto the video extras?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bob have you tried to get onto the video extras?
    Not sure I know what you mean by video extras. I can watch all the highlights and features on previous matches and I watched the live pictures of the Under 23 match on Tuesday. I've also just checked my Bluebirds club account profile and all of the details on there are correct.

No. Not helpful.

Hi,

Kind regards,
    That’s the reply I also received a few days ago to my query which was different to your and TOBW issue. So nobody reads the emails, they just send out a standard response referring you to the original website about 10 days after the live event - not great customer service is it!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    That’s the reply I also received a few days ago to my query which was different to your and TOBW issue. So nobody reads the emails, they just send out a standard response referring you to the original website about 10 days after the live event - not great customer service is it!
    I'm going to try ringing them in a minute. I have no great expectations of getting anywhere, but I've got to try something as, so far, four e-mails to them have produced just the one, unhelpful, reply.

I'm going to try ringing them in a minute. I have no great expectations of getting anywhere, but I've got to try something as, so far, four e-mails to them have produced just the one, unhelpful, reply.
    This is the reply I received ...

Hi,

You are only required to redeem your voucher code once.
    Once it has been redeemed it is activated on your account.

Please see the below link - https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/live, this stream will be live 15 minutes before kick off.

You can login to other devices uses the email address used to redeem the voucher, however please ensure you log out of all other devices before you do so.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

--
    Dunc M

.... so I replied stating that he had not understood my email properly or even read it correctly. So we’ll see whether it works at 3pm today!