+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Elephant In The Room

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    My bad, sorry I didn't know this had to be done until racism is fixed. Where does it say that ?
    Everywhere really, the entire movement is about drawing attention to systematic racism so that changes can happen, none of which has happened yet.

Of course, another way of looking at it is that yes yes we've done our little flurry of pretending to care now let's go back to normal, up you get lads, point's been made, time to move on

Also, it's "taking a knee". This is not ****ing Game Of Thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Everywhere really, the entire movement is about drawing attention to systematic racism so that changes can happen, none of which has happened yet.

Of course, another way of looking at it is that yes yes we've done our little flurry of pretending to care now let's go back to normal, up you get lads, point's been made, time to move on
    So, it doesn't say that anywhere does it ? ie: "Sports people must take the knee until, racism is fixed". Your disrespect to the actions by sportsmen and the like with their 'little flurry of pretending to care' speaks volumes. I'm not racist and nor are you, you just have a different opinion on whether this should continue, but your suggestion that this should be obligatory until racism is fixed, is simply your opinion and of course others, I have a different opinion, also along with others.

Your original reply (an edit of my original post) is akin to a television interview being edited just to display wrong doing or guilt to a party.

So, it doesn't say that anywhere does it ? ie: "Sports people must take the knee until, racism is fixed". Your disrespect to the actions by sportsmen and the like with their 'little flurry of pretending to care' speaks volumes. I'm not racist and nor are you, you just have a different opinion on whether this should continue, but your suggestion that this should be obligatory until racism is fixed, is simply your opinion and of course others, I have a different opinion, also along with others.

Your original reply (an edit of my original post) is akin to a television interview being edited just to display wrong doing or guilt to a party.
    That's a bit it dramatic isn't it, considering your original post was 3 posts above and literally everyone in the thread would have read it.

Also I was talking about you with the "little flurry of pretending to care" not the sportsmen. You just want things to get back to normal, because for you normal is totally fine. The whole point of BLM is to highlight the fact that "normal" isn't fine for a lot of people and that if we continue to ignore that we're perpetuating racism.

You might not be racist in the sense that you dislike, look down or wish ill on black people but wanting things to go back to normal, protests to stop etc and saying stuff like "point made, of course blm but time to move on" doesn't paint you in a very sympathetic light.

Rather than ask the slightly trite question that I asked maybe I should have just asked this one - why have YOU decided it's time to move on? What's happened? Or is it that you don't want to see it anymore and want things to get back to how you want them to be?

That's a bit it dramatic isn't it, considering your original post was 3 posts above and literally everyone in the thread would have read it.

Also I was talking about you with the "little flurry of pretending to care" not the sportsmen. You just want things to get back to normal, because for you normal is totally fine. The whole point of BLM is to highlight the fact that "normal" isn't fine for a lot of people and that if we continue to ignore that we're perpetuating racism.

You might not be racist in the sense that you dislike, look down or wish ill on black people but wanting things to go back to normal, protests to stop etc and saying stuff like "point made, of course blm but time to move on" doesn't paint you in a very sympathetic light.

Rather than ask the slightly trite question that I asked maybe I should have just asked this one - why have YOU decided it's time to move on? What's happened? Or is it that you don't want to see it anymore and want things to get back to how you want them to be?
    WOW.... You could pick a fight in an empty room. Just for you, here you go:

I dont have a racist bone in my body, the fact that you cast that sort of aspersion disgusts me.

My post was about my opinion, inviting the opinion of others on Taking A Knee Continuing, NOT RACISM CONTINUING, but that didn't fit in with your agenda.

WOW.... You could pick a fight in an empty room. Just for you, here you go:

I dont have a racist bone in my body, the fact that you cast that sort of aspersion disgusts me.

My post was about my opinion, inviting the opinion of others on Taking A Knee Continuing, NOT RACISM CONTINUING, but that didn't fit in with your agenda.
    You said the point's been made and it's time to move on from the taking the knee, I asked you what's changed to make you think it's time to move on

You said the point's been made and it's time to move on from the taking the knee, I asked you what's changed to make you think it's time to move on
    Time for both of us to be adult on this and agree to disagree, from this thread and those that have contributed it would seem that I'm in the minority in thinking it should stop, but that of course isn't necessarily a true reflection of generic opinion.

What is disappointing is those that want to slate others, including me for having a different opinion. I think we are all in unison on wanting racism to stop, but my opinion is that taking a knee has shown the support, care and empathy that every one has for anti racism and BLM but what I don't believe is taking a knee on an on going basis will fix, or have any influence on racism continuing.

I also understand that others have the opposite opinion. Maybe others contributing to this thread (if any) could give their opinion on why it should or shouldn't continue without turning this in to a 'mud slinging' and therefore respecting differing opinions. I was guilty and naive of not outlining my thoughts behind my comments in my original post.

International

But it turns bad when people get slagged off if they don't do it. It should be a personal thing, not something that someone 'has to do' to avoid getting pilloried in the press or social media.