+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking A Knee

Taking A Knee

Re: Taking A Knee

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53385203

attacks on emergency workers*still rising even after Thursdays clap where are we as a society we need to consider all victims 😔

Nicely dressed up-What's your point? This is your way of saying that Taking a knee is bullshit, isn't it?

I think he's saying "all lives matter", which is just another way to not acknowledge racial injustice.

But I can't be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think he's saying "all lives matter", which is just another way to not acknowledge racial injustice.

But I can't be sure.
    I think that he's comparing abuse in the workplace with systemic violence towards a group of people, due to their skin colour. Basically, he's sort of referencing the Health and Safety at Work act, i think. As for the Murder of Jews by the Nazis, well, there was some progress on that front. Germany was annexed and occupied with a depleted military and the geneva convention was brought into play which meant that countries that signed up to it, had to take refugees and those fleeing persecution. Although Anti Semitism and hate towards the jewish community still exists-At least LOM is an advocate for those who are seeking refuge in our country-Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that he's comparing abuse in the workplace with systemic violence towards a group of people, due to their skin colour. Basically, he's sort of referencing the Health and Safety at Work act, i think. As for the Murder of Jews by the Nazis, well, there was some progress on that front. Germany was annexed and occupied with a depleted military and the geneva convention was brought into play which meant that countries that signed up to it, had to take refugees and those fleeing persecution. Although Anti Semitism and hate towards the jewish community still exists-At least LOM is an advocate for those who are seeking refuge in our country-Good man.
    It's a bit like interpreting the paintings of Van Gogh just before he cut off his ear but your guess is as good as anyone's when Jack Daniels is in full swing I suppose.

Anyone else trying to decipher we have two posts. One of a despicable massacre of Jews by the Nazis a and the other an old BBC report suggesting the current government will legislate for higher penal crimes against anyone assaulting emergency workers.

The crime of genocide and the second post about crimes against emergency workers I presume are a juxtaposition to the crimes that led to people having enough and taking a knee.

As he started the thread perhaps he could clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's a bit like interpreting the paintings of Van Gogh just before he cut off his ear but your guess is as good as anyone's when Jack Daniels is in full swing I suppose.

Anyone else trying to decipher we have two posts. One of a despicable massacre of Jews by the Nazis a and the other an old BBC report suggesting the current government will legislate for higher penal crimes against anyone assaulting emergency workers.

The crime of genocide and the second post about crimes against emergency workers I presume are a juxtaposition to the crimes that led to people having enough and taking a knee.

As he started the thread perhaps he could clarify?
    I don't know what LOM is attempting, rarely do i understand what his point is. I'd get more clarification out of a bowl of Alphabet soup.

It's common place these days It seems. Even posters like Nugent who have made racist remarks on football forums numerous times, regularly take the knee these days. Although his is usually done in the toilets on Clapham common.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    It's common place these days It seems. Even posters like Nugent who have made racist remarks on football forums numerous times, regularly take the knee these days. Although his is usually done in the toilets on Clapham common.
    Ha ha, very good

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Ha ha, very good

You're quite right of course Dorcus. It's not a subject to make light of. Racism is abhorrent in all it's forms, and if some people feel they want to kneel down so that other people can see that they do indeed recognise that racism is abhorrent, then I think they should do and people shouldn't get cross about it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53385203

attacks on emergency workers*still rising even after Thursdays clap where are we as a society we need to consider all victims ��
    you're a very special person and don't let anyone tell you different

You're quite right of course Dorcus. It's not a subject to make light of. Racism is abhorrent in all it's forms, and if some people feel they want to kneel down so that other people can see that they do indeed recognise that racism is abhorrent, then I think they should do and people shouldn't get cross about it.
    Agreed Joe

Good to see LoM come out as a racist finally

No comment on the 33,000 Ukrainian Jews killed in 48 hrs , just suggestions of racism , I wonder what description that act in Ukrainian falls into . ??

No comment on the 33,000 Ukrainian Jews killed in 48 hrs , just suggestions of racism , I wonder what description that act in Ukrainian falls into . ??
    I'm not sure I understand you LOM, what's the death of 33,000 Ukrainian Jews got to do with taking the knee, or paradoxically has it got everything to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nicely dressed up-What's your point? This is your way of saying that Taking a knee is bullshit, isn't it?
    Yes, its all bollocks.

This reminds me of the Burnley “white lives matter”.

Very infantile and slightly worrying.

Why couldn’t this poster just post a thread on this event in the Ukraine without comparing it to BLM ? Does an injustice to both. V offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Yes, its all bollocks.
    Alf Garnett is back

I think you will find its hampstead heath

And that place on the M4 where Ron Davies was looking for badgers

And the toilets at bridgend train station

I have connections

Have some of that

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

But I can't be sure.
    bingo

There is a builder near me , always been a screaming racist , posted all lives matter on his Facebook page like someone on Crystal meth this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    This reminds me of the Burnley “white lives matter”.

Very infantile and slightly worrying.

Why couldn’t this poster just post a thread on this event in the Ukraine without comparing it to BLM ? Does an injustice to both. V offensive.
    indeed

Ethnic cleansing ?

Genocide ?

The white settlers did it to the red indians

The white Australians did it to the aborigines

The Russian Red army did it to millions of Jews and Polish people as they forced the nazis back

working class lives matter, you are all idiots for believing the Marxist bull being promoted by the billionaire class you could not be more wrong on this so called injustice campaign, wake up and smell the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn44 View Post
    working class lives matter, you are all idiots for believing the Marxist bull being promoted by the billionaire class you could not be more wrong on this so called injustice campaign, wake up and smell the coffee.
    What the hell has racism got to do with whether you're working class or not?