+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VARce at Old Trafford

VARce at Old Trafford

WTF is going on with this penalty

very dubious to award it but can just about accept it diverted off his hand.

Then it was saved with Ayew's soft spot kick but VAR then said De Gea was about 1cm off his line and ordered a retake.

So then they change the taker to Zaha who scores.

To award it in the fist place was harsh, to make them retake it was ridiculous and then to allow them to change the taker was a farce.

Re: VARce at Old Trafford

The clown is, working his magic again.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    WTF is going on with this penalty

very dubious to award it but can just about accept it diverted off his hand.

Then it was saved with Ayew's soft spot kick but VAR then said De Gea was about 1cm off his line and ordered a retake.

So then they change the taker to Zaha who scores.

To award it in the fist place was harsh, to make them retake it was ridiculous and then to allow them to change the taker was a farce.
    A series of dreadful decisions Mike but I'm sure youd agree Palace is far the better team

Usually I'd love to see a penalty given against Man United, but that was ridiculous - never a penalty and there'll be no penalties saved if that is the criteria they are using now.

Watching the last few episodes of the Spurs All or Nothing this week, there was a reminder of the barmy decision to disallow their goal at Sheffield United for handball - the current laws regarding handball are just plain wrong.

I think Var got it correct on both occasions.
    It's just people don't like the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I think Var got it correct on both occasions.
    It's just people don't like the outcome.
    Seconded

Ball diverted into goalkeepers hands, so that’s an advantage to the defending team.

As for off his line, we’ll it Manure, init

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Seconded

Ball diverted into goalkeepers hands, so that’s an advantage to the defending team.

As for off his line, we’ll it Manure, init
    Would have loved bacon face to still have been their manager yesterday, he’d have most probably self combusted

The Gabriel incident in the West Ham match and the Southampton Penalty today just shows how ridiculous the current handball rule is and VAR is highlighting how bad it is.