+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keiffer Moore announces himself as Cardiff City break Nottingham Forest club record!

Keiffer Moore announces himself as Cardiff City break Nottingham Forest club record!

Re: Keiffer Moore announces himself as Cardiff City break Nottingham Forest club record!

Great write up as always, Bob.

In response to your question about winning 6 consecutive aways at the same club, I have some info, thinking of that 7 game unbeaten run at Bristol City.

We're currently 6 games unbeaten at Barnsley, winning 5 with one 0-0 in April 2017 (current streak is 2 successive wins).
    We drew 6 on the trot at Burnley from 2008!
    We are 6 unbeaten at Carlisle, winning 4.
    We were unbeaten in our first 7 trips to Chesterfield, winning 5.
    We're unbeaten in our last 7 trips to Coventry, winning 4.
    We're unbeaten in our last 6 visits to Huddersfield, winning 3.
    We went 9 unbeaten at Hull between 1967-77, but only won 2 with 7 successive draws.
    We went 8 unbeaten at Leeds between 1985-2015, winning 5 of the last 6.

In terms of successive wins, 6 is easily our best. We've only managed 4 successive away wins at 3 other clubs - Derby, Stoke and Oldham.

Re: Keiffer Moore announces himself as Cardiff City break Nottingham Forest club record!

Interesting as always Eric.
    Whilst nowadays with no crowds the advantage in playing at home is marginal, our record at Forest is remarkable.
    I was really confident before the game, even more so when I checked and found that the ref had officiated in 3 of our games last season. All of which we had won without conceding.
    Wish I was a betting man!

It’s probably been mentioned elsewhere but I’ve just realised we lost our 22 game undefeated run against Yorkshire sides last week.

Edit - Well, the 22 game run will always be there, but you know what I mean like.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It’s probably been mentioned elsewhere but I’ve just realised we lost our 22 game undefeated run against Yorkshire sides last week.

Edit - Well, the 22 game run will always be there, but you know what I mean like.
    That's a good stat. Hadn't seen that before.
    I think in part if reflects, two Prem relegations apart, the decent top half of table Championship team we have been over last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    That's a good stat. Hadn't seen that before.
    I think in part if reflects, two Prem relegations apart, the decent top half of table Championship team we have been over last 20 years.
    That was a new stat for me as well - I've not checked it, but I think Huddersfield were the only Yorkshire team in the Premier League in 18/19 weren't they?

Thanks to Eric as well for those stats, I thought it would take ages for anybody to confirm that our six consecutive wins were a club record.

Definite lack of Yorkshire clubs in the Premier League, huge county yet little football success over the years.

Thank goodness there was no unrest in the dressing room this week

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Definite lack of Yorkshire clubs in the Premier League, huge county yet little football success over the years.
    You just watch Harrogate zoom up the leagues !!