+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keiffer Moore No Crowd Pressures

Keiffer Moore No Crowd Pressures

Over the years many strikers have suffered from not hitting the net early on in their club career, that can create fan and media pressure, followed by the players anxiety building up , we then see desperate goal attempts , from that pressure , perhaps the ' ' no crowd' situation is affording Moore an easier settling in period or one with less pressure 🤔

Re: Keiffer Moore No Crowd Pressures

If Moore missed any of those chances yesterday he should never play football again.

The defending was not even league 2 standard at the set pieces

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Over the years many strikers have suffered from not hitting the net early on in their club career, that can create fan and media pressure, followed by the players anxiety building up , we then see desperate goal attempts , from that pressure , perhaps the ' ' no crowd' situation is affording Moore an easier settling in period or one with less pressure 🤔
    I reckon the players are loving it. Nice bit of training in the week then can concentrate on one way on the weekend without thousands of people shouting at them. Sounds ideal

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If Moore missed any of those chances yesterday he should never play football again.
    Grabban's was easier and I cant see him hanging up his boots any time soon

Regarding the OP, I think there is something in it if a player doesn't get off the mark early.
    Moore doesn't look like that would faze him to me, he looks the part in the box and out.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Grabban's was easier and I cant see him hanging up his boots any time soon

Regarding the OP, I think there is something in it if a player doesn't get off the mark early.
    Moore doesn't look like that would faze him to me, he looks the part in the box and out.
    I said on here when we signed him that I had a gut instinct he would be a success and expected him to get about 15 goals for us this season. There was something about his demeanour that nothing seemed to faze him as you said and so far (for club and country) he has done the business. Granted, it is very early days but for me he's ticking all the right boxes.

International

Oh yes I forgot.
    any tine City win it was because the other team was rubbish. Nothing to do with City playing well. It couldn't possibly be could it?

Imagine Eddie Johnson without crowds. 30 goals a season.....still a ledge

it wasnt about finishing them it was about being in the rigjt place and having the right movement.

Yes defending was poor but he did his bit.

If you can't see what a good striker's goal the second was, like his winner for Wales against Finland, then you haven't watched so many of our crosses across the six-yard box going to waste over the past few seasons.

And I know the second goal was not a cross, but he was in there where so many of our "strikers" have feared to tread!

He looks like a striker to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    If you can't see what a good striker's goal the second was, like his winner for Wales against Finland, then you haven't watched so many of our crosses across the six-yard box going to waste over the past few seasons.

And I know the second goal was not a cross, but he was in there where so many of our "strikers" have feared to tread!

He looks like a striker to me.

Nail on the head. Got to be in the positions to score them. He'll bag 15 plus, add that to our usual midfield goals and that's a great step forward.

Bet you're fun at parties

City crowds are a lot more forgiving and tolerant than they used to be, I'd say it's social media where our players really get it in the neck from fans now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I said on here when we signed him that I had a gut instinct he would be a success and expected him to get about 15 goals for us this season. There was something about his demeanour that nothing seemed to faze him as you said and so far (for club and country) he has done the business. Granted, it is very early days but for me he's ticking all the right boxes.
    The Moore signing excited me a lot more than when we signed Reid and Murphy. Your above summary is spot on. His attitude is first class.
    SJB

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Imagine Eddie Johnson without crowds. 30 goals a season.....still a ledge
    10 of them would be OGs though!