+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ralls

Ralls

Is he really one of our better players?

Dependable, gives his all, but personally I don’t think he has the touch for a centre midfielder but lack of pace for the DM or CAM role that he played yesterday.

For me he just doesn’t fit.

Re: Ralls

Good at this level , we've not got many decent midfielders, he just lacks that clever Tomlin killer touch , as we saw yesterday when he had a great chance to score , great first touch from Moore however not a great second touch though, he does work hard , and is a great team player and valuable squad player .

Ralls is suffering from being played as a number ten because we don't have a proper alternative to Tomlin. He'd perform much better playing in his natural position. It's like when we played Bruno Ecuele Manga at right back.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Ralls is suffering from being played as a number ten because we don't have a proper alternative to Tomlin. He'd perform much better playing in his natural position. It's like when we played Bruno Ecuele Manga at right back.
    Could we try Murphy or Hoilett at 10 think they may have played there in the past , only suggest this as they do have the skill sets, but not the experience in that position .?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Could we try Murphy or Hoilett at 10 think they may have played there in the past , only suggest this as they do have the skill sets, but not the experience in that position .?
    Good God No!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Good God No!
    Murphy has played centrally before as well as up front and played well

I find Ralls very one paced tho he does the basics well.
    He can get up and down but although he gets the odd goal now and again, he does lack the creative nous to be able to carry off the play making role.

We desperately need a fit Tomlin or a replacement otherwise we shall come up short again.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Murphy has played centrally before as well as up front and played well
    I can count Murphy's good performances on one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Is he really one of our better players?

Dependable, gives his all, but personally I don’t think he has the touch for a centre midfielder but lack of pace for the DM or CAM role that he played yesterday.

For me he just doesn’t fit.
    To answer your question, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I find Ralls very one paced tho he does the basics well.
    He can get up and down but although he gets the odd goal now and again, he does lack the creative nous to be able to carry off the play making role.

We desperately need a fit Tomlin or a replacement otherwise we shall come up short again.
    He is indeed very one paced, lacks composure too. It's not very often that you think to yourself..."That was clever by Ralls" or "That was nicely done". I just find him very average in what he does.

I'm no Ralls fan but for someone who isn't a number 10 got in dangerous position 4 times. 3 times his touch let him down, although I think for the pass from Moore his first touch was probably too precise leaving it to close to him.
    The other time he didn't get the pass.

He is one paced but does the basics well

Yes hes one of our better players. Hes our best central midfielder.

Hes not a no.10 but played well yesterday and made some good runs.

Smithies Morrison Ralls Moore are our key players. Tomlin would be if he could keep fit.

He’s been one of our best players for a few years

I reckon Vaulks would do a better job than Ralls there, but Hoilett or (an in form) Murphy would fit

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To answer your question, yes.
    No, he can't pass

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    No, he can't pass
    He might not be able to pass the ball like a Whitts or a McPhail, but that doesn't mean he can't pass.

Yes. He certainly isn't a 10 or a playmaker, but he's a very good midfielder at this level