+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: YouTube problem?

YouTube problem?

When watching YouTube videos on my tv they freeze and wont unfreeze. I then have to press exit as no other button will do anything. Short videos of less than six minutes are fine, but anything longer keeps freezing ie a twenty minute video will freeze three or four times. When I play the same YouTube videos through my laptop I have no problems at all.
    Netflix, BBC IPlayer, ITV HUB all work fine via the tv.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: YouTube problem?

Have you tried unplugging your tv box, leave it for two minutes and plug it back in so that the tv box recycles itself

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Have you tried unplugging your tv box, leave it for two minutes and plug it back in so that the tv box recycles itself
    Thanks for the reply.
    What's a tv box? Do you mean my router? Sorry but I'm a right technophobe.
    I haven't tried that as all the others (Netflix etc) are working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    When watching YouTube videos on my tv they freeze and wont unfreeze. I then have to press exit as no other button will do anything. Short videos of less than six minutes are fine, but anything longer keeps freezing ie a twenty minute video will freeze three or four times. When I play the same YouTube videos through my laptop I have no problems at all.

I initially read this as you having a problem with RedTube which threw me into a panic.

Perhaps not surprisingly my eyes are not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I initially read this as you having a problem with RedTube which threw me into a panic.

Perhaps not surprisingly my eyes are not the best.

I had an issue with the memory cache on my Samsung Smart TV being full and Amazon Prime Video not working properly. I reset it and then it worked ok. Sounds like it might be a similar problem with buffering etc. Check your tv manual to see how you can reset the memory cache. Worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I had an issue with the memory cache on my Samsung Smart TV being full and Amazon Prime Video not working properly. I reset it and then it worked ok. Sounds like it might be a similar problem with buffering etc. Check your tv manual to see how you can reset the memory cache. Worth a try.
    Would that problem also effect my Netflix etc, because everything else works fine apart from YouTube.

Would that problem also effect my Netflix etc, because everything else works fine apart from YouTube.
    Not tried Netflix sorry but Amazon Prime wouldn't load for me until I cleared the cache. I guess it also depends on just how much data you're using and quality of pic HD, Ultra HD etc. I also had YouTube issues on live streams where the sound and pic were out of sync. I googled my prob and then learnt about the cache issue. Prob a hard reset on your tv would do the same but then you might have to enter all the network settings. Just google re-setting memory cache for your model of tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Not tried Netflix sorry but Amazon Prime wouldn't load for me until I cleared the cache. I guess it also depends on just how much data you're using and quality of pic HD, Ultra HD etc. I also had YouTube issues on live streams where the sound and pic were out of sync. I googled my prob and then learnt about the cache issue. Prob a hard reset on your tv would do the same but then you might have to enter all the network settings. Just google re-setting memory cache for your model of tv.
    I'm not sure what I've done now, but I can't get rid of a screen saying - Wireless Display. Ready for connection. To get started, launch wireless display on your computer or smartphone. Adapter name Hitachi **** Adapter ID ****
    FFS