+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gender Pronouns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gender Pronouns

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I have heard people in discussions getting upset when a speakers says "you don't do that" and they take it personally.
    The way to avoid it is to use the gender neutral "One" As in 'One doesn't so that', but if you use it in normal speech people think you are trying to be 'posh'.
    In German they use the word "Mann" as gender neutral.
    The word 'Mann' is not gender neutral. It's masculine and means 'man'.
    'Man' however, translates our our 'one' that you refer to.
    Isn't that the second time that you given out duff gen about the German language?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The word 'Mann' is not gender neutral. It's masculine and means 'man'.
    'Man' however, translates our our 'one' that you refer to.
    Isn't that the second time that you given out duff gen about the German language?
    So not 'duff gen' then, just a spelling error in a foreign language. We are not all blessed with your encyclopedic knowledge though are we? Did you google translate to check it just to score a cheap point?
    But when you start 'correcting' other posters spelling and grammar on here it just shows how low you'll go t be a smart arse. Most people on here who start doing it are considered to have run out of argument on the subject under discussion.
    As for giving "Duff Gen" about the German language on here before, no I don't recall ever doing it. But I'm sure you'll trawl back through everyone of my 8,000+ posts in the last 10 years just to prove yourself right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    So not 'duff gen' then, just a spelling error in a foreign language. We are not all blessed with your encyclopedic knowledge though are we? Did you google translate to check it just to score a cheap point?
    But when you start 'correcting' other posters spelling and grammar on here it just shows how low you'll go t be a smart arse. Most people on here who start doing it are considered to have run out of argument on the subject under discussion.
    As for giving "Duff Gen" about the German language on here before, no I don't recall ever doing it. But I'm sure you'll trawl back through everyone of my 8,000+ posts in the last 10 years just to prove yourself right!!!
    I added a smiley to indicate that I wasn't really being that critical, old fruit. Calm down

And I didn't look it up if that really makes any difference

May your day be filled with serendipity, deep joy and good karma.