+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gender Pronouns

Re: Gender Pronouns

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Please tell me about these apparent left narratives in the media.
    No Eric I won’t.

I used to be a bleeding-heart heart liberal but the pronoun debate is urging me to invade Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I do genuinely believe that the explosion over the last few years of SJW’s and apparent left narratives in the media has pushed centrist people to the right.
    People will rebel, when you are told " you must think this and that " and " your opinion must be the same as mine or you are racist / sexist / homophobic / non-inclusive etc etc etc " people will push against it

it isnt helped that people can do this from the safety of behind a keyboard or screen

Hen (Swedish: [ˈhɛnː] (About this soundlisten)) is a gender-neutral personal pronoun in Swedish intended as an alternative to the gender-specific hon ("she") and han ("he"). It can be used when the gender of a person is not known or when it is not desirable to specify them as either a "she" or "he". The word was first proposed in 1966, and again in 1994, with reference to the Finnish hän, a personal pronoun that is gender-neutral, since Finnish does not have grammatical genders

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    People will rebel, when you are told " you must think this and that " and " your opinion must be the same as mine or you are racist / sexist / homophobic / non-inclusive etc etc etc " people will push against it

it isnt helped that people can do this from the safety of behind a keyboard or screen
    To be fair though, you were posting Islamophobic slurs on here before it was cool, Matt.

I do genuinely believe that the explosion over the last few years of SJW’s and apparent left narratives in the media has pushed centrist people to the right.
    You’ve been brain washed, stop reading the brain rotting nonsense you’ve been reading and start worrying about things that actually matter.

Imagine if you focussed this anger onto some actual injustice and not how some other human being would like to be referred.

As you said, it’s a very small minority of the population and it costs nothing to address somebody by their requested pronoun.
    Which I of course would do.

The offense to me as I have said, is that it is part of the wIder intersectionality prism that is being driven by “a certain type of demographic” that is pushing for change at a pace beyond what a large amount of people are comfortable with.

I’m glad you are here to enlighten with such credentials.
    For a starter...I’d be interested to know how to pronounce “Womxn” correctly as I’d hate to cause offense.
    Bloody hell

You wouldn't refer to someone with mental health issues as mental. You don't refer to someone with a learning difficulty as retarded. We move on. We live and learn. Do I understand gender fluidity? Absolutely not. But then why would I? I've never experienced anything like that. If that's how someone feels and they'd prefer to be addressed as such, I have no problem with it.

I know a bloke that used to be called Bobby and then transitioned to female. More of a friend of a friend. We have to refer to her as Jennifer now. It's weird, and I slip up sometimes but I try to go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You wouldn't refer to someone with mental health issues as mental. You don't refer to someone with a learning difficulty as retarded. We move on. We live and learn. Do I understand gender fluidity? Absolutely not. But then why would I? I've never experienced anything like that. If that's how someone feels and they'd prefer to be addressed as such, I have no problem with it.

I know a bloke that used to be called Bobby and then transitioned to female. More of a friend of a friend. We have to refer to her as Jennifer now. It's weird, and I slip up sometimes but I try to go along with it.
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’m seeing the more than occasional emergence of the use of gender pronouns by people across both email and social platforms.

Email signatures or profile names tend to be followed with (she/her/hers) (they/them/theirs)(he/him/his).

Little but significant moves towards equality
    its bullying and complete rubbish , these activists are nothing more than the salem witch trials just ask jk rowling . absolute insanity encouraged to divide everyone

that's nothing to do with pronoun bullying by grievence merchants

International

I have heard people in discussions getting upset when a speakers says "you don't do that" and they take it personally.
    The way to avoid it is to use the gender neutral "One" As in 'One doesn't so that', but if you use it in normal speech people think you are trying to be 'posh'.
    In German they use the word "Mann" as gender neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn44 View Post
    its bullying and complete rubbish , these activists are nothing more than the salem witch trials just ask jk rowling . absolute insanity encouraged to divide everyone
    Look at Gina Carano for proof of that, she has been mercilessly trolled on twitter about it, once again, from the safety of behind a keyboard of screen

a link to the story

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...y-b436015.html

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn44 View Post
    that's nothing to do with pronoun bullying by grievence merchants
    Do you have a grievance with grievance merchants?

Heisenberg

Look at Gina Carano for proof of that, she has been mercilessly trolled on twitter about it, once again, from the safety of behind a keyboard of screen

a link to the story

The people doing that are obviously c**ts. Have you been on twitter? It's full of them.

Left, centre, right... Whatever the person's politics or identity, Twitter is a cesspool of c*ntishness.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Hen (Swedish: [ˈhɛnː] (About this soundlisten)) is a gender-neutral personal pronoun in Swedish intended as an alternative to the gender-specific hon ("she") and han ("he"). It can be used when the gender of a person is not known or when it is not desirable to specify them as either a "she" or "he". The word was first proposed in 1966, and again in 1994, with reference to the Finnish hän, a personal pronoun that is gender-neutral, since Finnish does not have grammatical genders
    Good idea. Much less clumsy than ‘they’ as a gender neutral alternative to he or she. ‘They’ sounds plural - and although that is a small annoyance to me, it is still there and I wish there was a better option in English.

a link to the story

She posted something inflammatory to rile people up (from behind her screen btw) and got shit for it. Not sure this proves what you think it does

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I have heard people in discussions getting upset when a speakers says "you don't do that" and they take it personally.
    The way to avoid it is to use the gender neutral "One" As in 'One doesn't so that', but if you use it in normal speech people think you are trying to be 'posh'.
    In German they use the word "Mann" as gender neutral.
    The word 'Mann' is not gender neutral. It's masculine and means 'man'.
    'Man' however, translates our our 'one' that you refer to.
    Isn't that the second time that you given out duff gen about the German language?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Do you have a grievance with grievance merchants?
    He's got a few grievances this one

No Eric I won’t.
    Bugger. I was so looking forward to you providing such a comprehensive list.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    She posted something inflammatory to rile people up (from behind her screen btw) and got shit for it. Not sure this proves what you think it does
    she posted it AFTER being harassed and Bullied for months

After months of harassing me in every way. I decided to put 3 VERY controversial words in my bio.. beep/bop/boop.”
    Once again she mentions EVERYDAY for MONTHS

I don’t think trans people would like all of you trying to force a woman to put something in her bio through harassment & name calling EVERYDAY for MONTHS. Such as “Racist” Transphobe” “Bitch” “Weirdo” “ I hope you die” “I hope you lose your career” “your fat, you’re ugly”.
    so it does somewhat prove the point

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You’ve been brain washed, stop reading the brain rotting nonsense you’ve been reading and start worrying about things that actually matter.

Imagine if you focussed this anger onto some actual injustice and not how some other human being would like to be referred.
    I tend to agree with WDB sorry.

I believe that these topics are so divisive they’ve split demographics. I think that they are so polarising anyone that was moderate has hardened stances. What reason, be it brexit, gender or people expressing opinions more on social media etc has yet to be determined but I do find people’s options becoming hardened be that both left or right.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The people doing that are obviously c**ts. Have you been on twitter? It's full of them.

Left, centre, right... Whatever the person's politics or identity, Twitter is a cesspool of c*ntishness.
    Totally agree. Easily drawn in to have an opinion on everything with no benefit. Must admit falling foul of this myself

I think it comes down to (and works for all topics)

Does this affect you?
    Does this affect you personally?

If either answer is no, then shut the **** up

she posted it AFTER being harassed and Bullied for months

Once again she mentions EVERYDAY for MONTHS

so it does somewhat prove the point
    Yeah I read the article, I don't believe her in the slightest.

You can write in caps all you want mate, you don't have a clue.

https://twitter.com/search?lang=en&q...rc=typed_query

https://twitter.com/search?q=(%22die...rc=typed_query

(second link is in response to claims about people wanting her to "die")

EVERY DAY FOR MONTHS

She started getting tweets THIS MONTH after supposedly liking a tweet which claimed people who use pronouns are weirdos, she then doubled down by claiming she's being bullied (read the tweets and make your own mind up, I don't see much bullying going on) and proceeded to mock pronouns entirely with the beep thing. Don't be a ****, if someone wants you to call them she/they/him etc then do it

she's a professional victim