+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 60

Thread: WHY???????????

  1. #1

    WHY???????????

    WHY??? Cannot this forum be kept on track ...to do with CCFC.... It seems at the moment that this a forum for all and sundry and redicoulus. I look at other clubs forums and none tread the depth of irrelevancy at this one.

  2. #2

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    WHY??? Cannot this forum be kept on track ...to do with CCFC.... It seems at the moment that this a forum for all and sundry and redicoulus. I look at other clubs forums and none tread the depth of irrelevancy at this one.
    Couldn't agree more. What's your favourite savoury snack?

  3. #3

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    redicoulus. .
    You had to mention the one colour that’d stir everything up again

  4. #4

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You had to mention the one colour that’d stir everything up again
    I'd be more concerned with all of those question marks. I thought that it was a prelude to an Annie Lennox song.

  5. #5

    Re: WHY???????????

    Just sums up my thoughts....banal...

  6. #6

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Just sums up my thoughts....banal...
    Here's the thing though Maurice, if someone was to go onto your profile and click the Posts Started button and looked at say the last 20 what percentage would you think would be about Cardiff City??????????????

  7. #7

    Re: WHY???????????

    Your own recently started threads include-

    Man City v Real Madrid
    Liverpool v Leeds
    Bayern Munich v Lyon
    Obscene salaries
    French quarantine
    Swansea v Brentford

    Why??????????????

  8. #8

    Re: WHY???????????

    Just sums up my thoughts....banal...

    Yep I agree...I was just responding...but it should NOT be like tha!!! Let's try and get this back to CCFC....and not politics...not weather girls...not spots on nose... etc etc...

  9. #9

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Just sums up my thoughts....banal...

    Yep I agree...I was just responding...but it should NOT be like tha!!! Let's try and get this back to CCFC....and not politics...not weather girls...not spots on nose... etc etc...
    No we are talking about the last 20 odd posts you started to initiate a debate not the one's you joined. These include:

    Black Boy
    Police State
    Giving the Knee
    A hypothetical question (about diversity on colonising a new planet)
    UK temperatures
    Sludge will like this one
    Who was the greatest (Ali or Tyson)
    What do you wish you could do.

    Are you trying to look a bit silly or just banal?

  10. #10

    Re: WHY???????????

    I'd have to agree. The reason I came over here from the other board was due to politics taking over (because this board has a specific area for politics).

  11. #11

    Re: WHY???????????

    I want to write something but it's got nothing to do with football.....much like this fred

  12. #12

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    WHY??? Cannot this forum be kept on track ...to do with CCFC.... It seems at the moment that this a forum for all and sundry and redicoulus. I look at other clubs forums and none tread the depth of irrelevancy at this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    No we are talking about the last 20 odd posts you started to initiate a debate not the one's you joined. These include:

    Black Boy
    Police State
    Giving the Knee
    A hypothetical question (about diversity on colonising a new planet)
    UK temperatures
    Sludge will like this one
    Who was the greatest (Ali or Tyson)
    What do you wish you could do.

    Are you trying to look a bit silly or just banal?
    Well this the biggest ass handed on a plate I've seen for a while

  13. #13

    Re: WHY???????????

    Most of the best threads on this board over the years, Favourite Crisps, Beef Dripping, Songs for a USB stick, West Indian woman stranger sitting on my sofa and that crazy female stalker have had absolutely nothing to do with CCFC.

    I just don't quite get the pent up anger of someone who has started the overwhelming majority of his new subjects on subjects that have nothing to do with CCFC and lots to do with a political view complaining about others doing exactly the same.

    Each to their own I suppose!

  14. #14

    Re: WHY???????????

    This board would be empty and boring as **** if we just kept it to CCFC. It's not like we don't talk about the City. We talk about that, and when it's been completely done to death we move on to whatever Sludge has posted that morning. Sorts. Music. How beer doesn't taste good. His old dear. TLG. That sort of thing.

    I also have no problem with talking about whatever game happens to be on the telly at the time. Looking forward to this afternoon. I never thought I could be remotely interested in or sympathetic towards Wolves. Funny old game. 15 years ago I would have had nothing but respect for Man City and wished them well. Not anymore.

  15. #15

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Most of the best threads on this board over the years, Favourite Crisps, Beef Dripping, Songs for a USB stick, West Indian woman stranger sitting on my sofa and that crazy female stalker have had absolutely nothing to do with CCFC.

    I just don't quite get the pent up anger of someone who has started the overwhelming majority of his new subjects on subjects that have nothing to do with CCFC and lots to do with a political view complaining about others doing exactly the same.

    Each to their own I suppose!
    i'd forgotten about that one

  16. #16

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This board would be empty and boring as **** if we just kept it to CCFC. It's not like we don't talk about the City. We talk about that, and when it's been completely done to death we move on to whatever Sludge has posted that morning. Sorts. Music. How beer doesn't taste good. His old dear. TLG. That sort of thing.

    I also have no problem with talking about whatever game happens to be on the telly at the time. Looking forward to this afternoon. I never thought I could be remotely interested in or sympathetic towards Wolves. Funny old game. 15 years ago I would have had nothing but respect for Man City and wished them well. Not anymore.
    When I first came onto this board round about 2004, one of the great strengths of this board was the eclectic mix of posts.Football mixed with music politics appeals for help with PC's, decorating, DIY etc etc.

    And it worked. But then posters (presumably newer ones at the time)started to complain about the non footbal posts.

    This eventually culminated in the separate politics board and there was a time when I thought that there would be other separate boards and this would just be for football.

    This never happened but we are still stuck rather pointlessly with a separate politics board but every other subject under the sun on this one!!

    Mike knows my feelings on this but my occasional grumble about the pointlessness and stupidity of this fall on deaf ears.

  17. #17

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    When I first came onto this board round about 2004, one of the great strengths of this board was the eclectic mix of posts.Football mixed with music politics appeals for help with PC's, decorating, DIY etc etc.

    And it worked. But then posters (presumably newer ones at the time)started to complain about the non footbal posts.

    This eventually culminated in the separate politics board and there was a time when I thought that there would be other separate boards and this would just be for football.

    This never happened but we are still stuck rather pointlessly with a separate politics board but every other subject under the sun on this one!!

    Mike knows my feelings on this but my occasional grumble about the pointlessness and stupidity of this fall on deaf ears.
    at the time all the politics boards descended to the same arguments.

    now it seems to be a haven for weird conspiracy theories half the time

  18. #18

  19. #19
    First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    English side of the Bridge
    Posts
    1,276

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Just sums up my thoughts....banal...

    Yep I agree...I was just responding...but it should NOT be like tha!!! Let's try and get this back to CCFC....and not politics...not weather girls...not spots on nose... etc etc...
    My colleague, a Cheltenham Town fan, is delighted that Tom Sang is being signed on a season-long loan.

    I thought that he would be better utilized in our match day squad.

    #CCFC

  20. #20

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    My colleague, a Cheltenham Town fan, is delighted that Tom Sang is being signed on a season-long loan.

    I thought that he would be better utilized in our match day squad.

    #CCFC
    It's a good job he didn't go to Norwich instead.

  21. #21
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    8,976

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I want to write something but it's got nothing to do with football.....much like this fred
    There's no need to bring fred into this, she hasn't done anything!!!

  22. #22

    Re: WHY???????????

    If it wasn't for the "irrelevant" threads this site would cease to exist.

  23. #23

    Re: WHY???????????

    My first City game was in 82. I bet it's similar for some contributors across this board and in many more instances well before that. Just in my case I've been in love with the City for roughly 11,680 days then. In the OP's case if Maurice Swan is his favourite player then maybe he's had the bug for over 21,000 days. Who knows.

    Can i think of something new to say about them every day? I'm afraid I cannot.

    Can he? Judging by his previous posts it's a no.

    Can I, or even do I want to talk about them and nothing else every day for 11,680 days, which for a large duration they were a bit crap? Compulsive and engaging crap but still pretty crap. Again sadly it's a no.

    But do I want somewhere where I can talk about them if there's something going on, or remember some old times ?

    Or perhaps just talk to other City fans with unbound banality about who's got a beard or have you ever done a runner from a restaurant? What bands are decent and have you seen any good films?

    Well yes.Yes I do. There isn't a City board going that can be all football and still get enough day to day traffic. Not enough people world wide would check it enough to see if Lee Tomlin is fit or why did NML leave to make it viable.

    A nice mix of the two is preferable and quite why it annoys people so much is beyond me. These arguments seem to play out on all football forums but particularly the City ones.

  24. #24

    Re: WHY???????????

    whats the worst job you ever had ?

    Sony bridgend testing TV sets for faults

    I was there for a week before I left

    I will never get that time back

    Haunted

  25. #25

    Re: WHY???????????

    As stated on a previous thread, personally I only want to read about Cardiff City on this site. Not interested in politics, Wales football, rugby, any other club side unless it affects City. Basically, just want to discuss CCFC.

  26. #26

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    As stated on a previous thread, personally I only want to read about Cardiff City on this site. Not interested in politics, Wales football, rugby, any other club side unless it affects City. Basically, just want to discuss CCFC.
    Just only open threads about Cardiff then.

  27. #27

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Most of the best threads on this board over the years, Favourite Crisps, Beef Dripping, Songs for a USB stick, West Indian woman stranger sitting on my sofa and that crazy female stalker have had absolutely nothing to do with CCFC.

    I just don't quite get the pent up anger of someone who has started the overwhelming majority of his new subjects on subjects that have nothing to do with CCFC and lots to do with a political view complaining about others doing exactly the same.

    Each to their own I suppose!
    Where did he mention he was angry?

  28. #28

    Re: WHY???????????

    Can someone restart that thread with the picture of the front of the Bobbank with that bloke with the big hand.

  29. #29

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Where did he mention he was angry?

    I think it was his shouty intro joe.. WHY?????..That bit.. The internet equivalent of shouting I believe. He does seem to be slightly more than miffed. He's given the ref a decision to make on his anger level if we want to tie it back to football parlance.

  30. #30

    Re: WHY???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Where did he mention he was angry?
    Have you really never been in a relationship?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •